Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are *some* bronies so feverish in converting and spamming?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

One of my Times around bronies was very terrible. They do this thing when they yell out something stupid like, "Bronies assemble!!!!" or even make themself say "everypony"

Its like they don't even try to act normal. Which is some of the reasons why bronies are immature and ars unwise to speak to.

I also know that I like the show but don't call myself that name. It's called being a fan.

they? As in all most or some? Im not trying to argue but ya said one time and some doesnt mean most or all. A few bad apples dont ruin the bunch. I am a brony and am open about it but im not forcing it and I dont care to share it with all or shout it out loud like a moron well if it was a dare from a friend I would for a laugh but it wouldnt be for that purpose of forcing it. I might even wear a dress for a dare but im not forcing folks to be one. Yes tone it down but then again why hide. Then its like we are doing something wrong so ill ask is liking a cartoon and showing our admiration for lauren faust and her creation such a bad thing?

Well there is Jediism. XD

I'm not sure honestly though. Probably way too many people who take ponies way too seriously..

there is but not a majority maybe 20% is my guess but those ive spoken to have been talking about other stuff and some I spoke to mentioned the show as if to say meh who cares kinda thing which is funny for a brony. I am one but I just feel like everybody is lumping just about everybody into stupid categories without knowing all the facts and figures. I aint trying to fight or start some flame war I just dont understand.

A big majority of this fandom is what makes other people not understand you, not-childish-and-more-polite bronies for the several actions I mentioned. Those are the bad examples people use for bronies, and those are incorrect, because most of it is, or at least, was, not polite and really childish, or, as Jeric said, immature.

you say me like you arent a brony so ill take it you arent but I will ask this and mean no offence but why join a broney site if you arent wouldnt it be better for you to be on a site for something you like I could be wrong or maybe you love the cartoon but you seem to hate bronies so much when you say a majority I mean nobody knows exactly how many bronies there are.

Maybe they're trying to "spread the word"? The intention is good, but the execution is horribly flawed.

I really can't comprehend why some people spam pony-related things where it isn't appropriate. Heck, even the haters do it sometimes!

• Brohoof 2

you say me like you arent a brony so ill take it you arent but I will ask this and mean no offence but why join a broney site if you arent wouldnt it be better for you to be on a site for something you like I could be wrong or maybe you love the cartoon but you seem to hate bronies so much when you say a majority I mean nobody knows exactly how many bronies there are.

it's very nihilistic going to a brony site if you're annoyed with most bronies, since the beauty of not being on a brony forum is lessening your exposure to them.

I'm rying pretty hard to do the "ain't got nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing" routine, but one can only dance around confrontation for so long.

• Brohoof 1

it's very nihilistic going to a brony site if you're annoyed with most bronies, since the beauty of not being on a brony forum is lessening your exposure to them.

I'm rying pretty hard to do the "ain't got nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing" routine, but one can only dance around confrontation for so long.

I know I mean jeez this thread is going on about a few who try to convert and all of a sudden it turns into a row about bronies being childish and how MOST btonies are supposedly quite stupid and force it on others have I done that to you? And last I checked this is a brony forum so dont just insult one brony insult the majority. I know they dont mean that but cmon a few dont make a whole. Its like walking into a startrek convention dressed as spock and shouting by the way you all look stupid dressed like that. If you dont like a fandom you dont join it you ignore it and let those who do like it to get on with it and if somebody is annoying say something or ignore it.

• Brohoof 1

I have never met a fandom more obsessed with each other's behaviors as I have the brony fandom.

I love the fandom...I love their quirks, I love the art, I love the general content, as well as the feeling of community most bronies share just by liking a singular show. I may have some things I dislike (analyzers and the odd overly-quirky person, mostly), though I digress.

But everyone is so god damn concerned with what people act like, with what people say, with what people freaking fap to...

What kind of community is that?

