Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get mad when someone criticizes your favourite childhood thing?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Do you get mad?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get mad?

• Yes I am very mad!
    • U mad bro?

I dunno. It depends on the situation.

If it's something that I've held near and dear to me, then I might me a little upset about it. If the criticism is unreasonable, doesn't make sense, or is unnecessarily over the top, then I'm likely to be up in arms over it.

If it is reasonable and most importantly: 100% factual and/or is something that doesn't mean much to me, then I won't be bothered.

If it's just outright hate (hyperbolic or otherwise; assuming the latter even truly exists within this context) I've learned / am learning to simply walk away.  If someone is content to wastefully devote their time and energy to running down something they don't appreciate and likely possess very limited knowledge about, that's their choice.  And if they're trying to figure out why I like that thing...  I don't need anyone else to understand lol.  Certainly not a complete stranger.  Besides, I am a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an igneous!!1!

*person talking bad about Nintendo*
img-3053153-1-url-17.gif
That's a warning for your own safety...

A...  Cary Grant GIF?!?!?  From, I think, "His Girl Friday."  That's something I never thought I'd see lol.  (I saved / stole it xD ).  Also I liked your post as a whole.

A...  Cary Grant GIF?!?!?  From, I think, "His Girl Friday."  That's something I never thought I'd see lol.  (I saved / stole it xD ).  Also I liked your post as a whole.

I may only be 18 but my parents raised me on Retro TV. I actually have only heard the name Carey Grant and seen it in passing though. Is it ridiculous that my childhood TV shows are the same as my grandfathers? Oh and if anybody insults M*A*S*H*, Dick Van Dyke, or The Odd Couple well...

tumblr_lvwe6piyKd1r7zfmko1_400.gif

• Brohoof 1

no.

like i care about other people´s opinions about things that dont even matter in the long run.

just because someone doesnt like something  that i like doesnt mean that he is necesseraly wrong with his opinion.

being a hater, however, is a different story.

I actually enjoy it, because you can only emphasize strengths after noting the weaknesses! I love how my favorite things seem to have a lot of plot holes, yet I can still enjoy them because the narrative is emotionally investing for me. :)

I may only be 18 but my parents raised me on Retro TV. I actually have only heard the name Carey Grant and seen it in passing though. Is it ridiculous that my childhood TV shows are the same as my grandfathers? Oh and if anybody insults M*A*S*H*, Dick Van Dyke, or The Odd Couple well...

img-3056084-1-tumblr_lvwe6piyKd1r7zfmko1

That's pretty cool, I think.  Thanks to my mom, I know names of movie stars like Jimmy Stewart, Danny Kaye, Katharine Hepburn, and James Cagney.  My favorite older TV series are things like early / black and white "The Twilight Zone" and "The Outer Limits" and "The Addams Family" and "Rawhide."  Also seen a bit of shows like "I Dream of Jeannie," "Bewitched," and "Mister Ed" lol. xD

• Brohoof 1

That's pretty cool, I think.  Thanks to my mom, I know names of movie stars like Jimmy Stewart, Danny Kaye, Katharine Hepburn, and James Cagney.  My favorite older TV series are things like early / black and white "The Twilight Zone" and "The Outer Limits" and "The Addams Family" and "Rawhide."  Also seen a bit of shows like "I Dream of Jeannie," "Bewitched," and "Mister Ed" lol. xD

Mister Ed huh? Did that spur your love for teh talking equines of mlp? :P

• Brohoof 1

I get mad when people criticize my favorite things unfairly. If they nitpick it to death, or complain about things that aren't true, or are just general jerks about their opinion. If they're being fair and reasonable then it doesn't bug me.

Where where you in my YouTube comments section, where was anyone rational in my YouTube comments section for matter of fact.  >_> 

I get mad when someone criticizes Spongebob. Do they not know that show is a part of me? :(

IKR he lives in a pineapple under the F****** Sea! Do not mess with my bob!  :P 

Sweetie Shock, on 02 Sept 2014 - 3:31 PM, said:

Where where you in my YouTube comments section, where was anyone rational in my YouTube comments section for matter of fact.  >_> 

I was likely staying away from said youtube comments section in an attempt to keep my sanity.

• Brohoof 1