Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favourite shooter that has aged well?

Handsome Changeling

Well just as the question asked, what is your favourite old shooter, it could be a game from a PS2 or an N64 it doesn't matter what console just as long as it is not new.

Me personally I loved Timesplitters and still play it to this day because it is just so much fun and there is so much to do in it. I would just like to know what people played in there childhood and I played this for years.

TSFP_Xbox.jpg

• Brohoof 1

CAAL O' DOODY!

...:lol:...

Probably the Halo series because it started out well, and gradually became better. Doom is a good shooter too, but Doom 3 was pretty bad.

Wolfenstein is a great shooter too. Wolfenstein 3D was awesome, and the new Wolfenstein was great as well.

Edited by QuartermasterBrony

Halo:CE has aged incredibly well, a lot better than others like Half-Life 1 and Goldeneye. Not saying those two games are bad of course, just that they haven't aged very well at all, especially HL (Good god, the platforming). I would also say Doom, but after playing Brutal Doom I don't think I'll ever be able to pick up the original again. 

I'd also say that perfect Dark has aged fairly well, in comparison to Goldeneye at least. Little things like easier access to equipment/gadgets, better guidance towards objectives, voice acting, and actual reload sequences make it feel a lot less archaic.

• Brohoof 1

No one is saying the Ratchet & Clank games...?

I've only played and finished Ratchet & Clank 3/Up Your Arsenal and Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator, but there is just a lot of replay value in those games. I really want to try the previous games now.

• Brohoof 3

No one is saying the Ratchet & Clank games...?

I've only played and finished Ratchet & Clank 3/Up Your Arsenal and Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator, but there is just a lot of replay value in those games. I really want to try the previous games now.

Those are more action platformers to me than true shooters, BUT they are still great games; of course

As for shooters, I would say Disruptor. Insomniac's first foray into gaming. <3

I hate to be "That Guy", but Metroid Prime isn't a shooter. 

Of course it is, you run around and shoot things in first person  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Of course it is, you run around and shoot things in first person  :derp:

Well, even if you're trying to simplify it down to it's core gameplay that's not gonna work. If you just ran around and shot things in Metroid Prime you wouldn't make any progress in it. You could probably go through most of the game (besides boss fights and certain encounters) without firing a shot besides for opening doors.