Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Am I the only Android hater here?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

Android hate poll  

33 users have voted

1. 1. Is it right to hate Android?

• Yes, show them that Android is trash of the mobile industry.
    • It's you man, everybody has a choice. People are just d**king around of which is the better phone.
    • No, you are b*tch if you hate android. You dare deny our unquestionable power?
    • Wut
  2. 2. Are you an Android hater?

• Yes, iOS is always the right choice and not the st**id c**pdroid
    • I accept whatever phone I can buy or If someone gave me. As long as it is a phone, I am good.
    • No, Android is the superior choice against iS**t . Why would you take side on a garbage rather than a throne?
    • Uhhhh.......:L

Am I pretty much of a hater of android? I mean, why are there so few android haters out there like me? I am pretty annoyed why people think the iOS suck. I love iOS. And I tried Android and it was a piece of garbage. I don't want to be alone here. I hate it when people go hating the iOS. It is even born 2 years before Android did. Am I the only Anti-Android here? :( Android sucks

badandroid.jpg

Edited by ~Rule 63~ Lyeco
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure I agree on the vulgarity of the anti ioS responses, however I chose them as they are on my side of the fence. I do not like the iOS as opposed to the Android, and have been using a Samsung Galaxy III. 

• Brohoof 2

Am I pretty much of a hater of android? I am mean, why are there so few android haters out there like me? I pretty annoyed why people think the iOS suck. I love iOS. And I tried Android and it was a piece of garbage. I don't want to be alone here. I hate it when people go hating the iOS. It is even born 2 years before Android did. Am I the only Anti-Android here? :(Android sucks.

You don't like when people hate on IOS and your hating on Android?

Anyways, I prefer Android over IOS. I prefer android mostly because I believe it has more customization options compared to Apple.

Edited by Cadance
  • Brohoof 7

I've used both Android and iOS.

Honestly, which one is better is entirely subjective. The usability of any Android OS depends of the version you're looking at along with the quality of the hardware it's running on. KitKat runs superbly on the likes of a Galaxy S5, for example. I enjoy the larger screen formats of many Android based phones, and I love the customisable home screens and widgets. Aaaaaaah, the widgets. I'll miss the widgets...

...because ultimately, I've tried the Android platform, I've enjoyed the experience, but I'm heading back to iOS with the launch of the next iPhone. Android is a nice platform, but it's too segmented for my tastes. Plus, one dodgy update from your hardware company can turn what WAS a perfectly good phone into a glitchy brick, which is pretty much what's happening to my Galaxy Note II. I enjoy iOS's smooth and unified user interface, it's workflow, the quality and stability of most apps, and of course, Siri. I miss Siri, and I'll be glad to have her back again.

Added to that, I'm a Mac user, so the iPhone communicates flawlessly with my computer. The Android phone doesn't do that so well.

In short, they're both pretty good if you're running them on decent hardware, but I prefer iOS because it suits my needs better.

• Brohoof 2

I can install whatever I like on Android, but I can only install what Apple wants me to on iOS.

Yes, I'm aware of jailbreaking, but I'm not counting the ability to violate the device as a pro for iOS in the same way that I'm not counting rooting on the Android as a pro.

Not trying to start a debate, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Edited by MilesTheLunar
  • Brohoof 2

Don't really see what the issue is here. If you don't like it, don't use it. Stick to iOS and spend your time on other endeavors.

Personally, I use an Android phone and an iPad. Don't see the need to limit myself to one or the other. If the 5.5" iPhone sees the light of day, I might make the switch.

Yes, the 4" is too small.

• Brohoof 2

I use Android and always have, but I don't really care about either/or. Not too big on Apple, though, I find their products to be complicated and inaccessible. I'm no hater of Apple, but I do prefer Android to iOS.

To be honest, though, I'm just grateful I have such a nice phone.

• Brohoof 1

I'n my opinion iOS is a bit limited to me while android isn't but all in all iOS is just...lacking. Sadly that's just about it though I found iOS a bit lacking then what Android gives me.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Dev guy so my take is a bit different from a consumer. I prefer Android over IOS in app development ... Objective C going away to make room for Swift may change that ... but I doubt it.

I don't dislike either OS. Now, the carrier and manufacture modifications on Android piss me off to no end. Migrating has been a bitch so far.

Fragmentation I can deal with in general though.