The closest I've ever been to being disgusted at fandom behaviors is seeing the routine sh*t-talking some bronies say about the others because they do things they personally don't approve of. It makes me physically uncomfortable seeing how utterly shallow these people can be when they discard the entire fandom over some ridiculously petty reason. I'd like to believe there isn't people like that out there.

Guess I'm continually proven wrong, eh?

So maybe you're one of the countless people here who don't consider yourselves "bronies" because of some wayward behavior the fandom has displayed, no matter how causitory or situational. That's cool. More power to you. But there's certain steps you can take to remedy that, and none of those involve getting on your soap box and preaching to whoever will listen about the bad side of the fandom.

I suggest you take them.

• Brohoof 2

I have never met a fandom more obsessed with each other's behaviors as I have the brony fandom.

I love the fandom...I love their quirks, I love the art, I love the general content, as well as the feeling of community most bronies share just by liking a singular show. I may have some things I dislike (analyzers and the odd overly-quirky person, mostly), though I digress.

But everyone is so god damn concerned with what people act like, with what people say, with what people freaking fap to...

What kind of community is that?

The closest I've ever been to being disgusted at fandom behaviors is seeing the routine sh*t-talking some bronies say about the others because they do things they personally don't approve of. It makes me physically uncomfortable seeing how utterly shallow these people can be when they discard the entire fandom over some ridiculously petty reason. I'd like to believe there isn't people like that out there.

Guess I'm continually proven wrong, eh?

So maybe you're one of the countless people here who don't consider yourselves "bronies" because of some wayward behavior the fandom has displayed, no matter how causitory or situational. That's cool. More power to you. But there's certain steps you can take to remedy that, and none of those involve getting on your soap box and preaching to whoever will listen about the bad side of the fandom.

I suggest you take them.

I agree but we need to try not to start a flame war and everybody needs to kool down as the mods dont need to clean up after us. Lets try to atleast be more respecful as this is a brony forum and most of us are actually bronies. Oh and datte the post was for everybody who reads incase ya think I just meant you we all need to calm down with this bud.

Edited by chaos rains

When someone likes a form of entrainment enough then some people want to show the whole world how great it is, even if said person has no interest whats so ever in being a part of it.

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 1

When someone likes a form of entrainment enough then some people want to show the whole world how great it is, even if said person has no interest whats so ever in being a part of it.

so its basically natural. Besides even just by discussing it now are we not basically promoting it? Why hide what we like if its not of any harm to anybody. There is a limit however ofcourse as is with all things.

• Brohoof 1

Every fandom has its dark side or "Fan Dumb" as TvTropes calls it. In this case, Fans of a show hating people for legitimately and personally not enjoying for the latter's own reason.

It feels to me like this:

Misguided Fan: "Our show is the greatest and anyone who think otherwise is dumb!"

True fan: "If other don't like our show, that's fine. Let them enjoy what THEY find enjoyable."

• Brohoof 1

there may be a lot but remember there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands around the world and for those who are this stupid most of us dont acquaint ourselves as we are trying not to get a bad name. Conversion is a religious nuts job so yeah that some bronies do this is pretty pathetic however name a fanbase who hasnt had this or any other morons trying to sell the decent fans like us down the river styx. Its not the majority but maybe you have seen a lot but myself ive seen about 3 and the rest have been amazing to speak to. Most of us here are just enjoying the shared interest and conversations and even meeting amazing people no doubt your a real decent person yourself its just youve seen the bad side more often but trust me most of us arent trying to make enemies or convert people we are just trying to be understood and hope for the day when we wont be subject to being called scum for not liking what everybody else likes. I dont hate extreme bronies but yeah they do need to f... up with the stupid we want you in our ranks crap.

Sorry for the late post.

-"This stupid..." Me? Opinions, my friend. I had an opinion, and I was not showing my intelligence with it.

-Most of you did, back in 2010 and 2011. I was there, and I got between the MLP spam. In almost very site I enter there was a massive number of bronies, and even though they spam, is not as much and it's harmless, at least for me, other people get annoyed. Not everyone likes ponies or bronies.

