Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Hasbro spoiling Rainbow Rocks?

TheMarkz0ne

I have my ticket and will see this in a week at the same theater I saw the first movie in. Literally, the same theater. Why are all these youtube clips just those...movie clips! This is not a feature length movie, it's not even 90 minutes and we have these clips that give away the whole movie.

Welcome to the world of New Media marketing. If I was Hasbro I would do the same thing. BTW, this is nothing ... try being a Star Wars fan circa 99-2005. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to the world of New Media marketing. If I was Hasbro I would do the same thing. BTW, this is nothing ... try being a Star Wars fan circa 99-2005. :okiedokielokie:

Lol I was 6 in 99' and still saw Phantom Menace opening day in New York. I don't get the whole " lets shoe the movie before the movie starts." With the clips in place. It's obvious Sunset Shimmer is not a good mare.

I think there are only certain types of movies where spoilers really matter.

This isn't The Usual Suspects where there is some major plot twist to hide or anything. You can get a pretty good idea of what's going to happen just reading the description given with the press releases or watching the trailer.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing though. This is more of an "it's about the journey, not the destination" type movie where it's more about enjoying the stuff that's happening on screen now.

I really wish more people were aware of this distinction, because the "OMG Spoilers!" drama that some people go through is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Andaasonsan

They're not spoiling it. They're hyping it. Hard. The first one wasn't well received by fans on the whole and I think they want to try and squeeze more out of the second one.

• Brohoof 1

They're not spoiling it. They're hyping it. Hard.

Which is almost the same thing...

And plenty of other, bigger movies are guilty of the same thing.

I remember this one review for a would be blockbuster that said "I wish I could tell you about the movie'scool action scenes, but if you've seen the trailers you've already seen 'em.".

Which could apply to a number of such movies...

Besides, it's not like Hasbro really cares. We all know this is just a way to bilk fans and rip off/stick it to Mattel.

Edited by Jangobadass

Yeah, they are spoiling the movie, but like @Andaasonsan said, Rainbow Rocks isn't one of those movies where spoilers matter.

I have to admit though, I find it a bit annoying we are seeing so much of the movie before it's actually out, especially when you consider the movie won't even be that long. :unsure:

I think there are only certain types of movies where spoilers really matter.

This isn't The Usual Suspects where there is some major plot twist to hide or anything. You can get a pretty good idea of what's going to happen just reading the description given with the press releases or watching the trailer.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing though. This is more of an "it's about the journey, not the destination" type movie where it's more about enjoying the stuff that's happening on screen now.

I really wish more people were aware of this distinction, because the "OMG Spoilers!" drama that some people go through is a bit ridiculous.

Wait, you mean at the end of the film Snails won't all of a sudden walk upright and with an air of gravitas smiling all the while at the hell he hath wrought upon CHS?

Well ... there goes another item off my speculation list for this film. Thanks man. >.<

• Brohoof 1