Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you say 'lol' in real life?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Lol survery  

134 users have voted

1. 1. Do you say Lol in real life?

• Lol!
    • No

no that's one of the things I would never say (unless I'm trying to make fun of hipsters) I have a habit of saying Brony stuff though like Every pony and some of our famous sayings like 20% 10 seconds flat and other things also sometimes instead of saying Oh my God I say Dear sweet Celestia most of the time when I say this people know what I'm talking about

• Brohoof 5

no that's one of the things I would never say (unless I'm trying to make fun of hipsters)

9 year old girls are hipsters now? I don't follow current trends so far all I know this could be the case.

Yeah, sometimes it's rare but sometimes it slips.

That's mostly what it's like for me. Which is ironic because when it slips it's whenever I've spent the least time online recently. You'd think it'd be the other way round.

• Brohoof 2

9 year old girls are hipsters now? I don't follow current trends so far all I know this could be the case.

I never said they are I mean like.... its hard to explain but when I typed that I had people who go to Highschool in mind

• Brohoof 1

I never said they are I mean like.... its hard to explain but when I typed that I had people who go to Highschool in mind

To me a hipsters are the ones who are always taking the 'I was cool before it was mainstream' attitude. Whereas saying 'lol' is extremely mainstream. So If anything it's more of a nerd stereotype following popular internet culture. Of course you could make the argument they are doing it ironically but that's would be obvious if they where.

• Brohoof 1

Here in Brazil, lots of people (who are not hipsters) say lol, and they don't say L.O.L., it is actually lol, the way it is written, because in here, we don't have the habit of saying stuff letter by letter, but it is a pretty common thing to see people saying "lol" and "aff" around here, or at least it was... me? Not so much

If everypony had a translation in Portuguese, I'd say it though xD

• Brohoof 2

Here in Brazil, lots of people (who are not hipsters) say lol, and they don't say L.O.L., it is actually lol, the way it is written, because in here, we don't have the habit of saying stuff letter by letter, but it is a pretty common thing to see people saying "lol" and "aff" around here, or at least it was... me? Not so much

If everypony had a translation in Portuguese, I'd say it though xD

People tend to say it lol as it's written here too. It would be wierd if they sad L.O.L come to think of it I don't know of any sayings that people still voice out the acronyms for.

• Brohoof 3

To me a hipsters are the ones who are always taking the 'I was cool before it was mainstream' attitude. Whereas saying 'lol' is extremely mainstream. So If anything it's more of a nerd stereotype following popular internet culture. Of course you could make the argument they are doing it ironically but that's would be obvious if they where.

hmmm well then.... you made your point (plus I have no idea what your even saying) let me rephrase what I said earlier "when I make fun of Stereotypical teenagers"

• Brohoof 2

People tend to say it lol as it's written here too. It would be wierd if they sad L.O.L come to think of it I don't know of any sayings that people still voice out the acronyms for.

Really? In most of the videos I watch I see people saying the acronyms, mainly o.m.g.

I love the amount of Pinkie Pie avatars in this thread

Edited by Caleb Rosengard
  • Brohoof 2

Really? In most of the videos I watch I see people saying the acronyms, mainly o.m.g.

Every thread needs more Pinkie Pie avatars. Regardless of website or topic.

• Brohoof 3

I say it all the time :lol:. I'd rather say "lol" than chuckle or "heheh" some of the times. It's pretty fun to say "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOL" even when something isn't entirely funny :lol:. I'm weird :1.

• Brohoof 2

People still say omg? I haven't seen that used in years, almost nostalgic. I wonder how many PinkiePie avatars this thread will end up with. Hopefully about 20% more.  B) 

• Brohoof 1

...Only once, and it was humiliating. My brother never let's me live it down.

Time for another Koukatsu brand storytime!

Once upon a time, a very handsome young stallion was walking along with his brother at this strange, new place, dreamed up by an idiot. It was called an outdoor mall! The concept itself was not a bad idea, but to take the concept of a mall that isn't indoors, and cram it into the middle of the desert, well, that was just silly.

As the stallion and his brother walked along the rows of shops, they reached the "fun" area, where there was a small playground for foals and the like. Such as area was the center that expanded outward, so there were games and rides for the stallions and mares as well, for them to be entertained as the young ones were. Of these, there was one that acted as a gyroscope, meant to disorient passengers, that passersby might be amused at their expense.

This particular gyroscopic ride was actually intended for two ponies to ride in together! How unusual, how unorthodox! The handsome young stallion looked to his brother as he spoke, "Koukatsu, my brother, isn't it amusing? Somepony actually paying not just to make themselves sick in the spin, but to vomit on a friend! Bahaha, how dear."

The young stallion, hearing those words, gave it a mild thought, and conjured up a rather silly image, to which he could only respond "lawl". His brother was stunned! A face of stone, carved into an expression of shock, and it shattered into the guffaws of joy at the idea that such a thing was said!

The End...?

• Brohoof 1

It's rare but i do say the actual word 'lol' every once in awhile..  :maud:

Even rarer is me saying "lololololololololololol" -- tho i admit i do it for the funzies.  :maud:

If the below video is offensive for any reason, including its stupidity, i apologize.  :maud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ninOiFdSPU8

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1