-Actually there are a lot of good fanbases, only that the worst of them get a bad name and the fame, the Sonic fandom, the Star Wars fandom, the DBZ fandom, the Godzilla fandom, no different from MLP, only that Bronies appeared on the golden era of Youtube and the Internet.

-Indeed, a really bad side.

-And I know that.

-One is only scum when he feels he is. Not because other people call you that. Opinions don't change emotions.

I'm now learning more about the brony community since I've been here for only two days, and so far, so good. However in this site only good, polite educated members are accepted, quite fitting for the "Love and tolerate" theme.

What makes you say that? In my own experience, most of the bronies I've met online on this forum and offline have been pretty chill and seemingly educated. I haven't seen much evidence to contradict that viewpoint. Though I know every fandom has it's trolls, branding most bronies as childish or uneducated seems like an unfounded generalization. I won't accept that the fandom is primarily made up of literal children and teenagers either, without statistics.

I don't really count YouTube or Facebook comments, when thinking about this. Trying to get an actual conversation there about any topic is an exercise in futility.

There are lots of kids and teenagers bronies on the Internet. Though I obviously don't know an exact number of how many there are, chances are, there are much more on the bad side that in the good side.

These people are the ones that made other people on the Internet gave you the title "the cancer of the Internet", so I'll have to assume that a big portion or the majority is not pretty much all about "friendship with others".

And I don't need to count Youtube or Facebook, Bronies are everywhere.

@Darker

What you need to remember I'd that bronies NOW vs bronies in ye olde 4chan days are two distinct beasts altogether, and its orgasmically unfair to associate everybody with those bad apples of the past.

It's like thinking all modern French people are guillotine-happy revolution nuts because of something that happened 200-something years ago.

There are lots of kids and teenagers bronies on the Internet. Though I obviously don't know an exact number of how many there are, chances are, there are much more on the bad side that in the good side.

These people are the ones that made other people on the Internet gave you the title "the cancer of the Internet", so I'll have to assume that a big portion or the majority is not pretty much all about "friendship with others".

"Chances are", eh?

Chances are that the mole people kidnapped and brainwashed Superman to steal our yellow sun, guy.

Basically, it's unfounded and formed out of your own thoughts and prejudices.

Assuming makes an "a-s-s" out of "u" and "me".

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 4

Sorry for the late post.

-"This stupid..." Me? Opinions, my friend. I had an opinion, and I was not showing my intelligence with it.

-Most of you did, back in 2010 and 2011. I was there, and I got between the MLP spam. In almost very site I enter there was a massive number of bronies, and even though they spam, is not as much and it's harmless, at least for me, other people get annoyed. Not everyone likes ponies or bronies.

-Actually there are a lot of good fanbases, only that the worst of them get a bad name and the fame, the Sonic fandom, the Star Wars fandom, the DBZ fandom, the Godzilla fandom, no different from MLP, only that Bronies appeared on the golden era of Youtube and the Internet.

-Indeed, a really bad side.

-And I know that.

-One is only scum when he feels he is. Not because other people call you that. Opinions don't change emotions.

I'm now learning more about the brony community since I've been here for only two days, and so far, so good. However in this site only good, polite educated members are accepted, quite fitting for the "Love and tolerate" theme.

well in truth there are lots like this but you just need to ignore em but also like I said and others have said theres no harm discussing it ok so some push it on others damn those fools but celebrating a love for something you actually enjoy is not nearly as bad as calling somebody a pedo autistic gay fag and so on and so forth so a lot of the time ya may think people are being pushy like on youtube but that isnt the case they are either trying to defend there name or just enlightening people on who we are and yes we will brag but every human brags about something they love yes pushy is too far and yes the constant stupid pointless posts will be a headache but try to look past that oh and im 25 and love both the show and idea behind it. Look at this from all angles and learn more like you are doing but get rid of the negetivity or thats gunna put a wrench in your cogs and you wont learn much. Keep a wide open mind always. I myself thought the worst of the fandom but after I did major research I decided I was a brony and here I am. If you decide we aint worth your time then I applaud you and thank you for trying but if you can see and understand more of what we are then we welcome you here infact we welcome you here anyway you dont need to be a brony as long as you are not mean to anybody which you havent so far. There is a flaw in the scum comment as what you feel is a reaction not to who you are but how you feel. If you feel like scum it means you are upset about something you did for example you tell a friend hes an ass because he called his gf a slut you did something good trying to make him see what he did was wrong but you also insulted your friend so you feel like scum. You aint your just showing your friend you care about his well being.

