Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Shining Armor sometimes arrogant?

ScarfaceOne

In a Canterlot Wedding Part 1. Shining Armour during his fit of rage says to twilight ''You can forget about being best mare, if I were you I wouldn't come to the wedding at all''. That is very harsh, shouldn't he know he would have to keep his sister at the wedding? Even Celestia dismissed her in anger. If the invasion never happened. Would Celestia hate Twilight forever and never let her back into her school? Would she say ''Twilight you suck, You failed, goodbye. You are not my disciple anymore''? And would Shining Armor be like ''You are not my sister''? Would her friends abandon her forever? Or would they all come back? Why is Shining Armor so overprotective of his wife. Why would he hate his sister simply for insulting his wife? Look I know she is royalty and it is wrong to insult royalty. But shouldn't Shining Armour simply reassure her ''Look Twilight, she is not evil. Everything will be OK''. Rather then busting in and saying ''HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT MY WIFE!!! SHE WAS JUST HEALING ME!!! NOW GO AWAY!!! YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT BEING BEST MARE!!!''. My bit of Fridge Logic is that Chrysalis drained him that he did it out of emotional drain. What do you think? And is it really arrogance? Because Arrogance is Pride. It seems his has pride on his wife.

At least Pingu's dad in Pingu Runs Away had a reason to be angry. Your son splatters a potato on your wife. And then he ignores you, rocks on his chair and then rips the table cloth off breaking plates and causing a mess. Pingu definitely deserved that smack from his mother.

Shining Armor wasn't being arrogant.

He had every right to be angry with his siter and tell her off. She violently insulted Shining Armor's wife, didn't support him and his decision to marry,  and seemed happy about it bashing Cadance. 

Of course, nobody at the time knew that Princess Cadance was actually evil. But, I had no issue with Shining Armor yelling at Twilight.

Of course, nobody at the time knew that Princess Cadance was actually evil. But, I had no issue with Shining Armor yelling at Twilight.

But what they did know was that there was a threat towards Canterlot. They should've realized that the threat already happened before SA cast the protection spell. Or maybe Chrysalis who just imprisoned Cadance and transformed into her told SA there's a threat and so he cast the spell. What I mean is Chrysalis forced SA to cast the protection spell. BTW I don't know why I analyze this and Crystal Empire so much.

But what they did know was that there was a threat towards Canterlot. They should've realized that the threat already happened before SA cast the protection spell. Or maybe Chrysalis who just imprisoned Cadance and transformed into her told SA there's a threat and so he cast the spell. What I mean is Chrysalis forced SA to cast the protection spell. BTW I don't know why I analyze this and Crystal Empire so much.

Well, then I guess the writers should have made that more clear.