Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any horror games you would recommend to start out?

Dashie23

This is a post I put on Reddit, but I'll ask it here too.

Any good horror games to start playing the genre? I want to try it, but I don't want to dive into Slender or Amnesia right away. I want to work my way up to more popular ones like the two above, FNAF, or Dead Space. And since I'm starting, I'd appreciate less or no jumpscares(most of the reason I'm waiting on Slender and such)

• Brohoof 1

I heard Amnesia is g-

Oh.

Try Silent Hill. I heard it's pretty good. I'm not sure if it has any jumpscares though since I haven't played it myself.

Dreaming Mary is a lesser-known game that's pretty cutsey, but has some dark secrets for you to find. There are multiple endings, so don't quit after one, figuring you're done.

Edited by Petal Dancer

How about the first horror game ever made by the company ID in fact get the kick ass trilogy to DOOM that's right on  one  cd rom  or if you have a playstation 2  get the first terrifying game that will give you chills with the T-REX  called DINO CRISIS AND last Bioshock  I couldn't get but I have bad ass bioshock 2 enjoy everypony !

Just play Resident Evil 4; just do it. xD  That's more about an atmosphere of mounting tension or dread than it is about silly jumpscares (I don't care for jumpscares myself).  And, when you're done playing through RE4, move on to...  RE4. xD  I played through like eight times.  Resident Evil: Revelations, I thought, was excellent as well.  It felt more like true survival horror than RE5 and RE6.  And what's NOT creepy about claustrophobia-inducing hallways or being trapped at sea with a bunch of bullet-eating monstrosities?  And I also really enjoyed Dead Space.  RE4 and Dead Space are the kinds of games that make you creep yourself out wondering what comes next, and THEN they try to make you panic during an enemy onslaught.  It works.

I LOVE Dead Space and DOOM 3. You can get Doom 3 in the Doom BFG Edition which includes: Doom 1, 2, 3, Resurrection of Evil, and the Lost Missions. so like 4 and a half games for like $20 or so..

though, Dead Space's enemies are infections, while Doom's enemies are Demons from the Hell demention

Honestly, Id almost start with Slender. Its one of the least scary horror games out there, while still being at least somewhat scary.

But if you want to try something below that, I suggest playing OFF. it starts eery, then gets funny, then way too eery, then flat out terrifying. Then you fight a lady in a basement, get her chocolate, and meet aliens. Kind of all over the place really, than just a straight up horror title. But it was definitely unnerving at times.

Otherwise, try a game on GOG called I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. I hear good things about it and was thinking of buying it soon, so you should definitely check it out too.

You might also want to try the Stop It Slender gamemode on Garrys Mod. Slender, but with buddies! And YOU can be Slender! Pretty neat, huh?

Um..

FPS-horror games usually don't have quite that many "boo-monster-in-your-face" moments, more about trying to get under your skin.

Games such as Condemned: Criminal Origins, F.E.A.R, DOOM 3 etc..

Edited by Guest