Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you meet your special Somepony?

Yurikun

I don't have a special somepony and I haven't had one for quite a long time, but I'll share one of my past experiences.

I've had a few romantic encounters, some in person and some online. In person, I tried expressing my feelings for a woman I liked once, and that didn't get anywhere. On a different occasion, a woman asked me out once but I wasn't interested so I respectfully declined. 

Online, I've only had one major experience that ended up going anywhere. It largely took place from 2009 to early 2013.

I met a woman thanks to an online game/community I started participating in around June 2008 that I still enjoy using to this day. I originally met her in group chats with a few mutual friends on gmail in 2009. I ended up playing the game with her more and eventually I started talking to her one-on-one a substantial amount. She was kind and had a sweet personality, so before too long I became interested in her on a romantic level.

I ended up realizing I loved her sometime in mid-2010. At that point I found out she also loved me, and we decided to be in an actual relationship in early 2011.

Both of us were young. Mistakes were made, feelings shifted over time, and eventually we ended up apart. We're not close friends anymore, but ultimately we went our separate ways on positive terms without any resentment or anger. I don't talk to her regularly, but I get in touch with her from time to time. I believe the last time I spoke to her was early this year, or perhaps late last year.

My friendship/relationship with her was one of the most emotionally intense periods of my life. I went through the whole range of emotions at very deep levels: joy, anger, love, sadness, grief, you name it. I ended up growing as a person a ton by the time we had gone our separate ways. It was the first (and only) major relationship I've been in so far, so it was a major learning experience. I've continued to learn more in a few more minor experiences with others that occurred after that.

Personally, I'm open to the idea of a relationship, whether it's online or in person. I don't have a huge preference about that, I'm far more concerned about who someone is as a person than where they happen to be located on the planet. I'm a high school senior, so I'm interested in women no younger than 15 or 16, and no older than 22 or 23. 

I'm not in any rush, though. Getting into a relationship just for the sake of getting into a relationship is a really bad idea. It's all about meeting the right person. I'm not entirely sure who the right person for me is, but I'm generally attracted to women who are kind, sweet, caring, intelligent, and funny. There are more detailed personality factors I might look for but those are the fundamental and primary ones.

While I'm not in any rush, I do hope I find the right person some day (if I haven't met them already, with or without realizing it xD). I love the idea of being able to share life with someone on an intimate level. I have best friends, but that's a bit different. It's nice to have someone you love, both as a best friend and on a romantic level, someone you can trust and depend on for anything, and vice versa. 

I'm confident it'll happen some day. What I don't know is when that day will be.

• Brohoof 2

I'm confident it'll happen some day. What I don't know is when that day will be.

And that right there ... that sentence ... is why I love life and being alive. Could happen anywhere and anytime. Que l'amour my friend. :D

I met him when we did an RP together on another Forum. We started exchanging PMs about what our characters would do during it, and started getting to know eachother more, and in 2 days we'll have been seeing eachother for 3 months :)

Please tell me that was the Chipmunks forum, I don't know why but with all the things I've heard about that place ... I want to think something amazing came from it.

Oh and nice signature image BTW.

• Brohoof 4

Please tell me that was the Chipmunks forum, I don't know why but with all the things I've heard about that place ... I want to think something amazing came from it.

Oh and nice signature image BTW.

Eeyup.  He was playing Simon in the RP, and I was playing Theodore of course.  It was a really fun RP too, one of my favorites in recent memory.  It's also the best thing to happen for me on that Forum ever :D

Thanks!  The signature was made by my friend Brittany (her real name), from that same Chipmunks Forum.  She's always been a lot better than I am at making signatures, so I asked her for some help making one for me on here.

• Brohoof 1

While watching MLP i met a fabulous girl named Rarity

I've never really had a gf, i had an online relationship but it didn't meant anything to me, it was kinda weird, it started like a roleplay but then it became "real", and after a few months the girl started to scare me and we never talked to each other again  :wacko: however, i do wanna meet my special somepony, but i'm just 15 so i can wait.

I do not have one at this point, but I did earlier this year...The greatest I had ever had, though I have not had many relationships like that. I met him/her (he was MTF transgender but for some reason I always found it cuter using 'he/him') on these forums surprisingly and he made me feel like I had never felt before and in a lot of ways he gave me hope. It last a few months, which for me was incredible, but distance was the destruction of it. After that, the hope kinda faded and my confidence in relationships like that faded with it.

So yep, I met him on here. Might have been the only time something like that will ever happen.

It all started in a computer store, I was scouting for good computers with great deal. Then, there she was. It was love at first sight. I made my first move, looking at her. She was sort of shy at the time but... I held her. The...The price tag was just too good to be true... and her name was Alienware! *tears rolling down* 

Fine! I'm guilty! I'm still single T.T Please don't arrest me? btw, interesting love stories here, I like how some of them ended. Sorry for the lame joke (no hard feelings?), but my laptop is my one and only 'special somepony'. I'm staying single forever :3

Edited by Code Kirin

• 1 year later...

I have not and my outlook for any future relationships is pretty bleak. 

I'll be perfectly honest, being alone doesn't really seem that bad.  You don't have to worry about somebody other than yourself and can do whatever you want.  :proud:

When I was is 5th grade, I, in a way, had a girlfriend. She just told me that she had a crush on me, and she for some reason only crushes on people who likes her, so I forced myself to like her and then we were dating. I was too young to date, according to my parents, and still am, so I thought it was just us having a crush on each other, but no. It was definitely dating and I couldn't admit it to myself. The thing is, it only lasted like a month or so.

• 1 month later...

I met her on here nearly a year ago :) She sent me a PM but I was shy and stupid and didn't say much in reply, but a few days later she started another conversation with me, and somehow, it got a lot further than the previous one did. ^_^

• 3 years later...

I met him right here on the forums, in January of 2018. If it weren't for MLP we never would've known either one of us existed. :wau: Right, @Cyclone

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I met my boyfriend after arguing with him on an LGBT-based forum about a post he made where he was basically shoving his feelings of depression and his suicidal thoughts down other people's throats. Then of course we made up (after telling him about my experiences with depression and suicidal thoughts as well as actions) and eventually in time we made out :P ( after we both got banned from the forum for dumb reasons :dry: ).

I met my special somepony in karate class, interestingly enough. She was one rank higher than I was and, as I later learned, she also went to the same school as I did and even volunteered in the same theatre group I was involved in. Anyways, after a few butt-kickings from her (which I guess is where I get my submissive and masochistic nature) we started talking casually until I eventually made my move on her during a theatre practice. 

I was introduced to my special somepony by my best friend/coworker who decided I seriously needed a social life. She invited me to meet her and a group of her friends at California Adventure for an evening of fun after work. There were about ten people in the group and we eventually broke off into smaller groups of two or three to do different things. I paired off with a guy I was hitting it off with and we spent the rest of the evening together, just the two of us. There was good chemistry there and by the end of the night we had already set up another date. Now we’re married.