Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you be a slave/pet?

swordsman

This whole thread makes me think of the 1973 animated film "Fantastic Planet". It's a surreal and somewhat frightening, yet oddly beautiful film about giant aliens treating humans as pets, or pests to be exterminated. I put the trailer in spoilers because some my find it a bit disturbing.

Oh, and I would be Princess Celestia's pet.

^_^

When i started this the idea i had in my head was more along the lines like the OEL manga The 9 Lives.

the plot is this , A race of aliens resembling humans (with the anthropomorphic qualities of cats) come to earth for one purpose: to serve humans. True to their name, they possess 9 chances at life as long as they are not "too dead". They must give 8 of their lives to a human master to return to their home planet. The 9 lives are treated as second class citizens or pets. A young 9 life named Conri is looking for his twin sister while avoiding becoming anyone's pet. While being chased for stealing some food, he is saved by a human named Adrian. Conri secretly follows Adrian back to his house and eats all his food. Adrian catches him and they come to a mutual agreement that Conry can stay in Adrian's house as long as he cleans the house. Sadly, he isn't a very good cleaner and breaks more than he cleans. Conri and Adrian go through an emergency hospital visit and get tangled up in a gang war, but in the end, they come to know more about each other and trust the other a little more.

or like this

I watch a lot of anime so the idea of being the pet or working as a servant for a alien is not that hard for me. Maybe cause i have a little submissive side to me for woman but that how i am.

Now would i kill and fight yeah!! don't get me wrong i will be very submissive  for the right persons or owner but i have no problem killing at all. you could tell me the zombie apocalypse just happen  and i would be as happly as pinkie pie in chocolate rain or princess celestia with some cake. I LOVE killing and warfare, just give me a reason and i will fight any enemies both foreign and domestic. :wub:   in a past lives i was a warrior and that just how i am. Now i am not crazy or some nut  and i would never harm anyone unless they tryed to harm me or my love one it just the meaning of life is war!" Because life IS war. Basically, you're fighting against one thing or another right from the start – you're fighting for survival with pretty much everything against you, you're fighting for social or political positions. that life.

• 2 months later...

Being a slave would not be fun. I'd resist that. 

But a pet? I can do that (as long as they're nice). 

I'll be adorable and play and have free food and a place to stay and owners who love me, and it'll be a good life, man. 

Ugh, as much as my... fantasies would love that, fuck no, I would tear out the hearts of a thousand insolent fucks who think they can enslave me. And then I would continue killing until they killed me. OR if they FORCED me into slavery, well, I'd finally get to fight with my teeth, something I've been wanting to do for years. Tearing out throats with my teeth, heh, they'd HAVE to put me down then. 

NEVER

NEVER

NO FRICKING CHANCE!

It's better to live up on your feet than die on your knees and slavery is worse than that I'm completely against slavery of all kinds, except for slaving all slavers and make them feel the pain

I can't understand what's wrong with the ones that is okay with it.

Edited by LegendsMaxed

I don't think Aliens would make us their pets.......instead they would probably probe us ;-; 

But then again a highly advanced civilization would probably be humble and come in peace, unless they want us to do their work for them then that's another scenario c:

Weird question...

I guess I'd be a pet?  I mean I'm kinda submissive, as long as I'm not being abused it would probably be pretty fun.

Slave is just a word for a pet you can abuse and work to death, so probably not that.  :P

• 3 months later...

Whether I'd be very useful for my owner or not, I'm not sure... I sometimes think that being a slave could be the best that I could amount to, though, and I guess I have the right mindset for a slave as well; submissive, fairly obedient, and unlikely to question my orders. It'd help if my owner was kind to me, of course. c:

I'm probably a pet??? I know I'm someone who everyone just hugs and I feel really weird just answering this question. Besides, I think everypony knows my weakness: I-I'm ticklish :blush: but I cannot be a slave :eww: I'd complain constantly and I would be VERY stubborn.

As long as they treated me nicely, and I didn't have much choice, I would be a good "pet", meanwhile observing all I could and learn about them, and eventually try to communicate with my "owner".

Wait. Slaves, aliens, pets...... This can go in a VERY weird direction in a VERY short time. But I agree with what someone said. A pet? As in pampered, them brushing my hair, bathing me? Sure why not. I could pull the cat act.

Slave? Eeeeehhhh like forced labor? If we wana get super philosophical we're all slaves to the economy due to our need for sustenance. We all work hard at a job and receive a place to live, food to eat, and socialization. Slaves get the same thing: They need to work, they're usually housed, fed, and allowed to talk to other slaves after work's finished (If you don't you won't have a slave for long).

You know, a really interesting thing is how slaves were treated by the hebrews about 4000 years ago. They were treated with respect, you had to feed them, house them, and they had to work as was part of the agreement. Every seven years(if I remember correctly) was a "jubilee" year where they were set free from any debts and could either find a new master, try to start their own family, or stay with their current master. Many slaves chose to stay cause slaves in that society were treated like servants more than slaves and even like family because of their teachings. If you were a slave you were sold into slavery due to bad decisions and stuff.

If you mean a slave like how slavery was intended to work (see above), sure why not. Sure beats being zapped. If you mean a slave like Red Eye's slaves in FoE, naw I'd die trying to escape as opposed to die working for them.

Hmmmmm..... well it would depend on what they intend to do with me, if ya know what I mean :comeatus:

But other than that, NO. I would not serve them otherwise. I'd join the resistance!