Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How is the quality of your writing?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Well I'm a very talented writer but my talent lies not in creativity but rather my ability to express my thoughts and opinions. I could probably write a good story if I wanted to, I know what makes a good story, unfortunately I lack creativity, I really wouldn't know where to start, or even what to write about.

I would love to proofread your stories and give you feedback, send me a PM sometime.

I guess that my writing is alright though I do realize that I have much to work on in terms of RP writing and story writing in general, I tend to have a lot of run on sentences and sometimes I feel that I could or rather should explain how a character is feeling better. Also when it comes to describing objects, or expressions I am severely lacking as well.

I've been told that I'm a good writer, but I don't have a very high opinion of my own skill. I have a lot to improve on, and sometimes get discouraged when I see how amazingly well others write. It's that fear that often gets in the way of me practicing more, and I know it's something I have to let go of in order to grow. 

My writing depends on my mood,  or if Im in the "zone" given

in how my mind is and my mood.  Detail is my strong point if anything

but I have weak points when it comes to the talking and all.

I'm good at it but I become a nervous wreck when I think someone will dislike it. But most things I've written for school have been featured because they were so well-written. 'm in the process of writing a big story now. I want to initially start it in English and then do the Russian and German afterwards. Then I'll get some people to translate what I don't know. I feel it's easier to write the story in English because of the grammatical rules anyways.. one of the few times I prefer English to another language.

I'm apparently decent enough at academic writing, though I hate doing it.  I much prefer creative writing, but I'm not really sure how good I think I am at it.  Some of my stories I feel aren't half bad, while some of my earlier stuff are abominations that should never have seen the light of day.  Also, I can't write drama to save my life.  Whenever I try, I end up just sounding stupid and self-important...  My specialty is writing humorous stories, and most people who have read my stuff say that I'm at least pretty decent at that.

Handwriting wise, well, it looks like some bizarre combination of Japanese, backwards writing, and random chicken scratch.

Quality wise, it's pretty abysmal. I couldn't write my way out of a cardboard box.

I think my writing is pretty good. The problem is I'm such a perfectionist I hardly get any done :P

I still struggle with this, but I've been making headway by keeping multiple projects going at once. That way I can shift gears onto a new project that I just plain enjoy working on every time I start to focus too narrowly on the end result of one.

Revision is for after the writing, anyway!

I am horrid when it comes to punctuation... I need to sit down some time and review over that stuff and refine it. Perhaps I will take some time to go over some of the basics again. I want to improve upon my grammar and punctuation but my quality of writing could be a lot better than it currently is.

I don't know about the quality of my fiction and any other creative writing.  I perform quite well in English as a subject and have caught the attention of my lecturer.

I don't want to judge my own stories because I usually don't like them after I write them. My stories are never quite up to par for me, but I have published short stories in literary magazines and nabbed honorable mention in some prizes. I'm trying to get into creative writing MFA programs (graduate school) so I can continue writing, which is my goal. So clearly some people think my stories are pretty good, or they wouldn't publish/award them, but I'm never satisfied.  :squee:

I've been writing and roleplaying for years, but my writing is still subpar at best. I definitely still need major improvements. However, my writing is nothing to be ashamed of. So I'll give myself a 6.5/10.

I believe I'm a fairly accomplished writer. There are definitely areas in which I need improvement, such as cohesiveness and flow of ideas. I'd also like to develop my use of figurative language to a far greater extent than it is now. Characterisation and emotiveness are my strongest points. Nobody ever stops learning though; you will never know it all. That's the beauty of all art forms.

Given the above, it's probably apparent I'm better at creative writing than essay writing. Though I managed rather high scores on my last major assignments, and I'm not completely sure how I did it.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

Since English isn't my first language, it's.. okay - to good I think, I still need to check on a few words, like what they mean and so on, my handwriting is terrible, I could be a doctor because no one could read it x3

• Brohoof 1