Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do if stuck with a pony on a deserted island?

Octavia_Melody2

I don't know if I put this in the right forum or not. It's meant to be a hypothetical, not a roleplay.

Personally, I'd look for food, water, shelter, etc. and hope it doesn't run out, because otherwise I'd be sorely tempted to have steak cooked medium Rarity. :confused:

• Brohoof 5

Try not to eat each other o: ... At least if stuck with a Pegasus they could fly for help, or unicorn could make a flare with her horn. It's a tough one but the pony probably has a better chance, idk. About to be Lord of the Flies up in here. :P

It depends on the pony.

Twilight Sparkle: Make a checklist of things to do. Look for food and set up a base shelter. Once survival is ensured for the day, work on a magic signal strong enough to summon help.

Applejack: Create a shelter and look for food. She'd be the easiest to get by with, being practical and used to the kind of manual labor that'd surely be needed on an island.

Fluttershy: Help her talk to the animals and convince them to help us with food, shelter, and possibly a way back home.

Pinkie Pie: Knowing Pinkie, I wouldn't be in much danger on the island. Explore with her, getting things to eat and looking for a decent place to live. Spend most of the day moving.

Rainbow Dash: Have her search the island for dangers. Find food, shelter and water.

Rarity: Find a suitable, easily defendable place to stay. Search for food, trusting her to keep the base in check and make the place comfortable in case of a long-term stay.

Spike: If possible, send a letter to Princess Celestia seeking assistance. Otherwise, look for food, shelter and water.

Discord: Humor him. His magic would be extremely useful in finding food, water and shelter, and I think the best chance of escaping would be to cooperate and try to get along.

Trixie: Have her build a shelter while looking for food. Because she lives in a wagon, I expect she'd be good at setting up satisfactory homes with unsatisfactory materials.

Zecora: Build a shelter while she looks for helpful herbs and food. Rely on her knowledge to get through.

Blueblood: Find a stick. Stab, then eat.

• Brohoof 9

Bonus points for dat medium Rarity pun.

I guess I'd just try to rough it out and survive. If the pony was a pegasus, I'd see if he/she could fly out and look for help. If the pony was a unicorn, I'd hope she could use her magic to send up signal flares every once in a while. 

Edited by MasterCombine

Well, I'm going to go crazy without a release, so I guess whoever she is would be it. 
Only if she was up for it, of course, I never want to force anyone to do anything.

Wait, we're talking about Equestrian ponies, right?
If we're talking about real ponies. Blegh, get that thing away from me.

Clearly if i am to be stuck on a deserted island with a pony it would be Pinkie,because if it was anypony else i would respectfully decline.  :maud:

With that being said,being stuck on said deserted island with Pinkie would be quite exciting for me -- considering Pinkie can do whatever the fuck she wants; and quite frankly i might be able too also considering the odds of such a random occurrence happening without it being a deliberate result of either me or Pinkie,im assuming we will have a "Desserted Island Party" with the local animals of said island,lots of desserts would be served -- obviously because its a dessert island party on a deserted island.  :maud:

Yup. Screwin' those rules indeed.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

This question is so abstract it's meaningless. You might as well ask 'who's your favorite pony', a topic that has already been discussed to death.

This question is so abstract it's meaningless. You might as well ask 'who's your favorite pony', a topic that has already been discussed to death.

But that medium Rarity pun was good, right? :please:

I guess I should've gone with my original idea "would you ever eat a MLP pony"? :blink:

We'd have to try to make due with living there; finding food, making shelter, etc.

Then we'd get to know each other, and I'd be glad to have such interesting company.

Well, I'm going to go crazy without a release, so I guess whoever she is would be it. 
Only if she was up for it, of course, I never want to force anyone to do anything.

Wait, we're talking about Equestrian ponies, right?
If we're talking about real ponies. Blegh, get that thing away from me.

uh... what do you mean by that?   :blink:

If I recall, I saw a thread like this, only difference was, you had to choose which pony were to be with you, if you got stranded on a deserted island.  Anyhow, if I had my waifu, Spitfire.....................i rather spend the rest of my life with her there, lol.  If i had Pinkie Pie, I would cry out for help. 

It depends on quite a few factors:

In what way are you stranded on said island? Was it some sort of boat or plane crash, where you can use sourced resources from the wreckage to aid you; was it where you were exiled for any particular reason; or were you sort of kidnapped and given nothing to help you?

Does the said island have any sort of readily-available resources, such as a fresh supply of water, some sort of basic shelter or natural shelter, and vegetation to provide some sort of nourishment?

How far away from Equestria is said island? Is it manageable to use some sort of handmade raft or boat and try to sail back, or is it better to try and signal for help?

Is anyone injured, or in need of medical help? My hat could make gathering resources and escaping difficult.

One thing to consider would be whether or not you're human, or if you are a pony like your partner.

Another, and probably the most important, thing to consider is which pony are you stuck with, because each of the Mane 6 has their advantages and disadvantages:

Pinkie Pie:

Pros: Pinkie would actually be one of my first choices, primarily because of how Pinkie has come through in difficult situations. Her Pinkie Sense would come in handy, and due to her spontaneous and random nature, could pretty much find anything that could aid in a survival situation. Pinkie knows how to draw attention, and that could help with escaping.

Cons: At the same time, Pinkie would be the first to get on your nerves and annoy the hell out of you. You also run the risk of having Pinkie gather nonessential items, and things that wouldn't provide any benefit. She'd also be one to attract some "unwanted" attention.

Applejack:

Pros: Applejack would be another good choice. She'd easily find the necessary resources needed to survive, as well as the best when it came to building shelter. Not to mention her resiliency would prove effective if wild animals were threatening.

Cons: Applejack's biggest downfall would probably be when it came to escaping the island. The only possible method would be by building some sort of boat, or signaling for help.

Rarity:

Pros: Rarity's attention to detail and planning will be a plus, in terms of prioritizing what needs done in what order. She's also quite skilled with her hooves, as well as magic, so both could come into play at some point.

Cons: There are 2 things that will have to be overcome with Rarity. The first being her cleanliness, which might cause you some trouble. The other would be actually motivating Rarity to help, knowing her personality.

Twilight Sparkle:

Pros: Twilight's thirst for knowledge will aid in your survival, assuming she's either read, or has a survival book on her. Her expertise with magic could easily come in handy, where she could craft a teleportation spell to return you to Equestria.

Cons: Being a newly-anointed Alicorn, Twilight isn't exactly familiar with her wings, meaning any sort of extended flying is off limits. Another thing is her knowledge. She might know about the subject, but knowledge and execution are 2 different things. She may talk the talk, but probably can't walk the walk.

Fluttershy:

Pros: The biggest thing Fluttershy has working for her is her ability to work with animals, including The Stare. It will come in handy when either searching for resources, or when fending off wild animals. Her quiet, timid nature would also aid in not creating any unwanted attention.

Cons: Fluttershy isn't the strongest flyer, and as a result, her flying prowess would probably be limited to scouting. Her timid nature would keep her from crossing rough, dangerous terrain, as well as limit your options for shelter a bit.

Rainbow Dash:

Pros: Dashie's flying is key, as her strong ability to do so would immensely help, whether it be scouting, collecting resources, or escaping from the island. Her quick speed would also aid in perilous events of any sort of nature, and her resiliency will keep you from wild animal attacks.

Cons: Dashie, to a degree, is lazy. You'll have to motivate her to help. Her high-strung nature will also need to be worked around, in order to accomplish anything. She's also going to want to things the hard, dangerous way, which could prove dangerous, if not deadly, in any survival scenario.

• Brohoof 1