• Brohoof 1

Its not that i hate iOS i just massivly dislike apple. But as for specification purposes android just does more. Its easier for app makers to develop on and its more consumer friendly. IOS may hve released 2 years before anroid but it didnt get flash on its phones untill 2 or 3 years after android. On top of that ios updates lise customer support when the next one comes out so you get like a year of support before you have to buy the next one. Its like a subscription to your os.

I don't really care if I have the Android system or the OS. Its just getting used to bath of them

However, I will never even consider getting an Iphone, because I really hate the company who makes it. Spending hundreds of dollars only to get more GB, even though its possible to make carts (They are doing it with Android, and only costs around 20 dollars to get)

I really hate Apple as company

iOs is a lot more optimized than android,dont forget that.With dual cores they have the same graphics and perfomance,probably even better than the quad and octa core android phones.But iOs is just not customizable as android.It feels limited.Simple.While google play is half full with shit apps like themes,guides,fake games,games made in 15 mins and so,its much more operable and versatile than iOs so android wins in my opinion.Holy shit,thats a long reply.

Its easier for app makers to develop

100% Agreeement

and its more consumer friendly

Depends on the consumer and how they use their device. For some IOS is seen as far easier. There is also the low end satisfier quandary, meaning users of low end budget friendly Android devices may turn sour on the OS and then purchase an IOS and be completely satisfied as there is a marketed jump in quality from a ZTE to a Apple Handset. That unfair comparison is occurring and one that Google and handset manufactures are aware of.

IOS may hve released 2 years before anroid but it didnt get flash on its phones untill 2 or 3 years after android

I was developing during the blasted 3.1.1 SDK fiasco. Dark times indeed. But with Air and ActionScripts, Flash isn't really an issue anymore. It actually was massively buggy on Android when it came there, with Hulu still acting like mobile support for Flash didn't exist.

On top of that ios updates lise customer support when the next one comes out so you get like a year of support before you have to buy the next one.

Not sure if that is a negative or not TBH.

Anywa

As for me, I am pretty biased with iPhones and Apple products in general. Although, sometimes I wish I could play millions of PC games (can't afford the Parallels software and I don't know how to use Boot Camp ) and in phones, have bigger screen and play emulators and mess around with how my phone looks.

But I also see why Apple is a closed ecosystem. They have important stuff to deal with like bugs and fixes. The last thing in their mind it to tackle viruses that have plagued modern smartphones.

My friend, an Android user, used a clone of comic sans for all of his text. As a web designer, I won't have that. That's probably one of the reasons they went with imposing limitations. In the design world, "LESS IS MORE." It's not as much as how your phone looks like, but what you make with your phone, is what I think. 

I don't hate Android, I just love my iPhone and Apple products, that's all. 

Well, considering there is little to no cell service in my area, it is kind of pointless for me to own one. Really, if we even had decent service, I'd have to do some research and not let my Apple bias show through too much.

My mom has a simple flip phone though. Good for making calls; not much else.

sometimes I wish I could play millions of PC games (can't afford the Parallels software and I don't know how to use Boot Camp )

You could always try a program called Wineskin.

It's easy to use and runs most windows games well enough.

I've never tried an Apple phone but I'm pretty satisfied with my Android phone. It allows me to send text messages and make calls, what else do I need?

I also have an iPad that I mainly use for being on the internet, but I really prefer a good laptop over my blasted iPad.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

• 1 year later...

Android and iOS are neither ideal, but they both work I suppose. As a student dev, I got to play around with android a bit from time to time. One thing I really liked was that it was possible to program in C++ on android and I even ported my Pokemon collection list to mobile with almost 0 effort. That's one thing I need to tip my hat to them for.

One platform I think that gets overlooked is windows mobile. While I know it's not popular, it's the best programming environment I've encountered yet for mobile. C# is so much nicer than Java and the IDE doesn't take half an hour to load or debug. Things may have changed since I coded on android studio, but all I can remember is the horrible laggyness and unpleasantness.

Edited by Celtore

I don't hate on IOS but I dislike when people hate on Android, mostly cause android is the biggest open source supporting OS for the mobile platform, really if IOS could even say they allowed open source I would give them any credit but the userfriendly menu any day. 
I agree that the android might seem chunky at times thought and really intimidating on certain phones. 
WINDOWS PHONE THOUGH..... I don't even know what to make out of windows phone...