Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web YouTube comments: getting worse since the Google+ update?

A goat

I might be a little late here. But still, I've seen exremely rude/immature/illogical/bigoted/psychopathic comments reaching the top comments section. It's been like this for a while, but it's becoming more frequent. Am I the only one who notices this?

I dare everyone to take shot of alcahol for every time you see a rude/immature/illogical/bigoted/psychopathic comment get over ten upvotes.

Edited by A goat
  • Brohoof 13

Well i'd be drunk faster than... something really fast I dunno.

But youtube comments have always been stupid, it's the new top comment system thingy that's broadcasting it.

• Brohoof 6

"stupider"

*Grammar Nazi mode*

It's more proper to say "more stupid". I'm sorry, I had to.

Anyway, the Youtube comments has always been a cesspit of stupidity and it's gonna stay that way 'til the end of time. Despite all that, I don't really like it when Youtubers disable comments as it halts discussion of the video's topic, criticism, debates regarding the vid's comments, and such too, not just the stupid comments. It's one of the very few reasons I still read Youtube comments.

Edited by Brandon~
  • Brohoof 3

I'm not sure. For a long time even before the Google+ update, I used a Youtube comment blocker since I got frustrated with the overused jokes. Especially the "thumbs up if you ______" joke, that one isn't funny.

You should really get a Youtube comment blocker. It has saved me from the stupidity of Youtube comments. xP

• Brohoof 1

I shudder to even contemplate the constant parade of horror YouTube comments have to offer. Iv'e seen no change either with or without Google plus, because honestly, is anyone going to notice a few more or less evils in the unrelenting maelstrom of filth that is the YouTube comments section?      

• Brohoof 2

I feel sometimes the Youtube comments section can only get more stupid as time passes.  :maud:

I dare everyone to take shot of alcahol for every time you see a rude/immature/illogical/bigoted/psychopathic comment get over ten upvotes.

I would die from alcohol poisoning before i leave the video comments section most likely so ill pass.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 2

I ignore the comment section...for every 1000 comments, only 2-5 are actually worth reading...the rest are overtly judgmental (positive and negative) without much for constructive discussions....

• Brohoof 2

:maud: I have been getting cussed more and more these days.

it seems I can't even joke around with people.

for example the other day I replied to a comment on a parody music video.

he said this is not the original.

I said "what made you reach that conclusion xD"

he replied with a long string of cuss words and I think he was confused about my gender because he called me a boy/girl.

though I'm not sure google is to blame, the whole commenting system does seem to need a upgrade.

though as a supporter of freedom of speech... if we can just censor the insulting things people can say. whats to stop it from going further?

I think that we'll just have to get used to rude or stupid people being one of youtubes little quirks.

there are even songs about it. :huh:

Edited by Lucky Star
  • Brohoof 3