Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv SFM Animation

HunterTR

Source Film Maker is an interesting new medium that's come to the internet, I love that Valve has also made it free as of it's public Beta ^_^

I like some of the old GMOD styles like the GMod Idiot Box series by Dasboshitt, but SFM has given us a higher quality of animation and control.

Edited by ScribbleSquabble

It is easier to do smaller stuffs like facial movements and more accurate body movements, but compared to good o'l fashioned gmod animations it is alot more labour intensive, and lacks alot of the choppy movements and slapstic effects that gmod bases alot of it's humor on. I've also heard that SFM is alot more difficult to control multiple puppets in compared to gmod animations, but it does allow for alot more accurate and precise movements.

• 3 weeks later...

Here I am, silently hoping that someone recreates the Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences series in SFM.

When Valve starts putting Half-Life 2 maps into SFM, I would love to do this.

I for one love Source Filmmaker. It's such a fantastic tool, I find it way easier to work in SFM than G-Mod. :wub:

Yes, it's difficult to get the cartoon-y feel that everyone has come to love from Garry's Mod and it's almost impossible apply the "Squash and Stretch" element of animation, but it's great for very realistic content and applying anticipation to character's movement works very slick. :yay:

I should try my hand in G-Mod a little more...