Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria is real... No seriously.

WunderWaffen_

I'm not surprised. Some moron decided to name their town this, after all, so of course a town called Equestria must exist.

they have already changed the town name because people kept stealing the town sign.

the town was named that way far before the english language was spoken internationally, after a person that lived there in the 11th or so century.

they have already changed the town name because people kept stealing the town sign.

the town was named that way far before the english language was spoken internationally, after a person that lived there in the 11th or so century.

They kept stealing the town sign? That's just wrong... :okiedokielokie:

I'm not surprised. Some moron decided to name their town this, after all, so of course a town called Equestria must exist.

You don't even know how much I'm laughing. I wasn't expecting it to say Fucking. And the damn thing about the sign said the "Village of Fucking" Edited by Pvt. Applejack

OMG: http://www.sa-venues.com/attractionsga/equestria.php

"Once you've booked your accommodation in Equestria explore our pages for info on attractions and what to do in Equestria."

Well if you can't make it to South Africa we have a town called Friendship here in Mane (Maine). Come visit!

Edited by Simeon Leonard

The town is in Austria, and therefore they would speak Deutsch and not English. They wouldn't have known the English meaning at the time, a simple mistake although it has attracted a lot of tourism! 

• 4 years later...
On 9/20/2014 at 9:47 PM, Justin_Case001 said:

Wow, this is awesome.  But wait, which came first, FiM or Equestria, South Africa?  I just googled it and didn't easily see an answer.  I'm guessing South Africa.  But you never know, some cities actually do things like change their name to some franchise or something to try to capitalize on the popularity.  Definitely not unheard of.  Anyway, this changes everything.  All of these hypothetical "what if Equestria was real" threads will have a whole new meaning.

Also, this seems relevant.

To answer you question I can confirm that the estate in pretoria was named first, I saw the gate of the estate with the name, the image was taken in 2009, over a year before the show was a thing.

• 1 year later...

Cool.

There's no street view but there  seem to be a lot of identical houses. Maybe that's Starlight's village.

On 9/23/2014 at 10:20 AM, Sceethe said:

I've never even been on the continent, I swear! :lie:

Edited by Fluttershutter