Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Game of Thrones Fanclub / Discussion.

The Crimson Cross

You probably shouldn't quote my spoiler. :lol:

(Season 1 Spoilers) 

It was still surprising though, especially that scene where Littlefinger betrays him, and the Goldcloaks begin tearing up his household guard. My heart literally like stopped, I was like WHAT. I quickly paused it, and went back to make sure I was seeing right. 

Well, I guess honour and virtue doesn't really get you very far in a monopoly of mind games and manipulation!  :blink:

Season 2 spoilers episodes 1-5 

Tyrion understood this, that's why he made such a good Hand of the King. 

• Brohoof 1

Season 2 spoilers episodes 1-5 

Tyron understood this, that's why he made such a good Hand of the King. 

Yes, that's why I think he won't get killed.

There's something else I absolutely love from the show, it's the opening:

I love the castles, the music... :wub:

I wish the MLP:FiM opening was like that.

• Brohoof 2

The Theme Song. Ooooooo. I love it, it has got to be one of the best themes ever, sometimes I sit there and watch all through it.

(Season 1 Spoilers) 

A bit of explicit language, but it's good. Shouldn't really bother with this since you've seen the show. :lol: 

I just realised they said Ned died. When I first watched this parody I hadn't seen the series, lucky I never remembered that part! 

(Season 3 spoilers)

Putting that up reminds me of this too. This one is a lot more explicit. 

• Brohoof 1

Game of Thrones is definitely one of the absolute best modern TV shows. I have not read any of the A Song of Ice and Fire books but am very much caught up on the show. I love the story, characters, lore, and... uh, other things about it. Basically everything. :wacko:

Favorite season so far is probably 3 for me. 4 was great too, I cannot predict where they'll go from there and don't want to spoil myself until then. :)

My favorite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrion, Arya, Daenerys, and Sam. Least favorite characters I don't wanna say since some of them might be kinda spoilery, so I'll just say if they're commonly disliked than I probably don't like them either. :P

Also, every GoT fan should watch this Bad Lip Reading video:

:lol:

• Brohoof 2

the ending of the fourth season couldve been more intense(people told me the books told it better)

still a great season though.

Yeah I agreed. the episode before it was much more intense. Probs my favorite episode so far, so damn badass.

My favorite characters would probably be Tyrion and Bronn

Here's one of my favorite scenes: Season 1 Episode 6

"You don't fight with honor!" :okiedokielokie:

"No... he did."  :comeatus:

Damn that's badass

Edited by Hovershy
  • Brohoof 3

Ugh, I keep forgetting that the spoiler tag isn't an image compactor, and it's actually for spoilers.

I just finished Season 1. I'll be able to watch Season 2 when I get it out of the library in three days. I can't wait to see what percentage of the main characters dies in the next episode.

Probably all of them.

• Brohoof 2

Hey, maybe let's roll with more specific conversation as something came to my mind. Just please, write answers to my question in spoilers to prevent the ones who did not watch entire show from having their fun killed.

So... which dead character You miss most in the series? Why? I am pretty sure we all had characters we really loved and then had to watch dying so I am very curious about it :squee: 

As for me....

Robb Stark. His death was a sad one and seeing what was done with his body really made me disgusted. He was a true threat to Lannisters and a considerable leader, besides I liked Starks overall. Seeing them dying one by one is really sad :(

• Brohoof 2

I'm just gonna share my unnatural love for Joffrey... :P

His actor, Jack Gleeson, is so good that I cringed whenever he came on screen and I feel like he needs more love for his ability to make me hate a fictional character so much!!

• Brohoof 4

I'm just gonna share my unnatural love for Joffrey... :P

His actor, Jack Gleeson, is so good that I cringed whenever he came on screen and I feel like he needs more love for his ability to make me hate a fictional character so much!!

I have to agree with You. Jack Gleeson is undoubtly amazing actor. He is intelligent, down to earth and great guy in real life and managed to play Joffrey so good that there is no single person that loves him. He nailed it, it is one of few bad characters that don't have fans, but have large armies of people wanting to see him dying in most painful way possible. Huge respect to Jack. 

• Brohoof 2

So... which dead character You miss most in the series? Why? I am pretty sure we all had characters we really loved and then had to watch dying so I am very curious about it.

Researching the name's of all the character's I felt for when they died, I am realising this list is longer than I thought as I'm reminded of them all. You may need to Google some of these names to remind you of who they are. I know I would. 

SPOILERS FROM ALL SEASONS. BEWARE OF THESE SPOILER TAGS, FOR THEY ARE THE POTENTIAL LANDMINES. 

Minor Characters Sad Deaths

Safety measure.

- Micah, the butcher's boy. 

- Luwin

- Jory Cassel

- Rodrik Cassel

- Mordane

- Jeor Mormont

- Grenn 

- Pypar

- Yoren

There's probably more but I'll leave it there. Now...

