Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are *some* bronies so feverish in converting and spamming?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

No, it's the show they are indifferent about. It's the spamming that they hate.

But it's not spamming. It is simply commenting "Needs more ponies" on the comments section for the company that makes the show.

• Brohoof 1

Fans try to convert friends and strangers to MLP, because they are trying to make others see what's so awesome about it, or want someone to share the experience with. I think the Hub shouldn't focus so much on MLP, because it's turning it's attention away from other shows in need of recognition...such as Strawberry Shortcake, Tinkerbell, or Littlest Pet Shop. I know it's popular and still trending strongly, but it doesn't mean they should rule other shows out most of the time. It's been nothing but pony marathons on there for a while now.  :huh: 

No, it's the show they are indifferent about. It's the spamming that they hate.

If they don't care about it, then it shouldn't bother them should it.

its both spamming and the idea we like the show I mean they dont understand why adults especially male adults like the show but its a hell of a lot worse when fans shove it down there throats well the minority of extreme fans. We will get along better if we dont shout about it so much but we can be open about it. Not trying to argue just giving my opinion on the matter and thats it just try to respect each others opinions.

• Brohoof 1

It's complicated but part of it is due to the whole divide between brony and haters, the truth is most people aren't on one side or the other. For instance I watch the show, just watched the Season 4 finale last night actually but I don't consider myself more than a casual fan. Likewise most people who know of the show but don't watch it might have prejudices but you won't find them shitposting in comments sections.

However like all things for those truly involved a side must be picked and by that logic you want to convert as many to yours as possible to reduce the number on the opposite side. Every pop culture phenomenon is like this.

Edited by Sweetie Shock
  • Brohoof 1

Because most of the bronies are childish, they are not willing to understand other people's opinions, and cannot admit one single bad thing from their show.

I don't know if you mean immature instead of childish. If by childish you mean childlike, I most certainly unleash my inner child as often as the situations allows. I digress though. I think I understand your meaning to be a pejorative - so I'll go from there. I can tell you that I disagree with your assessment on general principle, but even taking an inventory of those that I know to be Bronies, most are not 'immature or childish'. Goofy, yes. Immature, no. 

Imagine People Complexly. :D

• Brohoof 1

It's complicated but part of it is due to the whole divide between brony and haters, the truth is most people aren't on one side or the other. For instance I watch the show, just watched the Season 4 finale last night actually but I don't consider myself more than a casual fan. Likewise most people who know of the show but don't watch it might have prejudices but you won't find them shitposting in comments sections.

However like all things for those truly involved a side must be picked and by that logic you want to convert as many to yours as possible to reduce the number on the opposite side. Every pop culture phenomenon is like this.

I agree all things are like this but its not a good thing as doing things this way we are sure to pick the wrong side and who gets hurt anyway in it? Everybody involved as fighting each other in the first place is such a stupid thing why not make acceptions and just get along and maybe given the time our fanbase will reach more people in a good way. Conversion is a form of forcing somebody into something. Jahovas witnesses if you will. Edited by chaos rains

If a topic is about fallout 3, then is talkng about new vegas considered spam?

I said non-MLP posts. Sorry if I misunderstood, but saying "Needs more ponies" only makes sense if there already isn't an abundance of equines. And it isn't about merely "talking about MLP", the problem is that it's not saying anything relevant with it.

I don't know if you mean immature instead of childish. If by childish you mean childlike, I most certainly unleash my inner child as often as the situations allows. I digress though. I think I understand your meaning to be a pejorative - so I'll go from there. I can tell you that I disagree with your assessment on general principle, but even taking an inventory of those that I know to be Bronies, most are not 'immature or childish'. Goofy, yes. Immature, no. 

No, it has nothing do to with the "inner child" we all have. As I said, MOST of the bronies are childish, either they are teenagers trolling or literally kids who don't know how to either say or respect an opinion.

You for example, are not childish, you gave me a clear response, without insults or bad language or bad writing, and yes, you have to admit a good part of the MLP fandom is like that.

You hit the nail on calling me pejorative, however, I do like to criticise pretty much everything, but, not with disrespect. 

Immature, maybe also. There are many kinds of bronies out there.

No, it has nothing do to with the "inner child" we all have. As I said, MOST of the bronies are childish, either they are teenagers trolling or literally kids who don't know how to either say or respect an opinion.

You for example, are not childish, you gave me a clear response, without insults or bad language or bad writing, and yes, you have to admit a good part of the MLP fandom is like that.

You hit the nail on calling me pejorative, however, I do like to criticise pretty much everything, but, not with disrespect. 

Immature, maybe also. There are many kinds of bronies out there.

You are a curious person Darker, and I mean that with no disrespect. I personally feel that I am a middling member of this little niche of the fandom called MLPF. There are forum members that are better educated and express themselves more successfully than I do - I would wager far more than don't or can't. So, you can see why I may be hesitant to accept loose quantifiers like 'most' as an absolute. Then again, our opinions are shaped, at least in part, by our experiences. Perhaps yours were more negative than mine.

Like I said, you interest me. I look forward to running into you 'round this little nook of the internet.

• Brohoof 2

You are a curious person Darker, and I mean that with no disrespect. I personally feel that I am a middling member of this little niche of the fandom called MLPF. There are forum members that are better educated and express themselves more successfully than I do - I would wager far more than don't or can't. So, you can see why I may be hesitant to accept loose quantifiers like 'most' as an absolute. Then again, our opinions are shaped, at least in part, by our experiences. Perhaps yours were more negative than mine.

