Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Azog vs Lurtz

Hive King

I absolutely refuse to support Azog and his CGI BS, so Lurtz wins regardless of any circumstances.  Lurtz could be armed with a plastic teaspoon and Azog with a fighter jet and I'd still say that Lurtz would win.

If you want an actual analysis though, I'm still going with Lurtz.  It's shown that he's pretty decent with a bow, and Azog wears minimal armor.  The warg would be shot out from under him and Azog would be pin-cushioned before he could do anything.  Even if they did enter melee combat, shields almost always come out on top.

I'm going with Lurtz. He was far more brutal, and his orc race is much more powerful than the previous one.

Maybe so, but Azog isn't an ordinary Orc. He's flinging dwarves in full armor around like rag dolls and his son can hold his own against Legolas(I'M A MOTHER FUCKING T-REX!)

Azog is stronger than Bolg who could hold his own against Legolas. Azog is going to win if it comes to close quarters 

Legolas is not known for his melee combat.  Sure, he's fast, but brute force is eventually going to win.  I wouldn't consider being able to hold off Legolas a terribly great feat.

Also, on the flip side, Azog himself got his hand chopped off by Thorin, who was wielding an oak branch as a shield.  Lurtz's steel shield would presumably fair much better.  (Thorin's later defeat at the hands of Azog I'll chalk up to Thorin being blinded by rage/being a complete moron by full-on charging a guy mounted on a giant warg.)

Legolas is not known for his melee combat.  Sure, he's fast, but brute force is eventually going to win.  I wouldn't consider being able to hold off Legolas a terribly great feat.

Also, on the flip side, Azog himself got his hand chopped off by Thorin, who was wielding an oak branch as a shield.  Lurtz's steel shield would presumably fair much better.  (Thorin's later defeat at the hands of Azog I'll chalk up to Thorin being blinded by rage/being a complete moron by full-on charging a guy mounted on a giant warg.)

Aren't elves supposed to be stronger than humans? I believe that's been said

And that was a lucky shot and you know it. 

Aren't elves supposed to be stronger than humans? I believe that's been said

And that was a lucky shot and you know it. 

More nimble and graceful, absolutely, but stronger?  I don't know actually.  Based on assumptions taken from various RPGs, no, elves are not stronger, but I don't have an answer based on Tolkien lore.  If you could find that quote, it would be appreciated.

And yes, I guess part of that was luck, but another part was Azog's overconfidence, which could be seen as another flaw.  That's not to say that Lurtz isn't overconfident as well (specifically noting the scene where he slides himself up Aragorn's sword...), so I guess neither of them have the advantage in that respect.

• Brohoof 1