Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OC cutie mark help!

ManaMinori

how about a chisel passing through a skeleton photo frame?

the photo frame seems strange, when its not related to sculpting, though. Did you suggest it, as just to portray art in the broader sense? And the chisel passing through it meant to represent singling out one artistic talent out of the broader picture of the many?

• Brohoof 1

The art of sculpture is to realize that the statue is already inside the stone, and that you just need to chip away all the parts that aren't the statue.  That being said, maybe broken rocks clustered around an empty silhouette of something?  Might be too busy-looking though.

Oh, Well that's the only Idea I have, sorry, but good luck though :) 

thanks for the help, though

The art of sculpture is to realize that the statue is already inside the stone, and that you just need to chip away all the parts that aren't the statue.  That being said, maybe broken rocks clustered around an empty silhouette of something?  Might be too busy-looking though.

yeah, it might be, unfortunately ):

I was going to suggest just the pile of stone chips, representing what is chipped away to reveal the statue. Somewhat abstract and doesn't immediately scream "sculptor" unless it's explained the way Cheerilee did hers.

(I think Cheerilee and the mane characters of the show suffered from having their cutie marks defined by Hasbro before the writers and producers explained the meaning behind cutie marks. By comparison, the cutie marks of many background or one-shot ponies are much more straightforward.)

on second thought, I like the interpretation of that- the statue already inside the stone. I think I'll go with that concept (thank you), but not with rocks. Maybe a cocoon, which would seem more abstract to reflect the nature of the characters' talent, and still carry the same concept

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!