@Darker

What you need to remember I'd that bronies NOW vs bronies in ye olde 4chan days are two distinct beasts altogether, and its orgasmically unfair to associate everybody with those bad apples of the past.

It's like thinking all modern French people are guillotine-happy revolution nuts because of something that happened 200-something years ago."Chances are", eh?

Chances are that the mole people kidnapped and brainwashed Superman to steal our yellow sun, guy.

give him time to learn and see how he fares as he said hes only been here 2 days ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by chaos rains

@Darker

It's like thinking all modern French people are guillotine-happy revolution nuts because of something that happened 200-something years ago.

"Chances are", eh?

I know, like I said I was in 4Chan and many other websites when the brony fandom appeared. I can see the changes.

Or when english people came here and killed all the native americans, or when the USA dropped two atomic bombs to two rival yet peaceful cities.

"Chances are that the mole people kidnapped and brainwashed Superman to steal our yellow sun, guy." This made me laugh pretty hard. I'm sure I woke up some of my neighbours, heh.

Yes it is, I can do that any day, but when I say majority you don't have to feel included or feel that need to defend those who are friends to you, I'm not talking about you or them, only about the worst part of the fandom. And there is quite a lot of them.

well in truth there are lots like this but you just need to ignore em but also like I said and others have said theres no harm discussing it ok so some push it on others damn those fools but celebrating a love for something you actually enjoy is not nearly as bad as calling somebody a pedo autistic gay fag and so on and so forth so a lot of the time ya may think people are being pushy like on youtube but that isnt the case they are either trying to defend there name or just enlightening people on who we are and yes we will brag but every human brags about something they love yes pushy is too far and yes the constant stupid pointless posts will be a headache but try to look past that oh and im 25 and love both the show and idea behind it. Look at this from all angles and learn more like you are doing but get rid of the negetivity or thats gunna put a wrench in your cogs and you wont learn much. Keep a wide open mind always. I myself thought the worst of the fandom but after I did major research I decided I was a brony and here I am. If you decide we aint worth your time then I applaud you and thank you for trying but if you can see and understand more of what we are then we welcome you here infact we welcome you here anyway you dont need to be a brony as long as you are not mean to anybody which you havent so far. There is a flaw in the scum comment as what you feel is a reaction not to who you are but how you feel. If you feel like scum it means you are upset about something you did for example you tell a friend hes an ass because he called his gf a slut you did something good trying to make him see what he did was wrong but you also insulted your friend so you feel like scum. You aint your just showing your friend you care about his well being.

give him time to learn and see how he fares as he said hes only been here 2 days ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

-I do, but when bronies are literally everywhere, it's pretty hard, specially because there's always who freaks out with them.

-Huh, only stupid people insult. And you are superior intelectually, so ignore them.

-And you have all the rights to do so.

-I do look past it, and I have no problems with it. I honestly have nothing against this fandom, I have problem with no fandom at all, I'm just pointing out the worst parts about it.

-I'm here to investigate more about the bronies, looking at your opinions, and I can see that the fandom is not exactly as bad as most people say, but I already know that. People exaggerate things.

-Au contraire.

-I never meant to be harsh, if I've been.

For me, there is no scum in this world, only people with minds that either not have strong thinking or with hearts that feel little to nothing. However, in all my life I barely had any friends to assist in, or a girlfriend. You see, friendship annoys me, and I consider a girlfriend to be just a second shadow. I do not need them now, nor I will in the future.

