Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

God I love fedoras

Commander Frost

I personally love a simply visor hat, though I would like to try a nice wide-brimmed safari hat; or something similar anyway. As long as it's not a cowboy hat or sombrero, I'm good.

Ive thought about buying a fedora like a white one. But i dont know what to wear it with nor do i want to look like a beta

The only way you would not look like a beta is if you were to wear it with a nice, well-fitted suit. And even then, I don't think the fedora could be white. But I'm assuming you don't wear a suit on a regular basis, so I'd abort that idea altogether. 

The only way you would not look like a beta is if you were to wear it with a nice, well-fitted suit. And even then, I don't think the fedora could be white. But I'm assuming you don't wear a suit on a regular basis, so I'd abort that idea altogether. 

I have a plain white t shirt with a collar thing on it a white fedora would look good with....

I have a plain white t shirt with a collar thing on it a white fedora would look good with....

A collared t shirt? No fedora is going to look good with a t shirt. Or are you talking about a collared, long-sleeve shirt? Regardless, I would advise against it in both cases.

But hey, you're gonna wear what you're gonna wear. Just don't be the guy that wears it with fingerless gloves and a trench coat.  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

A collared t shirt? No fedora is going to look good with a t shirt. Or are you talking about a collared, long-sleeve shirt? Regardless, I would advise against it in both cases.

But hey, you're gonna wear what you're gonna wear. Just don't be the guy that wears it with fingerless gloves and a trench coat.  ^_^

No no no its not an actual collar its a plain white shirt with 3 buttons on the front. I got it at rue21 its not a bad looking shirt and ive seen people wear a fedora with a t-shirt before and it look good

I'm seeing this brought up more and more around here and everywhere, and I keep seeing nothing but hate for fedoras. So I am just going to say this. I don't like or appreciate the hate. I think it is unwarranted. I think people need to break whatever bad associations they have with it and remember; it's just a hat. Fashion statements fall in and out style all the time. Very few things stop being in fashion permanently, and even those said things might still be worn by a few quirky people who might be able to pull it off anyways.

That being said, I love hats. I want to own ALL kinds of hats! You name it, I want it.  :)  Top hats, hunting caps, hard hats/helmets, sombreros, berets, fez, deerstalker caps, rastacaps, fantasy hats, actual hats people wear regularly, etc. At least 1 of each, maybe more if I want a few other styles.

I all ready own a cowboy hat, an asian bamboo cone hat, a godfather-style hat, an Ecuadorian panama straw hat, a safari hat, and yes... A fedora and trilby. And darn proud of it! My hats kick major butt! B)

Yes, I know the difference between a fedora and trilby. Very few people do. Trilbies are the hats that LOOK like fedoras, sort of, and worn by the people who probably made it a "fashion no-no". I don't consider it a fake fedora or a fake hat just because it is mass produced, cheap, has a short brim, and comes in a number of styles. To me, trilbies are just a short brimmed hat that are easier to come by. Nothing more, nothing less. :comeatus:

And yes, I try to wear the right fashion with the right hat. I try to wear a suit with a fedora, I try to wear casual clothes with casual hats, etc. However, I don't always have the money to just buy tons of outfits and neither does everyone else. In the end, I think we should all feel free to wear whatever makes us happy. And we should remember that it's not the clothes we should judge, it's the person wearing them. You can dress like a hipster, a moderate, a creative, a normal, or whatever. But a jerk is a jerk, a fool is a fool, people should be judged on the merits of their character only. Their clothes won't change who they are inside. :proud:

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly I hate it when people wear fedoras casually. They look good complimenting a nice suit at a formal occasion, but it's just stupid when paired with a dirty t-shirt and jeans.

• Brohoof 1

I think they're cool and that I could maybe pull them off. I'd want one. =3

Though it doesn't look like it I'm also a bit of a fashion guy so if I get a Fedora I'd need a pair of glasses and/or a certain shirt to go with it. If I wanted a hat to just wear all the time with anything it'd be a baseball cap but I don't really care for those.

Edited by Felix