Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get mad when someone criticizes your favourite childhood thing?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Do you get mad?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get mad?

• Yes I am very mad!
    • U mad bro?

Sometimes. If they bring up legit reasons to criticize certain things, then I might agree witht them. Even if I loved something to death when I was a kid, it doesn't mean I can't see anything bad in it.

• Brohoof 1

Who is the arbiter of what is fair? Is it yourself?

Here's how I see fairness: You, in a mindful and intelligent manner, discuss what worked or didn't work in any medium. What I mean by "judging unfairly," is that if you constantly nitpick it to high heaven, and bring up claims that aren't there in the first place, I'm going to counter argue that. However, if you are either a complete asshole about your opinion, or act VERY melodramatic about it, I'm not going to listen to it, and believe me, I've had to deal with those idiots who do that a lot.

Here's how I see fairness: You, in a mindful and intelligent manner, discuss what worked or didn't work in any medium. What I mean by "judging unfairly," is that if you constantly nitpick it to high heaven, and bring up claims that aren't there in the first place, I'm going to counter argue that. However, if you are either a complete asshole about your opinion, or act VERY melodramatic about it, I'm not going to listen to it, and believe me, I've had to deal with those idiots who do that a lot.

Everyone has a different opinion so no one can objectively say issues someone finds simply are not there.

Additionally they may act melodramatically BECAUSE other people who do not agree with their opinions are themselves being dramatic so they respond in term.

The problem is that no one is the judge because no one is completely objective.

Edited by Sweetie Shock

Everyone has a different opinion so no one can objectively say issues someone finds simply are not there.

Additionally they may act melodramatically BECAUSE other people who do not agree with their opinions are themselves being dramatic so they respond in term.

The problem is that no one is the judge because no one is completely objective.

Still, you don't need to be melodramatic to get your point across. :P

I don't really get pissed off, but I will get a little bit annoyed. Depends on what you are criticizing, and whether or not you are ACTUALLY criticizing it, or just saying "This sucks" with no evidence. I hate when people do that with anything...  :eww:

Do I get mad when people criticize my favorite childhood thing?

I'm thinking like, before I turned 13 childhood...

...dafuq was my favorite childhood thing :confused:

Err, I had an answer, but yeahh :wau:

Yeah I don't actually remember anything from my childhood, the things I still like now only go back to my teen years. 

I know I liked Poke'mon but that's about it.

I've had a few things I love from my

childhood like some books mostly!

Which I love my Sailor Moon Manga and

R.Kenshin and I was reading it work

and someone said, "Ahhhh don't you think

reading that here is a bit unprofessional? "

I wanted to throw a rock at him....

I get annoyed, for the reasons people have already said, but I especially hate it when people bash it because some popular internet critic also bashes it and they decide to bandwagon on their opinion and put people down for it

"Oh my god you like "X"? lol you're such a loser I watched ____'s review he says it sucks!"

Yes because some internet douche's opinion totally matters to me

Edited by Matter Horn

I get salty as fuck, but then I get over it.

It's their opinion and they're entitled to it.

That's cool most of the time I don't care about someone's opposing opinions. Unless I'm pulled into a conversation about feminism and SJW or some other contentious topic, then I'm exactly the same. It's the people who don't get over it that are the problem. 

I get annoyed, for the reasons people have already said, but I especially hate it when people bash it because some popular internet critic also bashes it and they decide to bandwagon on their opinion and put people down for it

"Oh my god you like "X"? lol you're such a loser I watched ____'s review he says it sucks!"

Yes because some internet douche's opinion totally matters to me

To give an example of this:

"But Angry Joe said the game sucked and his video has like a million views that means I'm right!" ~ AngryJoeFanboi4ever69

Ad hominem attacks for liking something are the worst.

Edited by Sweetie Shock
  • Brohoof 1

Not personally no. I've never really felt the need to protect my nostalgia or memories. Likewise, I don't feel that even a misinformed or illogical attack on my cherished 'x' is a personal attack against me.

Strangely enough, there are things I loved as a kid that were and still are obscure. When they are attacked a sense of relief might be felt. There is a personal ownership that one can develop in the rare item with no popularity or mindshare

Yes, I do at first. It's a knee jerk reaction that is difficult for me to control, because my favorite childhood things are things that have inspired me for years on end and remain with me to this very day. So to question them is to dissect the fabric of my very reality, and it makes me quite displeased.

But at the same time, if I'm watching my favorite childhood thing with someone else, or experiencing it again, it usually turns out that it was not good as I remember, and I can agree with their criticisms. It's been happening a lot lately where I feel disillusioned slightly by the things I used to love. I mean, they're still good and not utter crap, but they're not as great as I thought they were. It's kind of a good thing when people criticize sometimes, because it brings to light a whole new perspective to me, one that is more unbiased. It allows me to realize things that I didn't really think of before. But at the same time, it still does feel kind of bad to be disillusioned like that. 

Really, it's a sort of bittersweet reaction I have.