Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you believe music can save lives?

Haruhi-chan

I was curious about everyone's opinions on this.

I've gone through a lot of tough times, and Simple Plan has been there for me since I was sixteen. I know I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them showing me it's okay. I think it can save lives because it gives people the feeling that they aren't alone in the world. It's as if the band is right there holding or hugging them tightly to reassure them that things will soon get better.

So, what do you think? Can music really save lives? What are your experiences with music?

Edited by Loki of Sassgard

I've introduced a friend struggling with addiction and depression to The Who and The Police, he tells me listening to them both really made his life turn for the better, specifically the album Quadrophenia.

I think music can save lives. I think the same goes for other media too, books, video games, TV shows. Things like that can have an effect on people, both positive and negative.

I can't say any form of media has ever necessarily saved my life. But it's certainly helped me become a better person in a lot of ways.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I believe it can. Listening to music can definitely comfort, motivate and reassure. But also, for many musicians out there, music is an emotional outlet. From these two aspects, I definitely think music has the ability to save lives  :)