Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks May Have Partially Restored the Symmetry of the Group. *Spoilers*

AlbaTross

When Twilight became an Alicorn, the perfect symmetry of Earth Pony, Pegasus and Unicorn was kind of ruined. There have been quite a few threads speculating about a Mane Seven. I've always been more against the idea, but given my OCD, I would prefer a potential seventh member to be a Unicorn. The two most prominent candidates for me, based on the pool of existing Unicorn characters, have been Trixie and of course, Sunset Shimmer. I do however think Sunset Shimmer's colour scheme is more preferable to Trixie's in contrast to the Mane Six.

Anyways, given the events of Rainbow Rocks, it seems Sunset Shimmer has indeed become a seventh member in the Universe of Equestria Girls, so the symmetry is back, at least in this spinoff series. It is highly doubtful that this means anything whatsoever for the mane universe, and I prefer it that way, but it is an intriguing twist nonetheless. She is from Equestria, and she is Twilight's contact in the other world, so it's not like she's completely void of affiliation with Twilight's world. What are your thoughts on this twist? Do you love it, hate it, or feel somewhat neutral?

• Brohoof 2

I think that the EqG universe will not have a mane 6, so much as a mane 6 that has Sunset instead of Twilight. With Sunset now set up to write letters to the "princess of friendship", it would seem that she will not be adding to a overall complete cast of the mane 6, but rather taking the role as leader and learner of friendship ala Twilight in seasons 1-2.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't mind seeing another character added to the mane 6 at all, especially after Seeing Sunset Shimmer with the group in Rainbow Rocks. It's new and exciting! That's a positive thing after four seasons. As much as I loved Sunset Shimmer though, she's in a good place, she's learning friendship in the human world. There doesn't seem to be any desire or reason for her to go back to Equestria being a pony again.

Trixie? Sure, why not! She's an established character, entertaining, popular with the fans and she obviously has a thing or two to learn about friendship. She could become Twilight's apprentice. She's the official "Princess of Friendship" now after all  :wau:

• Brohoof 1

I think that the EqG universe will not have a mane 6, so much as a mane 6 that has Sunset instead of Twilight. With Sunset now set up to write letters to the "princess of friendship", it would seem that she will not be adding to a overall complete cast of the mane 6, but rather taking the role as leader and learner of friendship ala Twilight in seasons 1-2.

Twilight has been the main character for oh so long... So just to cut her off would make no sense. I feel like Sunset Shimmer will join the group and make it the Mane 7 but then get sick and tired of Twilight being the leader and turn evil again. Then Sunset would try to overthrow Twilight's "role" in the Mane 6/7. 

Twilight has been the main character for oh so long... So just to cut her off would make no sense. I feel like Sunset Shimmer will join the group and make it the Mane 7 but then get sick and tired of Twilight being the leader and turn evil again. Then Sunset would try to overthrow Twilight's "role" in the Mane 6/7.

I think M'aiq meant that Sunset Shimmer will fill that 6th slot in the group while Twilight is in Equestria between the films, and only in the world of Equestria Girls. No one is replacing Twilight. If anything, the possibility exists that Equestria Girls Twilight could replace her mane universe counterpart in the films. That, or we'll see some kind of Reflections like film where the Mane Six from Equestria all finally go through the portal together and meet their alternate universe selves, but I'm getting off topic.
  • Brohoof 1

My view of this right now just for simplicity (not really set on this ... but I've been mulling it over)

Equestria Mane 6 - Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttleshy, and Pinkie Pie

EQG Humane/Main 6 - Sunset Shimmer, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttleshy, and Pinkie Pie

Rainbooms - Sunset, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttleshy, Pinkie Pie, and Vinyl Scratch

That said, EQG seems more organic (like normal life) and the recent reveal at the end really makes things a little sticky. 

Twilight has been the main character for oh so long... So just to cut her off would make no sense

I think of her now like I think of Babs Seed. A member of the CMC, but not who comes to mind when you think of the Humane 6. At least not Princess Twilight. :P 

Who knows what might that bring to the series later, Sunny seems to be now be a sixth ranger in the group, and maybe another one might join their pony counterparts. Problem with the latter, I don't see a way to introduce a seventh element of harmony without being redundant, unless they use source of good magic separate of the elements, much like the Crystal Heart 

Sunset Shimmer: Dear Princess Celestia. I learned that it's wrong to break into other peoples' houses to surprise them. Even if the intentions are good it's still against the law. Sincerely yours, Sunset Shimmer.

PS: Please have Twilight come and bail us out of jail.

Pinkie Pie: *Cries.* It burns. Why? Why?

Applejack: I told you that if you kept harassing Cranky, he'll get you.

Rainbow: A big blast of pepper spray and watching Pinkie go down was awesome.

Applejack/Rarity: *Stare.*

Rainbow: I mean to say, this is not awesome. "Good save, Dash."

PSS: Please have Twilight bring something to wash out Pinkie Pie's eyes.

I'd rather not have Sunset Shimmer come back to Equestria and make the mane 7... but I do love how she was a/the main character in Rainbow Rocks.  I say just keep her in Equestria Girls. 

I'd want the future of Equestria Girls to be less Twilight and more Sunset Shimmer. Have Sunset kind of take her place, and Twilight is more of the role of Celestia. Pretty much what said here:

but rather taking the role as leader and learner of friendship ala Twilight in seasons 1-2. 

I also think this would work really well in an Equestria Girls episode series... like the planned Equestria Academy.

Edited by Megajack