Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The American Football Thread (NFL, NCAA, CFL, Arena)

Guest90210

My fantasy opponent had Joe Flacco today. Welp

Ouch lost to the Cowgirls today. That's gotta hurt. Niners gonna win it all this year B)

That game was garbage.  Both teams were guilty of pass interference, especially the Cowboys during the second half.  It would be nice if the refs did their jobs correctly throughout an entire game rather than picking and choosing which rules they want to enforce.  ...and people wanted the original refs back.

That game was garbage. Both teams were guilty of pass interference, especially the Cowboys during the second half. It would be nice if the refs did their jobs correctly throughout an entire game rather than picking and choosing which rules they want to enforce. ...and people wanted the original refs back.

Looks like the new rules are finally catching up to the Cheathawks ;)

Looks like the new rules are finally catching up to the Cheathawks ;)

At least the Hawks get called for breaking the rules.  They were the #1 team in penalties last year, and still won the big one.  Meaning, that despite crippling themselves by breaking rules, they were still the best in the league.  Either way, that shouldn't excuse allowing the 'Boys to do whatever they wanted.  What should be done is that the refs enforce all of the rules all of the time.  They choose not to; that's been proven on several occasions, most notably when they declare to the football fandom that they plan on focusing more on certain rules because they allowed them to be ignored the past year or so.

Remember when the Patriots beat the Raiders in that 2001 playoff game, partially because of the forward pass ruling?  Raiders fans were pissed because many of them didn't know of that rule (which was already in place) because refs usually didn't care enough to enforce it.  As a result, the following few years saw that call come up several times EVERY GAME that saw a QB get hit a lot, even when it wasn't really the case.

Point being, the rules need to be enforced every bloody second of every bloody game.  If they were, Seattle might have beaten Dallas this past weekend (also assuming that they changed their strategy after a certain point).

• Brohoof 1

in other news, the Browns are above .500 with the easiest part of our schedule coming up :)

...which is AWESOME!!!  They are long overdue for a playoff appearance, and I hope that this year is the year that this changes!  (And if not now, then they ought to next year).

• Brohoof 1

lol the Cheathawks spent 65 million plus a first and 2 other draft picks for Harvin. Looks like it's AJ Jenkins 2.0 Paul Richardson's time to shine :lol:

It was worth getting a Lombardi, at least.  ...but I think I'll agree that this could lead to Richardson showing us what he can do.  ...I'm a little worried for our offense.

No matter how bad the team does I'm a Bills fan all the way. Just hoping to get into the playoffs finaly for the first time since 1999

Yeah, it's kind of sad that they are the only team to have yet to make a playoff appearance since the division realignment.  I think they might be able to be the new team to beat in the AFC East once Brady retires.  They've made some nice starts so far; I look forward to seeing what they do in the next few years.

No matter how bad the team does I'm a Bills fan all the way. Just hoping to get into the playoffs finaly for the first time since 1999

As a Browns fan, I share your pain, lol. The Bills are one of my favorite teams, I'd like to see them and the Browns square it off in the playoffs someday

• Brohoof 1

As a Browns fan, I share your pain, lol. The Bills are one of my favorite teams, I'd like to see them and the Browns square it off in the playoffs someday

That makes me think a bit: Who here has a dream scenario for the playoffs?  As in division champs and wild-cards?  Here's mine.  (Huh, I guess there's no table feature; oh, well).

Divisions    AFC         NFC

East           Bills          Redskins

North         Browns     Lions

South        Titans       Panthers

West         Chargers  Seahawks

WildC1      Texans      Eagles

WildC2      Bengals    Packers

Champs    Titans       Seahawks

• Brohoof 1

Poor Cheathawks Seachickens PEDhawks Seahawks:

- About to overpay a midget QB who can't throw inside the pocket and despite being a self-proclaimed ex-bully, takes abuse from his receivers when he doesn't throw them the ball (which in fairness he doesn't do because he can't see them over his O-line :lol: )

- Wasted a 1st round pick and 65 million dollars on glass man and locker room cancer Percy Harvin. Even when he wasn't pouting on the sideline or nursing his 1,283,932 career injury, the Seahawks still could never use him effectively enough to make an impact that could justify everything else. He could return kickoffs and run sweeps for 20 yards from time to time, but was he a consistent game-changer? Nope :)

- Their star RB Marshawn Lynch was so pissed about the Harvin trade he almost didn't get on the bus to go to the airport to fly to St. Louis this week :lol:

- Lost to the Cowboys lolz

- Their number 1 receiver now is Doug Baldwin....lol

- Dick Sherman's been exposed as only an above average CB when he can't hold receivers. Too bad they paid him elite money like he was Deion Sanders or something

- Their top draft pick has ONE catch on the season and has made zero impact on this team. He's got the build of a pencil at 6'0 175 lbs! If that doesn't set off alarms, he ALREADY has a history of getting injured against PAC-12 competition. He can't block, gets jammed, doesn't get good separation due to a below average burst and zero upper body strength, and to cap it all off he has bad hands and is a body-catcher. Did I mention he was projected to be a 3rd-4th round pick? Talk about a reach, I wouldn't even touch this guy in Madden! The Seahawks really botched this one and are showing all the signs of a team about to implode :D

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Russell Wilson has done a fantastic job doing more with this team than Kaepernick has, along with having a better passer rating, tying the rookie Pass TD record with Peyton Manning, and winning a Lombardi trophy.

Again, it may have been a long-term waste, but he was somewhat helpful in getting us that big title.  Carroll was also (probably) hoping that the sense of teamwork would help Harvin work out his personality flaws.  (Since he wasn't, this is why I'm glad he went to the Jets).

Even if that were true, he still went.  Why?  Probably because he knew that the right decision was made.  At least our players like our coach.

...meh, everyone's entitled to a fluke every now and then.

What's wrong with Baldwin?  Besides, we're going to be much better once our injured offense has its players come back.

Sherman deserves his pay because he is an above-average CB, by a lot, and can pull off big plays when they matter most (like last year's NFC title game).  Also, Deion Sanders wasn't always worth the money he was getting.

He did pretty good in today's game, though I will agree that he didn't deserve to be a #1 draft pick.  I think a 4th would've been correct.  I don't think they'll implode, but have some more work ahead of them if they want their offense to get back to where it was last year.  Depending on what they decide to do, they could be a threat to your Filthy-Whiners come Thanksgiving.

Edited by Washougal_Otaku
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, who in the AFC actually stands a chance against the Broncos? The Chargers? The Tom Bradys?

You now have your answer.  :)  If the Broncos are to return to the Super Bowl, they'll pretty much have to win every remaining game left on the regular schedule to avoid a return to Foxboro and near certain defeat in the playoffs. 

• Brohoof 3

Still gotta BILLieve. No matter how bad they been and can still be can never count out the Bills. Like Chris Berman says "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Let's go Unlce Rico

• Brohoof 2

In College football, I was really mad when Auburn beat Ole Miss. I was a little mad when Florida beat Georgia since most of my school likes the Gators and they like the start stuff since I'm an Alabama fan.

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha! Despite the Browns playing sub-par, we still won. 5-3 baby! Best of all, we're out the basement and now the Ravens are in last place.

I'll start thinking about the playoffs if we can pull off a win against Cinci on Thursday night.

• 2 years later...
On 8/10/2014 at 1:02 AM, Twilight The Creator said:
On 8/10/2014 at 0:31 AM, Rivendare said:

True that! 216 for life. Bet you liked that Browns game Sunday, aye? What a comeback!

of course, a great game to watch. I'm seriously excited about our future and this season, with the easiest part of the schedule coming up.

Legendary comment from a legend.