Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Heterophobia became a thing

ShintX

I can't say I've really encountered it, but I have no doubt this is a thing somewhere. There's always a fetish for something, a fear of something, and so on. I've learned by now that no matter how bizarre the thing in question may seem, there's always someone out there who sincerely believes something. I imagine that applies here as well.

Sexual "phobias" do not exist. It's just extremism with 'politically correct' reasoning....

I'd like to agree with your sentiment, but I actually have encountered people who are legitimately frightened of homosexuals, or at least find them deeply unsettling. There's an extremist angle to it, to be sure, but its not just that.

• Brohoof 1

It exists. I heard there are many homosexuals (in no way am I saying all, or even most) who bash on heteros, or at the very least, say that being homosexual is better.

Yet most, if not all Christians understand that marriage is between one man and one woman, and that marriage is not a man "owning" a woman as though she were some form of slave but creating a covenant with that woman?

Need I point to the first marriage in history? That which is recorded in Genesis 2? Where God had joined Adam and Eve together? There was only one man and only one woman. And the man did not claim her as though she were mere property, but rather instead God had provided her as a companion and a helper to man: as an equal made out of man and for man.

I'm not a Christian (not Orthodox anyway), but I just wanted to point out that in original scripture, Adam's first wife was not Eve, as many Christians think, but Lilith. The reason we don't hear about Lilith is because when the Bible was being made, they left out part of Genesis that mentioned Lilith. Just look where it suddenly goes from "man and woman were created equal out of the same dirt" to "God put Adam into a deep sleep, and took out a rib and used it to create Eve". All Lilith wanted was to be able to sometimes take the dominant sexual position, but Adam said "Get beneath me, woman!", so Lilith used the holy name of God to fly to a cave. God sent 3 angels to try to convince her to return to Adam, and when she refused, God created Eve. He created her out of one of Adam's ribs, so she would be born submissive. Lilith, wanting to get back at God and Adam, decided to show that Eve could think for herself too. She's the one who disguised herself as a serpent, and told Eve how if she ate the fruit, her eyes would be opened and she would not die.

That's the original scripture of the Hebrews anyway. What I myself actually believe might sound crazy to some, and I don't want to turn this into a religious thread, so I will save that for another day.

Edited by Overlord Valvatorez

You guys seem really concerned about this.

Look, because of biological reasons heterosexuals are going to always outnumber homosexuals by a large margin.

Any person who is embittered enough to hate heterosexuals to the point of discrimination is ultimately going to be making life harder for themselves if anything, because it is going to severely limit their options for who they can interact with.

• Brohoof 1

...such thing really exists? I am all respectful for homo/bisexuals, but heterophobia would be no better than homophobia. It would be just disrespectful and on top of all I want to see  humanity surviving without heterosexuals... 

Why can't anyone sleep with whoever he/she wants (for as long as it is not hurtful for other person like pedophilia) and not care about who others sleep with? >.> 

• 4 years later...
22 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

It's not real in a serious sense. I've seen plenty of "ewwww straight people/cishets are so gross" talk on the internet but it's never meant to be taken seriously.

I make jokes that try to make straight people sound nasty sometimes, but A they're jokes and B gay jokes of the same kind exist and are everywhere.

Edited by Angus Delaney
  • Brohoof 1

On 9/21/2014 at 12:59 AM, ShintX said:

Random stranger: "Breeders!".

Pretty good "reverse psychology" video actually, for its time. So sad I never noticed it back in the day. Didn't get enough attention.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Splashee said:

Random stranger: "Breeders!".

Pretty good "reverse psychology" video actually, for its time. So sad I never noticed it back in the day. Didn't get enough attention.

I watched it in Personal and Social Education (basically everything your guidance teacher will teach you),
I thought it was weird, but thinking back about it, it does show the way that Hetrophobia would exsist (if it did).

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

To be fair, the vast majority of rapists identify as "straight". you have to wonder if there is a connection....

To also be fair the vast majority of people identify as "straight" too. But still I've got to steal that one. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Angus Delaney said:

To also be fair the vast majority of people identify as "straight" too. But still I've got to steal that one. :laugh:

Yup. I am aware it lacks statistical rigor, but its a good line to use on bigots :)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heterophobia is a real thing:

B9076D74-E751-4028-A887-47F097ADF931.jpeg

People are afraid of all sorts of things from clowns to death to even plants. 

Are we reviving old topics, or did this just never die and I didn't realize it til now? :squee:

Either way, a lot sure has changed in my life since I last posted in here...
I even saw another funny comic where one guy says "Gay people need straight people to make more gay people!" And someone else clearly wanted to reply or call them out on that logic, but then realized the first guy has a point. :laugh:

While individual heterophobia might exist, it would be completely daft to assume that it would become a dominant ideology mostly because it defies any real logical sense. In an ideal world ones sexual preference shouldn't matter, people are people and they shouldn't be judged solely on who they like - that kind of mindset is medieval.