Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The American Football Thread (NFL, NCAA, CFL, Arena)

Guest90210

Touchdowns, field goals, safeties, penalties, and lots of commercials - This is the thread for everyone who loves them some football!

NFL, CFL, Arena, NCAA - just about any form of American Football discussion is welcome.

First question, what NFL team do you support, and how do you think they'll fair this season?

• Brohoof 1

Die-hard 49ers fan since 2004!

I'm thinking they get a wildcard spot again this year and make another deep run in the playoffs. The first few weeks have been tough, but we've shown a lot of potential and when everyone on the team is healthy we will certainly have the best roster in football. All we need is for the refs to stop being awful and for the O-line to get its shit together and we'll be the team to beat B)

Seahawks, all the way! I've been that way since '88, when I learned there was a team in Seattle.

A Cheathawks fan, eh? Smh all of your players do PEDs and illegally hold receivers every play :P

I'm kidding of course but being a 49ers fan it's my duty to insult your team as thoroughly as possible :)

A Cheathawks fan, eh? Smh all of your players do PEDs and illegally hold receivers every play :P

I'm kidding of course but being a 49ers fan it's my duty to insult your team as thoroughly as possible :)

That's fine, seeing as that's all your team has anymore, along with a lack of unity.  They had better get their stuff together before November, or they will relive January.

That's fine, seeing as that's all your team has anymore, along with a lack of unity. They had better get their stuff together before November, or they will relive January.

Bad news for you is Bowman, Aldon, Brock, Davis, and possibly Dorsey will be back just in time to wreck your team. Can't wait :)

Bad news for you is Bowman, Aldon, Brock, Davis, and possibly Dorsey will be back just in time to wreck your team. Can't wait :)

It won't matter.  If our defense is good enough to beat Denver, it's more than enough to beat y'all.

...I think you're thinking of Kaepernick being overrated (did you NOT see how much they whooped on the Broncos in February?), but I will agree that Sherman isn't the #1 CB.  He is still up on the list enough to outplay Crabtree, though.

Nah, I still think the Seahawks are massively overrated, especially with them giving up important pieces in the offseason. No repeat IMO.

But Kaepernick is also massively overrated. Brian Hoyer is a better QB than he will ever be.

In other news, OSU gave Maryland a warm welcome to the B1G earlier today.

20Ohio State
Buckeyes
(4-1)

52 - 24
Final

Maryland
Terrapins
(4-2)

;)

• Brohoof 1

he is tho if you can't admit that you're a fanboy

No, I actually watch the games. Every play he's scrambling for his life because Iupati lets pressure right up the middle every play (he fell off hard) and J Martin gets manhandled on the strong side. If Hoyer's back there be would be out with an injury after 1 or 2 games.

Edited by LZRD WZRD

Browns all the way, like I've said numerous times, gotta rep the 216.

True that! 216 for life. Bet you liked that Browns game Sunday, aye? What a comeback!

Yah know, American football is a sport I tend to not like. Really, I sometimes really get pissed off just watching it.

Saying that, I have a soft spot for the Baltimore Ravens, and the WVU & Marshall NCAA programs. I don't follow them all that much, BUT I do on ocassion.

My fantasy opponent had Joe Flacco today. Welp

Seahawks FTW! They won vs Redskin 2 days ago, I hope they won the Super Bowl again this year.

Ouch lost to the Cowgirls today. That's gotta hurt. Niners gonna win it all this year B)