Are You Looking Forward To EQG 2?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Are You Looking Forward To EQG 2?

• Yes!
    • Sorta
    • Completely Indifferent
    • Not Really
    • Not At All

Not particularly. Despite having a Maud teir waifu (ie a one off character who many will enjoy the presence of, but will be largly forgotten 3 months after her one and only appearance), it doesn't look particularly promising with its rather boring story line, and with most of the more fun and interesting plot twists being revealed in the teasers and sneak peaks. It just seems to be another magical highschool girl plot, with some minor elements from a show I enjoy far more. I'll still watch it to form a more cohesive opinion, but hype for this I am not.

The shorts seem cool, and I think it'll end up being a great movie.. I just don't like the concept. Why are they even making a band? Does Princess Celestia need music to save Equestria or something? Other than that, everything else is fine. I'll definitely be watching it just to see if it doesn't suck.

The shorts seem cool, and I think it'll end up being a great movie.. I just don't like the concept. Why are they even making a band? Does Princess Celestia need music to save Equestria or something? Other than that, everything else is fine. I'll definitely be watching it just to see if it doesn't suck.

The band is for the musical showcase maybe? I read the book quickly, so maybe there was a different reason, I just can't remember what it is.

I wouldn't say I'm incredibly hyped or anything, but I am curious, I'll definitely watch it, but as far as what I expect, i'm kinda indifferent. 

I am curious though, it could be good, it could be bad.

I'm just gonna wait and see.

Hasbro was wise to release so many clips AND the soundtrack over two weeks early. Now we're hyped instead of disgusted, lol! :P Personally, I'm interested to see how this second movie will be handled. Even from the clips, it seems more well put together than the first (which honestly I would compare to what just jumped into my mind a second ago - like the biplane to the modern airplane, lawl XD...silly brain :P). I hope someone puts the movie on Youtube or something quickly!  :o

• Brohoof 1

By the way, is this coming in theaters or DVD?

YES! I used to love Sonic Underground! :D

My favourite show when I was a kid! And other than mlp, it still is my favourite show! RAINBOW ROCKS HAD BETTER BE EXACTLY LIKE SONIC UNDERGROUND!!!! Or someone make a fan animation of it XD
  • Brohoof 1

I've been one of the handful of weirdos in this fandom that actually liked Equestria Girls, so of course I'll see it.

Plus I've got the soundtrack and am loving it, so now I have to see the songs with the animation and story with them.

By the way, is this coming in theaters or DVD?

Theaters on the 27th of this month, and then on DVD about a month after that.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see where everyone stands!

Meh, I don't know, it's EQG after all...

Just kidding, I can hardly wait! 

(hi EquestriaGuy, I wonder how many people will think you are named after the 'Equestria Girls' title  :P)

Edited by ilcane87
  • Brohoof 1

after watching the first movie:

no, not really.

there is a difference between not focusing on the plot of a movie and just plain not giving a crap about logic whatsoever.

but damnit it had some catchy songs.

probably gonna watch it anyways. :/

I'm looking forward to it to the point where I'm running out of patience  >_>

maybe a little to over dramatic, but I loved the first one and the second just keeps getting better with the sneak peeks and glimpses of the actual movie plot that wasn't in the SP's.

Can't believe its almost a week and a half or so till it premiers!

• Brohoof 1

I've loved all of the shorts, the soundtrack is amazing, and I really liked Equestria Girls, so I'm definitely looking forward to it! 

Plus I've always been more interested in the "slice of life" episodes of MLP than the action-y ones and, from what I've seen so far, this looks like a relatively chill movie.

Edited by AyoMistadurrk
  • Brohoof 2

Not really. I honestly thought the way the artists did their human forms was a little... Weird. Off.

Not just their artwork either... The personalities of the characters were messed up. I don't even know how to describe it, but yeah.

And the music and theme of EQG turned me off almost immediately. High school melodrama is horrific, often used, and just... Bad. I only found one decent track in the ENTIRE MOVIE. Not like Magical Musical Cancer, but still. Not good at all.

If it ends up how I think it will, I will dislike the movie at least a little bit.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

I'm indifferent because Equestria Girls promoted things like Twilight exploring a new world, a romance, and a contest. Which all ultimately turned out to be irrelevant by the end.

This movie is promoting a band contest and I'm wondering exactly how much this contest will matter. Will we be able to hear other characters besides the protagonists and antagonists sing/play. Will the antagonists just simply trash the contest voiding it while the protagonists are automatically considered winners for saving the day.