Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You are the author of your own work. Should you ... ?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Should you let your fans influence your works?  

28 users have voted

1. 1. Should you let your fans influence your works?

• Fanons can be great for forming a story: after all, I don't want much pressure!
    • I'm going to do things MY own way.

I'd do it my own way. If I see a good idea from a fan I might incorporate it and credit them but otherwise what I see fit is what goes. Either way your fans should be ones that like the work you're putting out so if a few are easily angered by things you put in then they weren't really a good fan to have. Heck no matter what you write it will always please others or make them unpleased even if what you made was created by a fan.

Your the author. Your opinion matters most.

I think ultimately, people that want to write should at least listen to what readers have to say. It's good practice because if they want to get published, they will see that publishers can indeed demand that they alter their work and the writer has no choice. It's how the mass produced business works and it's why I want to self publish any stories in the future that I want printed.

Nobody should tell an artist what to do. However, I think its fine to let yourself be influenced by the audience's perspective from time to time. Sometimes they have good ideas.