Like I said, you interest me. I look forward to running into you 'round this little nook of the internet.

I'm here for many reasons.

I'm here to share opinions, I will gave them if I must,

I'm here to know more about this famous phenomena so mysterious.

And just like I thought, it's very mysterious...

Well, until next time.

• Brohoof 1

I'm here for many reasons.

I'm here to share opinions, I will gave them if I must,

I'm here to know more about this famous phenomena so mysterious.

And just like I thought, it's very mysterious...

Well, until next time.

I dont understand why you said most have you met most? Have you met any of us? Its a very good idea to really understand the majority before saying most as it sounds like you are missing a lot of the more mature fans and just assuming we are comprised of kids and tens here to cause trouble. Im just going by how I myself am reading so I apologise but you need to understand the whole before you say most and I say this with no intention of getting on at you but more I just dont understand where you are coming from.

• Brohoof 1

I dont understand why you said most have you met most? Have you met any of us? Its a very good idea to really understand the majority before saying most as it sounds like you are missing a lot of the more mature fans and just assuming we are comprised of kids and tens here to cause trouble. Im just going by how I myself am reading so I apologise but you need to understand the whole before you say most and I say this with no intention of getting on at you but more I just dont understand where you are coming from.

A big majority of this fandom is what makes other people not understand you, not-childish-and-more-polite bronies for the several actions I mentioned. Those are the bad examples people use for bronies, and those are incorrect, because most of it is, or at least, was, not polite and really childish, or, as Jeric said, immature.

Why are bronies so eager to hate other bronies...
Is a question for another thread. I find that the only people bronies want to convert is trolls. It's what led to the birth of the "welcome to the herd" statement.

• Brohoof 3

Well the mature fans don't usually make a big fuss around themselves like the immature fans so people might not notice them so easily and because they only see the immature ones they may assume that there isn't as many mature fan as there are immature ones.

• Brohoof 1

It's stupid. I saw a lot of comments like "need more ponies" or "ponies rule the world" on the YouTube, under the videos, which have nothing in common with ponies. It's annoying and childish, because thus many people see every brony as a childlish, annoying person. I don't understand people for whom ponies are everything, which is important in life.

• Brohoof 1

Well the mature fans don't usually make a big fuss around themselves like the immature fans so people might not notice them so easily and because they only see the immature ones they may assume that there isn't as many mature fan as there are immature ones.

I havent came across any more than atleast 3 so far but the rest have been quite welcoming and understanding a bid odd at times but nothing bad however on the youtube channel ive seen many argue with anti bronies because theybcall them and myself also pedos autistics gays fags and so on so they are just defending themselves which I dont disagree with. I hate people calling me a child abuser over a cartoon its justbmy temper isnt so easily flared these days. Infact im here to get away from yt because of that and on a whole yts safety policy is based on I didnt see a thing crap. I still use it to view and sometimes comment but I dont stay anymore. Some bronies may be dumb and take things yo far but that isnt most thats a few like the ones who give us a bad name via the dark side of the net with clop pics that also gets us a lot of hate. Private should be private is private and thats all im saying. Oh and we arent the only fandom who has this its just we seem to get more air time because of it. Look at the infamous fox news for example and thats another reason for the hate.

A big majority of this fandom is what makes other people not understand you, not-childish-and-more-polite bronies for the several actions I mentioned. Those are the bad examples people use for bronies, and those are incorrect, because most of it is, or at least, was, not polite and really childish, or, as Jeric said, immature.

there may be a lot but remember there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands around the world and for those who are this stupid most of us dont acquaint ourselves as we are trying not to get a bad name. Conversion is a religious nuts job so yeah that some bronies do this is pretty pathetic however name a fanbase who hasnt had this or any other morons trying to sell the decent fans like us down the river styx. Its not the majority but maybe you have seen a lot but myself ive seen about 3 and the rest have been amazing to speak to. Most of us here are just enjoying the shared interest and conversations and even meeting amazing people no doubt your a real decent person yourself its just youve seen the bad side more often but trust me most of us arent trying to make enemies or convert people we are just trying to be understood and hope for the day when we wont be subject to being called scum for not liking what everybody else likes. I dont hate extreme bronies but yeah they do need to f... up with the stupid we want you in our ranks crap.

What makes you say that? In my own experience, most of the bronies I've met online on this forum and offline have been pretty chill and seemingly educated. I haven't seen much evidence to contradict that viewpoint. Though I know every fandom has it's trolls, branding most bronies as childish or uneducated seems like an unfounded generalization. I won't accept that the fandom is primarily made up of literal children and teenagers either, without statistics.

I don't really count YouTube or Facebook comments, when thinking about this. Trying to get an actual conversation there about any topic is an exercise in futility.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe some Bronies treat the fandom like it's a religion?

so does every other fandom like star trek and star wars infact some actually think they can practice using the force as a religion its never been unheard of in any fandom its just one of those things that just happpens.

One of my Times around bronies was very terrible. They do this thing when they yell out something stupid like, "Bronies assemble!!!!" or even make themself say "everypony"

Its like they don't even try to act normal. Which is some of the reasons why bronies are immature and ars unwise to speak to.

I also know that I like the show but don't call myself that name. It's called being a fan.

so does every other fandom like star trek and star wars infact some actually think they can practice using the force as a religion its never been unheard of in any fandom its just one of those things that just happpens.

Well there is Jediism. XD

I'm not sure honestly though. Probably way too many people who take ponies way too seriously..