Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games that would make GREAT movies

CosmicHooves

Guild Wars Prophecies. The story would make for a fantastic trilogy.

First: The city of Ascalon is destroyed by beasts wielding magic powers after centuries of conflict. Our protagonists and the prince are exiled from the ravaged city by the king for encouraging civilians to take refuge and they must scale the mountains to find sanctuary. Meanwhile, the stone summit dwarves are trying to kill them throughout the journey for being on their turf. They make friends with another group of friendly dwarves along the way and frequently make use of their camps. Right at the end, the prince gets killed by the dwarve's leader but the rest make it out of the mountains to civilization.

Second: The people who took them in aren't as generous as they appeared. They make an attempt to kill the protagonists to prevent them and everyone who could potentially stop an ancient apocalyptic prophecy. They also worship dangerous humanoids with magical powers that the protagonists can't see or harm. The heroes are saved by a rebel group and retreat deep into the jungle. They steal an item of significant power away from the cult and give it to a powerful wizard that's associated with the rebels. The heroes are told by the survivor that they need to go through the trials of the crystal desert to stop the prophecy.

Third: The heroes go through the three trials of the desert and the leader of the protagonists fights his doppelganger as the fourth and final trial. Glint, a dragon who oversaw the writing of the prophecy, summons them and says that the artifact they stole is being used for evil purposes. The man they gave it to intends to revive giant lava golems and fulfill the prophecy. The heroes are taken to a volcano where their old friend is awaiting them. The ascalonian survivor is a lich and raised the prince from the dead. The prince recognizes the protagonists, but can't act on his own and engages them in combat.

Some creative liberties should be taken here, maybe the prince would break free and kill the lich. I dont know, but I always thought this was one of the better stories from this game. A lot of this was also interpretation, not a perfect retelling either, simplified, etc. Certain people on youtube have melded the cinematics from the campaign together too, it's almost like a movie :P

is he foxy cause he's sexy?....jk jk I know nothing about the game 5 nights at Freddy's having anything sexy in it XD

No hes called that because he is a fox.... :okiedokielokie:

System Shock 2 :D

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

This game is scary as *fuck*, for starters, and it does it in a way that has to do with atmosphere as opposed to gore and violence, so the scares would be the best the silver screen has seen in ages. Then there's an incredible story that will keep you guessing and a metric shitton of lore to boot. Throw in the action-y stuff and the way the Von Braun took off as well as the amazing story that only gets more and more intense as you continue would make this the perfect movie.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

SS2 is like one of my favorite games ever oh my god

I think I'd scream like a little girl if a system shock movie was announced.

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario Brothers.  Oh, wait...

But seriously, there is a fatal flaw with most of your suggestions: Modern games are already cinematic. With cut scenes, in game interactions, dialogue, etc., the games are already like movies. In fact, they are better. Games can tell a story over the course of many hours, where a movie is limited to about 2 hours. Why would you want to see a movie of, say, Grand Theft Auto 5? It is already way better than a movie could ever be.

For example, Resident Evil the movie was a big pile of shit. That is a perfect example of why I hate movies but love games. Do you really want your favorite games to be ruined?

Super Mario Brothers.  Oh, wait...

But seriously, there is a fatal flaw with most of your suggestions: Modern games are already cinematic. With cut scenes, in game interactions, dialogue, etc., the games are already like movies. In fact, they are better. Games can tell a story over the course of many hours, where a movie is limited to about 2 hours. Why would you want to see a movie of, say, Grand Theft Auto 5? It is already way better than a movie could ever be.

For example, Resident Evil the movie was a big pile of shit. That is a perfect example of why I hate movies but love games. Do you really want your favorite games to be ruined?

that is why we must have tetris the movie, jk jk but in all seriousness your absolutely right though Hollywood will never stop making movies based off of good things its just what they do

that is why we must have tetris the movie, jk jk but in all seriousness your absolutely right though Hollywood will never stop making movies based off of good things its just what they do

Apparently they have since we have had so many reboots the last few years....

I was originally going to put 007 Goldeneye on here, but then I forgot that the movie came out before the game.....

Though here is another interesting game that would probably make a good movie: Resident Evil 4. 

Now I know that people do not like the existing Resident Evil films (which I personally love), but if the movie was animated or something of the such, then it could probably be good.