Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is your favorite Sci-fi TV show?

Your Nightly Spectre

Hello, this is a simple thread where I would like to know what are your favorite sci-fi TV-shows[partly because I am looking for one to watch and partly because I just thought this would be a good thread to start]

I hope I don't have to explain the term "science fiction", so lets get this started! 

This is the answer template, please share! 

Favorite Sci-fi TV-show: 

Why is it your favorite: 

Favorite character from it

How much of a fan are you exactly

Favorite sci-fi TV-show: Battlestar Galactica

Why is it your favorite: It has some nice backstory to it and action, and the characters feel very real. Also it has epic space battles.

Favorite character from it: Captain Apollo

How much of a fan are you exactly: Well, I am the casual fan. I am not part of any forums or anything, and I do not go to any conventions based on it. But if I ever go to comic-con I am surely dressing up as a Battlestar officer. ^-^

Edited by TheDarkStar
  • Brohoof 1

I have heaps, and I'm not sure whether you want me to list them all so I'll just do the one I'm watching at the moment.. 

Favorite sci-fi TV-show: Under the Dome.

Why is it your favorite: An Interesting concept, and interesting conflict. 

Favorite character from it: Angie McAlister.

How much of a fan are you exactly: I keep up to date with the episodes, and am about to read the book. 

As you wish; 

Favorite sci-fi TV-show: Warehouse 13. 

Why is it your favorite: Also an interesting concept, funny characters, but also quite emotional at times, with MASSIVE plot twists. 

Favorite character from it: Claudia Donavan. 

How much of a fan are you exactly: Followed the actor of Claudia, Allison Scagliotti, on Twitter. Have read up on their wiki, and done some research on the artifacts and historic people mentioned in the series.   :squee:

Favorite sci-fi TV-show: Torchwood

Why is it your favorite: Lots of conflict. 

Favorite character from it: Hmm. Rhys Williams. 

How much of a fan are you exactly: Still kept watching the show, despite all the gay scenes.. which actually started to get really frequent towards the end of the show. Not that I'm homophobic or anything, it's just there were scenes I'd have rather not seen. At all. 

Favorite sci-fi TV-show: Doctor Who.

Why is it your favorite: Interesting concept, and antagonists. 

Favorite character from it: The Doctor. 

How much of a fan are you exactly: Am waiting for the next season. :)

Favorite sci-fi TV-show: Fringe.

Why is it your favorite: Action packed.  

Favorite character from it: August.

How much of a fan are you exactly: Watch to its very last episode, even though it had lost a lot of its spark. 

All the others I have watched are good too, I just don't feel like putting them all up. They're on my profile, at the bottom. 

Oh, how could I forget my biggest, most favourite. 

Favorite sci-fi TV-show: Almost Human.

Why is it your favorite: Funny, conflict, action, crime, and mystery. 

Favorite character from it: Dorian.

How much of a fan are you exactly: Am eagerly awaiting it's new season. 

Favorite Sci-fi TV-show: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Why is it your favorite: The story telling is amazing, in almost every episode there is a life lesson, and the characters are very entertaining.

Favorite character from it: Data the android

How much of a fan are you exactly: I am an extremely big fan, I own almost all the spin-off books, I have posters all over my room and autographs from the entire cast over my desk. I've been watching it since I was a kid, and it still remains as my favorite TV show. 

Favorite Sci-fi TV-show: psycho-pass

Why is it your favorite:  its an awesome, visually stunning anime.

Favorite character from it: cant choose :3

How much of a fan are you exactly: i cry when one of the characters is sad, and am happy when they are

Favorite: Doctor Who

Why is it my favorite? It has interesting stories and great characters, and the action is good too.

Favorite character: David Tennant aka The Tenth Doctor

How big of a fan am I: Fairly big

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite Sci-fi TV-show: Babylon 5

Why is it your favorite: Not only does it have female characters who aren't wind-up dolls with forgettably unoriginal "strong-woman" token personalities but instead have a wide range in apparent age and personality as well as motivations, but also the writing and the story execution has a real coherency and feel to it that I have a hard time finding in any other works. Also, the fact that the show has a specific ending really helps tie the whole narrative together instead of it just dragging on as the network tries to milk it for all it's worth (like Scrubs).

Favorite character from it: Garibaldi

How much of a fan are you exactly: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being only slightly interested and 10 being completely obsessed with it, I would say that I am a 6. I haven't seen the movies (I hear that they aren't good) and I don't collect things from it, but I enjoy the 5 seasons and love the show very much.