Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Powerpoint: I Need Help!

DJShy

I am in need of help!

You see, I am currently working on a presentation using google slides about bronies for a school club project.

What I need help with is that I have no idea what to add to the presentation. What I have at the moment is going to stay, unless you can give me a good reason not to. However as you give me some ideas as to what to add to my powerpoint, you can also help me to find some stuff to add to the existing slides and the possible future slides.

Also it helps if you tell me if you think I can rearrange my slides somehow.

Also, if you want something of yours put into the presentation, like art or links to your fanfiction, I'd be happy to comply.

Here is the link to the powerpoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ChXBhCyRV5elYm4KURW6_0-m1R6lILu7LYE3PmXwwOE/edit?usp=sharing

So I ask again, what can I add? What can I change? What can I rearrange?

EDIT: After watching a YouTube video, I decided I need more humor. Give me your best jokes!

EDIT2: I have one more day remaining!

EDIT3: I didn't present, so... One more week!

Edited by DJ Shy-3

Trying to improve the image of the fandom, I see...

Well good luck with that.

Not really trying to improve the image as I am cleaning it, making it more clear, so to say.

I intend to input everything I can, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The alignment of the chart on the first slight is a bit off. Perhaps you can remove it and replace it with a photo of the Mane 6 together? That would serve as an appropriate introduction.

On the initial slides, you need to explain what you will be talking about and anchor in the overlaying purpose of your presentation. I recommend that after you do this, you explain the stigma behind MLP, and then go on to why bronies like it.

Keep in mind that you should not convince your audience to like MLP, but instead show the audience why normal people like MLP.

The alignment of the chart on the first slight is a bit off. Perhaps you can remove it and replace it with a photo of the Mane 6 together? That would serve as an appropriate introduction.

On the initial slides, you need to explain what you will be talking about and anchor in the overlaying purpose of your presentation. I recommend that after you do this, you explain the stigma behind MLP, and then go on to why bronies like it.

Keep in mind that you should not convince your audience to like MLP, but instead show the audience why normal people like MLP.

I was thinking of adding more than one photo to the title side. That could fulfill my 'MLP' side of the powerpoint, but if not the alignment chart, then what kind of picture should I use for the 'Brony' side?

The purpose of my presentation is to inform what a brony is, while having it make sense to even the clueless of people to what a brony is and why they like it. But also I should mention that it is not for 'school' school, it is for a club I joined. I'm not sure it is necessary, so I want it to be informative, yet brief in case I don't really need to.

I have no intention to force MLP down anyone's throat, however I'd be lying if I said I don't want to at least try to get someone to want to watch some episodes.

Try being self-aware, and don't be afraid to make fun of yourself.

Don't worry, I ain't afraid to crack a joke at brony stereotypes.

If I was to do it, first I'd explain what a brony is. Have that as the first slide after the title slide as not everyone will know what a brony is. Maybe some history of the fandom as filler. Then go into reasons for why bronies are bronies i.e. why we like MLP. Try using humor at some parts as well to keep the viewers interested. Then open up to questions at the end. I do have other suggestions but I don't know if they'd be appropriate for what you're trying to aim for.

Edited by Commander Shep-herd

One photo for the title page will do. Photo overload is bad. A good presentation is mainly always good speaking skills as opposed to a packed presentation.

Not even one photo to express the 'brony' part of the presentation?

If I was to do it, first I'd explain what a brony is. Have that as the first slide after the title slide as not everyone will know what a brony is. Maybe some history of the fandom as filler. Then go into reasons for why bronies are bronies i.e. why we like MLP. Try using humor at some parts as well to keep the viewers interested. Then open up to questions at the end. I do have other suggestions but I don't know if they'd be appropriate for what you're trying to aim for.

Jus tell me any and all ideas you have and I will debate with myself whether or not I will use them. Also, a list would be nice. I have a short attention span for big, long paragraphs. Just a heads up.

You're... gonna talk about cloppers?
You serious?

I honestly don't see why not. I can handle any hatred that comes my way for being apart of a fandom that has that sort of thing, and the way I see it, the sooner we get that out of the way, the better.

You need the Derpy seal of approval first...

There you go!

OMG, thank you so much!

Edited by DJ Shy-3

Not even one photo to express the 'brony' part of the presentation?

Jus tell me any and all ideas you have and I will debate with myself whether or not I will use them. Also, a list would be nice. I have a short attention span for big, long paragraphs. Just a heads up.

I honestly don't see why not. I can handle any hatred that comes my way for being apart of a fandom that has that sort of thing, and the way I see it, the soon we get that out of the way, the better.

OMG, thank you so much!

I have nothing against cloppers.

Actually, I'm kinda interested to hear this presentation, but... are you sure the teachers are gonna allow you to talk about cloppers?

I have nothing against cloppers.

Actually, I'm kinda interested to hear this presentation, but... are you sure the teachers are gonna allow you to talk about cloppers?

I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I don't have any pictures to any NSFW stuff.

Basically:

Say what a brony is

Perhaps history of brony fandom

Reasons for why we like the show

Open up questions at the end

(Try to be funny at some parts)

Other suggestions:

If it exists, perhaps sociological or psychological research into bronies

Showing off some of the content that we create; music, art, animations

Talk about famous bronies perhaps such as Seth Green or Gabe Newell

Maybe link to that chart at the start and talk about the different variations of a brony

Edited by Commander Shep-herd
  • Brohoof 1

Perhaps history of brony fandom

Other suggestions:

Showing off some of the content that we create; music, art, animations

Talk about famous bronies perhaps such as Seth Green or Gabe Newell

Maybe link to that chart at the start and talk about the different variations of a brony

1. I have no idea of the history of bronies. If anyone can link me to a website that briefly, yet in detail explains the history of Bronies, that would be great.

2. I have every intention to show off as much fandom made stuff as possible.

3. I'm not too good with celebrities. I might need some help with that one.

4. I just pulled that off of google. I have no idea where that came from or what I searched. You anyone else know, however...

There are loads of videos on Youtube of live presentations.

Just go wild on Youtube.

I'll go to YouTube if I still feel like something is missing and I run out of people to give me suggestions.

1. While I don't know the validity of the information on this website, it sounds reasonable enough http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

3. Gabe Newell- director of Valve

Seth Green-Actor

Notch-creator of minecraft

Lady Gaga

John Cena apparently (I'm finding this online I don't really know the validity of it)

Rupert Grint- Actor

Weird Al Yankovic-singer

That might be enough

4. I can try and help you with that but someone will probably know more than me

Cloppers

And this article has highlighted some types of bronies about 3/4 through-http://www.bronystudy.com/id1.html

That's all i know in terms of those questions

Also one other suggestion if you haven't already planned on doing it. Don't explain everything on the actual powerpoint. So for example if you were to talk about the different types of bronies for instance, list them on the slide but then talk in depth about them, rather than writing in depth on the slide. If that makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

I think you should also mention some of the famous/well-known bronies of the fandom like Dustykatt, SaberSpark, Silva Hound, The Living Tombstone, etc. Maybe it could go somewhere like in the types of bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I have found myself in a dilemma:

I can't decide whether or not to use a certain image over another to decide what will represent analysts. Go to my presentation and go to the slide entitled 'Types of Bronies' to see the choices. Please help me decide.

I have found myself in a dilemma:

I can't decide whether or not to use a certain image over another to decide what will represent analysts. Go to my presentation and go to the slide entitled 'Types of Bronies' to see the choices. Please help me decide.

I like the one on the upper right the best