Main Characters Sad Deaths.

Safety measure. 

- Ned Stark

- Robb Stark

- Talisa Stark

- Tywin Lannister

- The Hound

- Oberyn Martell "The Viper"

• Brohoof 2

I did. My heart nearly gave out, of either of them that was the worst one to not work. I don't think I could be responsible for destroying four seasons of Game of Thrones for so many people. The horror. 

On the other hand it is well known that second after new episode of Game of Thrones is aired internet is full of spoilers xD You have no idea how often it happened to me. Worst one was when

BIG SPOILER BELOW

I saw picture of Joffrey's last moments of life

• Brohoof 1

So... which dead character You miss most in the series? Why?

x.jpg

:'(

Most down to earth character ;-;

As soon as he started getting really arrogant in the duel, I knew something bad was gonna happen so I started yelling at my screen

My cries couldn't save him :'(

(Oberyn Martell)

• Brohoof 3

The internet is full of spoilers, unfortunately I too was exposed to my share of spoilers. I still have some that haven't come to pass yet. But I won't mention those here. 

I got the Princess Joffery    woopsies.. Let me start again.

• I was shown an image of Prince Joffery's death.
  • I heard of a massacre of some sort at a wedding, therefore I was tensely watching Tyrion's wedding expecting some massacre which never came to pass. 
  • I also was told that Stannis was going to save the Wall. 
  • I also learnt that Jon Snow's girl friend was..

Oberyn Martell

I had a folder called Game of Thrones memes, or something I'm sure of it. I have no idea where it's gone now. It must've been killed off. I found the image I was looking for on the internet anyway. :squee:

tumblr_n6tbjnWbUp1tspy1ho1_1280.jpg

• Brohoof 1

OMG no I keep seeing threads I've made and it makes me depresssssssed D:

Anyways, as many people know (and you would by checking my name history and my now deleted multiple blog posts about my GoT obsession), my favourite characters are fairly...unconventional.

My number one is my second waifu-in-command, Stannis Baratheon. I LOVE Stannis. I have a tendency to gravitate towards very hard characters with strict moral codes (though Ned isn't one of those characters) and Stannis getting a lot of time in the show only grew him as a character in the books for me as well. I'm still waiting for the day that Stannis steals Dany's dragons, flies in, and wrecks everybody's shit up in dis grill yoooo. ALL HAIL THE TRUE KING, STANNIS-CHAN!

My number two is either The Hound or Melisandre. Probably the latter, though. I think she's a great foil to Stannis' more blunt actions with her mysterious ones. I also love that she knows much more than she lets on, and I was really happy when she got a chapter of her own. ^^

My third would be Cersei. I feel awful for Cersei, she deals with so much crap from her family. :( I think that she's stupid (LOL) but she tries her best to do what she can for her children, and she genuinely loves them.

Cersei would be tied with Davos and Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger.

Other characters on this list:

Joffrey (I thought he was actually a very sad character)

Jaime

Tywin (I wish he had more time in both the books and show, you don't see much of him)

Viserys (show only, not books)

Varys (I liked the banter between him and Littlefinger in the show a lot)

Characters I don't like much:

Tyrion (I don't hate him either, I'm more neutral, but there's just something about him that bothers me)

Renly

Caitlyn

Sansa

Oberyn (coughsNOONECARESABOUTYOURPASTSTOPTALKINGABOUTITALLTHEGODDAMNTIMEPLEASEcoughs*

BRAN OMG I DREAD HIS CHAPTERS LIKE THE PLAGUE

My favourite book, for the record, was the second, A Clash of Kings. ^^ My least favourite was probably A Dance with Dragons, I actually really enjoyed A Feast for Crows. Got a lot of chapters we wouldn't normally have.

Also, here, for you: an amazing video.

And I've read the books, which are far better than the telly series, so I always know what's gonna happen~~

The dead characters I miss most are (spoiler from pretty much S4 exclusively LOL):

Tywin

Ygritte (surprised no one has said her, I really liked Ygritte)

The Hound (is he dead is he not dead I HAVE NO IDEA. The books never say over the course of two more, either.)

Robert (I really wanted to see Stannis ☑ rekt ☐ not rekt him)

Stannis Baratheon; so hardcore.  ^_^

Just saw this post and minus the GIANT SPOILER OMG YES SOMEONE ELSE ACTUALLY LIKES STANNIS THAT MAKES ME SOOO HAPPY

I went to the GoT Exhibition in Toronto and they were like "don't touch shit" but I stroked his clothes. I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON MUAHAHAHAHHAHAA

I haven't washed my hands since

For a disabled character, they seem to make Tyrion really likeable.  :D

Wait, disabled people are difficult to like? :wat::confused:

Edited by Shizune
  • Brohoof 1