Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nefarious: Be the bad guy!

Dr. Mechano

e89d3d1ec6234a57fb87847a0ab7a4ba_large.p

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/749082525/nefarious

Be the villain! A traditionally animated side-scroller where you get to be the bad guy! Kidnap Princesses! Thwart heroes!

7bed80339d628af50f8b771e8c67e27c_large.g

This game looks fantastic.

For the first time I can think of, you get to play as a world-conquering mad genius who thwarts superheroes, kidnaps princesses, commands an army of silly robot minions, and even battles his foes in giant boss mechs!

Indeed, one of the main draws of the game for me is a unique feature: reverse boss fights, where you control the imposing boss mech and attempt to crush your heroic nemesis, as seen here.

ad1d2e11f028dc0b4db66ce60b9a8105_large.p

Nefarious stars the dastardly Crow, a magnificent supervillain with dreams of world conquest. Its music is composed by the creator of the beloved webcomic Brawl in the Family.

This is the game I've been waiting years to see, and someone's finally creating my dream-project. As a bonus, ol' Dr. Mechano (i.e. Me!) will be making a brief NPC cameo appearance in-game if it gets funded (and so can your character, if you snag one of the remaining "VIP Minion" slots)!

You can look at the game's Kickstarter HERE! I figured the forum deserved a discussion topic about the game's funding and - hopefully - its development and subsequent release! Let's talk about Nefarious here!

(Also, no, I don't personally know the creators, they aren't asking me to promote this, etc. I just think this looks like a really cool game, and wanted to share it with all of you! Let's get this game funded, guys!)

Double-posting for an update.

Nefarious has been submitted to be greenlit for Steam, but it needs your help!

Vote for it HERE if you have Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302864808

Even if you have no money to donate, your vote can help this project and make a difference. :D

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Brohoof 1

EDIT

Sorry for the triple post, but the project has updated again!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/749082525/nefarious/posts/958847

From now until the end of Saturday, you can get a copy of the game for only a $10 donation instead of the usual $15, so take advantage of this while it lasts! Additionally, a backer will donate an additional $1000 if the project reaches $15,000 by Saturday's end. Let's get those numbers rolling, and take advantage of this sweet deal! (And tell your friends, too!)