However that is Off-Topic, If you were offended by the fact that I said "most" without thinking of a true number for the immature and childish bronies, then I'm sorry, didn't ment to offend you.

I know, like I said I was in 4Chan and many other websites when the brony fandom appeared. I can see the changes.

Or when english people came here and killed all the native americans, or when the USA dropped two atomic bombs to two rival yet peaceful cities.

"Chances are that the mole people kidnapped and brainwashed Superman to steal our yellow sun, guy." This made me laugh pretty hard. I'm sure I woke up some of my neighbours, heh.

Yes it is, I can do that any day, but when I say majority you don't have to feel included or feel that need to defend those who are friends to you, I'm not talking about you or them, only about the worst part of the fandom. And there is quite a lot of them.

Every brony is a homie, friend.

If I sit idly by while you say this stuff, I might as well be joining you.

By saying "majority", you literally mean "more people than not".

That's a giant a$$ brush your painting with, and I'm not sure if you realize how unfair that is. Or maybe you do, and you're okay with that.

Yeah, this fandom has its f*ck-ups. I know that, everyone does.

But...yknow...no joke, this group of said f*ck-ups literally saved my life.

Go ahead. Scoff. Laugh. Say "lol ponyf*g is exaggerating the role of MLP in his life".

But it happened. It was a very dark time in my life, and ponies and the fandom made it better

So petty bullsh*t like "they try to convert everyone" and "they're all childish man-children" is...well, petty, and is directly insulting me, any and all friends I've made in my stay in the fandom, and everything candy-colored that has ever helped me through dark times.

Basically...yes. I do have to defend it, and In general, I won't stand idly by while sh*t like this happens.

/I'm a casual cusser, don't feel like I'm cussing at you

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 3

If I sit idly by while you say this stuff, I might as well be joining you in mass insult.

That's a giant a$$ brush your painting with, and I'm not sure if you realize how unfair that is. Or maybe you do, and you're okay with that.

Go ahead. Scoff. Laugh. Say "lol ponyf*g is exaggerating the role of MLP in his life".

But it happened. It was a very dark time in my life, and ponies and the fandom made it better

So petty bullsh*t like "they try to convert everyone" and "they're all childish man-children" is...well, petty, and is directly insulting me, any and all friends I've made in my stay in the fandom, and everything candy-colored that has ever helped me through dark times.

Basically...yes. I do have to defend it, and In general, I won't stand idly by while sh*t like this happens.

Well, well...

If this new MLP has literally changed your life, then I can say I'm sorry for my not-so good opinion. My opinions may be harsh and sometimes I can be a jerk. Sometimes.

"But...yknow...no joke, this group of said f*ck-ups literally saved my life.

Go ahead. Scoff. Laugh. Say "lol ponyf*g is exaggerating the role of MLP in his life"."

Huh. I barely laugh at anything. I barely insult and I have no need to do so right now. I've been a fan of MLP since the 80s, I respect the franchise and just like with every franchise, I will respect the fans.

I gave an opinion that was maybe a bit offensive. so I'm truly sorry for it.

"So petty bullsh*t like "they try to convert everyone" and "they're all childish man-children" is...well, petty, and is directly insulting me."

No, because you're not the kind of brony I was talking about.

I think because it's been such a good thing to them that they see showing others the show is a moral imperative, as it will lead to a similar revelation of self.

I myself share the sentiment, if not the method.

• Brohoof 2

If I sit idly by while you say this stuff, I might as well be joining you.

while I agree theres no point gettin into a rage about it he apologised about what was said and doesnt fully understand the fandom. Lets leave it there and try to make a brighter conversation forget about the insults as they mean nothing and should have no affect on us as they describe nobody in the fandom well that I know of. He doesnt understand so give him examples of things that gives the fandom a good name like videos music and well our debates and how well we get on. Ya know most bronies are here because we found something in mlp.