Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any other spider lovers/respecters?

Everleaf

The idea came to me when coming across this forum http://mlpforums.com/topic/110435-are-spiders-evil/

I feel I am the only person who loves and respects spiders as much as any animal 

and in fact find them cute

as I just said...as much as any animal I have no fave animal to be honest I'm a bit of a Fluttershy and I can pretty much see the light in all animals/insects which can be quite rare

but am I the only one who loves/likes spiders? 

• Brohoof 8

I do have to say that I respect spiders and what they can do to help our environment. However, I just don't really like them because they scare me. As long as they stay away from me, then I have no problem with them doing the things they do for our environment.

• Brohoof 2

Nah dude, I like and GREATLY respect spiders. If all the spiders in the world disappeared, there would be dire consequences. Not to mention that their web can be used to create vests stronger and lighter than armor and their poison can be used against heart failure (if I'm not mistaken). And they are kinda cute with their 8 hairy legs and 8 big eyes. <3

• Brohoof 1

I don't really get why people freak out about spiders. It's annoying when you walk into their webs, but that's about it.

And I know some of you are scared of poison spiders, but in most places there aren't very many of them.

Where I live the only poisonous spiders are black widows and brown recluses. That is a very short list and both spiders are very distinctive looking.

Go look up which spiders are venomous in your area. It's good information to know anyway.

You are totally correct.

Spiders, up close, are rather cute.

I'd cuddle them, but they don't like it and I might hurt them.

Yep if only they had been bigger so we could give them a hug or stroke them.....

yep I agree here too...and oh come on Jumping spiders wear water drops as hats and that's NOT adorable? :3

• Brohoof 1

I respect them on a sort of "enemy of my enemy" basis; I won't hurt them as long as they don't hurt me. They help in the fight against annoying pests like house flies and mosquitoes. I've even seen them take down wasps! It would be a bit different if they were venomous, but none of them here are really that dangerous. The worst that could happen is that I might wake up with some itchy red swelling for a day.

• Brohoof 2

I like spiders. The only time I don't is if one is on me. Here in S.E. Michigan there are these average house spider sized ones that make webs something like a sideways tornado. I think they're called wolf spiders. Anyways, in mid summer they make webs on windows with the small part of the funnel going in between the brick motor line and the window shutter. When I was younger I would put crappy carpenter ants on the web for one on my bedroom window. I would also feed it yellow jackets (REALLY annoying wasps).

Lol, it got to the point where it was like a pet. When I came by the window (outside of course) it would come out of the tunnel to see me for food. It would go attack whatever I put there and run in the tunnel for a second, then quickly run back out and then drag the bug into the tunnel.

We also have jumping spiders around here that come in all different colors. they kind of look like little tarantulas. They're fun to mess with because they act like insane robots. They move around really weird.

Wow, what is the deal with all of these spider threads lately?  :blink:

Anywho, yes, I'm not exactly keen on spiders, but I do understand the significant role they play on our ecosystem.

The webs they make can be beautiful when the sun shines from the morning dew onto the web and it shimmers.

Quite a lovely site!

• Brohoof 1

Wow, what is the deal with all of these spider threads lately?  :blink:

Anywho, yes, I'm not exactly keen on spiders, but I do understand the significant role they play on our ecosystem.

The webs they make can be beautiful when the sun shines from the morning dew onto the web and it shimmers.

Quite a lovely site!

The spider thing started with one forum and thanks to me it spread  :lol:

well at least you respect them :3

(I've also got a spider fan club XD