Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you love or hate your parents?

CosmicHooves

Parents  

173 users have voted

1. 1. I...

• love my parents.
    • hate my parents.
    • Other (please explain in the comments)

I love my parents so much. x) They're open-minded and want the best from me and my future. I also love how no-nonsense and relaxed they can be.

Of course, not everything they do is perfect. Sometimes they can be like those annoying helicopter parents, but these days they're starting to understand that I'm getting older.

• Brohoof 1

At this moment in time I absolutely despise my parents over our constant arguing over me being a Brony and them calling me a, and I quote "You're a pony loving freak, start acting your age!" All this and on top of that I hate the fact she (My mother was the worst one my step dad was much more calm about me being a Brony) tried hiding my laptop and MLP merchandise repeatedly. This does not mean I exactly hate them forever but in this moment of my life I do.

Edited by Void Crawler
  • Brohoof 1

At this moment in time I absolutely despise my parents over our constant arguing over me being a Brony and them calling me a, and I quote "You're a pony loving freak, start acting your age!" All this and on top of that I hate the fact she (My mother was the worst one my step dad was much more calm about me being a Brony) tried hiding my laptop and MLP merchandise repeatedly. This does not mean I exactly hate them forever but in this moment of my life I do.

If you want any advice I'd recommend trying to get her to question why she thinks these things in the first place, the concept of "acting your age" and "buying the correct toys for your gender" has been made by various people (usually marketers) over many years, in reality there is no such thing as girly or boyish it was all made up. Did you know that at one point in time men wore high heels, today you would be called gay if you did that, but back then they were used for horse riding (I think). 

• Brohoof 1

I love my parents. The only real problem with them is that they're the overly religious type

I know where you are coming from. My parents and I are baptized Christians, yet they (especially my mom) are overly religious and conservative and refuse to be open-minded.

My dad is a coward who knocked my mom up and left, then proceeded to find his own family now married with 2 kids. My mom has recently turned into a religious nutcase who has been trying to brainwash me into Christianity. I'm constantly being told how I can't do anything without Yahweh and how christ and the church come first. I resent her for forcing me to try and be like her and because of what she has done I now hate all religions especially Christianity.

• Brohoof 1

While my father does have some opinions that absolutely piss me off, I adore both of my parents and I wouldn't trade them for the world, no matter how much we argue or how often I throw a hissy fit about something. I'd give my life for them in all honesty.  :rarity:

• Brohoof 2

My dad is a coward who knocked my mom up and left, then proceeded to find his own family now married with 2 kids. My mom has recently turned into a religious nutcase who has been trying to brainwash me into Christianity. I'm constantly being told how I can't do anything without Yahweh and how christ and the church come first. I resent her for forcing me to try and be like her and because of what she has done I now hate all religions especially Christianity.

Your mom had it the wrong way. You make your own choices as to how you want to live your life and what your destiny is. Religion is not supposed to be forced. You make the choice to either accept it or not. I was baptized because I CHOSE to become baptized. I wasn't forced into it.

Your mom had it the wrong way. You make your own choices as to how you want to live your life and what your destiny is. Religion is not supposed to be forced. You make the choice to either accept it or not. I was baptized because I CHOSE to become baptized. I wasn't forced into it.

Yah I have no choices. She said she would let me choice and then began forcing me to go to church. Worst part of it is I'm an atheist. So I know have to sit through her church's bullshit for 4 hours. Told her I was atheist before and she then began a long rant on the bible, how I was going to burn in hell and I was ruining her chances to get into heaven.

Yah I have no choices. She said she would let me choice and then began forcing me to go to church. Worst part of it is I'm an atheist. So I know have to sit through her church's bullshit for 4 hours. Told her I was atheist before and she then began a long rant on the bible, how I was going to burn in hell and I was ruining her chances to get into heaven.

Depending on which denomination she joined, she must be pretty vivid about it.

I am a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian. The denomination of mine doesn't force the word of God down people's throats like how your mom is doing it. Sure we do outreach to the public, however we let the people we outreach to decide to become a member of the church family or not.

Therefore, it should be your choice to go or not.

This video here should prove how out of touch your mom is about the truth of hell (it's very interesting): 

I read the title of this thread and my eyes opened wide, a look of shock creeping across my face.

My father died when I was 6, and though I have very sporadic and fleeting memories of him, I am told every day that I'm so much like him. It's unbearable to hear sometimes. 

My mother is an absolute legend, end of story. I love her dearly, and as for my father, I treasure any memory i can find in my mind, and any physical memories too. 

I find the concept of hating one's parents to be simply unfathomable. Then again, I consider hate to be at the end of a very broad spectrum. 

Depending on which denomination she joined, she must be pretty vivid about it.   I am a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian. The denomination of mine doesn't force the word of God down people's throats like how your mom is doing it. Sure we do outreach to the public, however we let the people we outreach to decide to become a member of the church family or not.   Therefore, it should be your choice to go or not.

Makes it all the more hilarious. She is a seventh-day adventist. 

Love them, especially my mother.

Think about it, she went through 9 months (or around there) carrying you in her whome as it caused back pain, morning sickness, and many other things.

It's also the fact that she raised me from a baby to a teenager and put up with all my temper tantrums and teenage mood swings. She feeds me, brings income into the house hold and still loves me.

As for my father, he's good. Yep.

Makes it all the more hilarious. She is a seventh-day adventist. 

She is the worst example I've ever heard of. She is overdoing it to you.

If you don't agree with the teachings, just choose not to and move on. If it ever happens that you become interested in the faith, I would stay away from fanatics like your mom and just speak with those about the faith who are around your age (like me).

I'm not forcing you to join the faith. That is your choice to make, not mine. And it sure shouldn't have to be your mom's choice that you join the faith.

God has given us free will so that we may choose whatever we want to do no matter the consequences that may happen to us.

Keep that in mind.

• Brohoof 1

My mother, I genuinely hate, she was very abusive growing up, both verbally and physically. So, I hate my mother, I've told her that to her face and I'm still sticking to it. My dad, I love my dad, but sometimes he can make me so angry but I don't hate him. I can't hate him.

• Brohoof 1

Of course I love them, but they just don't understand me.

I love Painting and being creative. They say all that is a waste of time.

I love Music and I want to play the Cello. They say I could never do that.

I love them, but they just don't get me, or don't even try to see my interests.

• Brohoof 1