Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Flashlight stuff

Fluttershutter

It was already explored with Canterlot Wedding, so I think it's kinda soon to explore that level of relationship again.

I do agree with the rest of your post, but I just wanted to comment on this part - they BARELY touched the concept of love/romance in A Canterlot Wedding. They basically told us that these two ponies who we wouldn't care about if they didn't have any sort of relationship with Twilight (or anyone, really) were getting married. We didn't see them develop their relationship beforehand and we don't see much of their marriage.

So if they explored and developed romance between Flash and Twilight in the show/EqG, I think that it would look a little different. At least, I hope that it would.

Agreed.

I may have said something similar to this in another thread, but... yeah, I don't dislike Flash, nor am I against Twilight and him being together. I really want to see this relationship carried out... as soon as they develop Flash's character. :please: I just think the concept of love would be neat to explore more in MLP/EqG.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Megajack. Flash is a nice guy, supportive of the Rainbooms...

and it hurted me to see him turned into a competitive jerk by the Dazzlings, even to Twilight. Thank goodness when our heroes prevail and Flash was free, he restated his respect for the Rainbooms!

Sadly, he's still kind of bland! I don't mind bland things! I myself prefer my food plain. But he needs some development if they want this in canon. Fanon: great; but canon: needs development

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

I do agree with the rest of your post, but I just wanted to comment on this part - they BARELY touched the concept of love/romance in A Canterlot Wedding. They basically told us that these two ponies who we wouldn't care about if they didn't have any sort of relationship with Twilight (or anyone, really) were getting married. We didn't see them develop their relationship beforehand and we don't see much of their marriage.

So if they explored and developed romance between Flash and Twilight in the show/EqG, I think that it would look a little different. At least, I hope that it would.

Yup, this right here.

While they did explore love in Canterlot Wedding, it just wasn't... enough.

• Brohoof 1

You got a point here. Anyway, I approve a good exploration and development for their relationship, and has potential for a valuable friendship lesson, but maybe they should wait for a while before they venture to that territory. Starting slowly cold work too  :lol: .             Anyhow, no matter how well written and developed that becomes, people will still hate the Waifu Thief B) . I hope so at least, I like him because of the hate he receives  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know a lot of people here find it saddening (perhaps a bit maddening) that the Flashlight pairing hasn't really been done too well nor has it really progressed. I haven't been keeping up with fanfics lately, but sure someone must have taken this ship and actually give it a good spin.

I know a lot of people here find it saddening (perhaps a bit maddening) that the Flashlight pairing hasn't really been done too well nor has it really progressed. I haven't been keeping up with fanfics lately, but sure someone must have taken this ship and actually give it a good spin.

I've seen one and it's sequel presumably doing it. I dunno if it wants the ship to stick, as I've only marked as read later so far. However, there's another one named "Welcome my little one". This one does not focus on the shipping, but Twily's son instead, but it makes it clear that Flash Sentry is his father and their marriage is healthy

• Brohoof 1

It was already explored with Canterlot Wedding, so I think it's kinda soon to explore that level of relationship again. But it would be a valuable friendship lesson though, since many people make the mistake of hooking like this: -Dude: Heeeey lady, you're pretty, wanna go to a date? -Girl: Oh yes, you're now my boyfriend

I think Meghan will try the "RelationshipUpgrade" trope with fluttercord to refer to that poor romance setup made in the past

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RelationshipUpgrade

I don't know about you, but that snickering smile Sunset made at the end when 

a freed Flash Sentry hugged Twilight and said, "Rainbooms Rule! That was amazing"

is exactly the same expression I make whenever I see something adorable. She had one hand balled into a fist covering her mouth, which was genuinely smiling with a slight snicker. Just like me!