Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for musicians

RaptorJaysus

Hey all. I am wanting to start up a little band, nothing too serious, but I would still spend a fair amount of time on it. I mostly write various forms of metal, including, but not limited to, djent, metalcore and progressive metal. I play guitar, but lack drums, bass and vocals. Vocals aren't a necessity though. I am looking for another guitarist, a drummer and a bassist; a vocalist would be nice too. If anyone's interested, feel free to shoot me a PM, contact me on Skype or just post here. We can sort out details once we have established proper communications.

@

I mean how low can it be tuned without the guitar becoming unplayable, or the neck undergoing immense amounts of stress when being tuned back up.

EDIT:

@@Treble Bolt

Maybe... we'll see :P

I have no idea. I don't know how to check either :derp:

@
Tune it to drop A (A, E, A, D, F#, B ) or drop A# (A#, F, A#, D#, G, C). Play it like that for a bit then tune it back to standard. If the strings don't feel like they're gonna snap, then you're good. If they do however, tune it to a full step up from the tuning you were checking, then slowly tune it up by a half step every hour or so until you're back in standard. That's the best way to check.

Edited by RaptorJaysus

@

That's fine man.

@

It's not that hard. What I said before was the proper way you should do it, but another way is just tune it down (in a drop tuning) until the strings buzz on the fretboard. That works too. Just try tuning your guitar to drop B. Come on, just try.

• Brohoof 1

@

That's fine man.

@

It's not that hard. What I said before was the proper way you should do it, but another way is just tune it down (in a drop tuning) until the strings buzz on the fretboard. That works too. Just try tuning your guitar to drop B. Come on, just try.

I'll try it later then I guess.

• 1 month later...

I know this topic is old, but just in case it's still relevent, I play it all.

I am good at deathvocals, I have an LTD F-50 that runs through a Super Badass Distortion, I play an LTD F-104 four string bass guitar (both tuned to drop Bb), and I have a full recording setup for my Mapex Pro-M 5-Peice drum set with Sabien B8 Pro Ozone Cymbals and PDP double kick.

I can fit in wherever you need me.

• 3 weeks later...