Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Opinion on Rainbow Rocks' Music?

Cheez-It the Pegasus

I personally loved the music in Rainbow Rocks. I've been a fan of rock and metal for some time, so it was cool to see the former incorporated into the movie to some extent without losing the overall positive feel Friendship is Magic/EQG music has.

• Brohoof 3

What do I think of the music........When itunes released the soundtrack, I immediately downloaded it, plugged my phone into the USB port of my patrol vehicle, and cranked up the music. If anyone had a heart attack I never would have heard the radio. It was totally worth it :)

• Brohoof 2

I was a little underwhelmed by it; but the music in the first one grew on me so maybe this will as well? Still can't believe they cut out the best song though: Trixie's song was so good yet you barely get to hear any of it :(

• Brohoof 1

Excellent. Not only do they sound great, but the lyrics have also vastly improved since the first movie as well.

They're catchy, head-bobbing good. The rock was awesome, and especially the Dazzlings were fantastic.

• Brohoof 2

The Rainboom songs are the same kind of pop from the first film. They can be really catchy though, like the cafeteria theme, which I've listened to in at least five different languages, none of which I understand except English. I prefer the rock that the Dazzlings brought to the table, and Trixie's song has really grown on me. Once again, none of it is Shakespeare, but I guess I am a sucker for really catchy tunes. I've been all about Under Our Spell lately. I'm a little disappointed that a song that was apparently planned for Luna was cancelled, but what can you do?

Edited by Tross
  • Brohoof 1

i liked all the songs allot except awesome as i wanna be

I won't say that awesome as I wanna be was horrible; but seeing as it's was Dashies first solos song; I was expecting much more from it...

I thought it was pretty good, I especially loved Shake Your Tail. Keep playing it on my phones MP3 player. Just wish it was a bit longer, and they sung the chorus more times

The rest of the song's were pretty good to, but I'm not that obsessed with those at the moment 

Edited by Scootaloodle

I loved every single song in it. The music was a big part of what made the movie for me actually.  Oh, and the Dazzlings are awesome singers. I'm a bit sad we'll ( most likely ) never get more songs with them singing.

Personal favorites of mine were 'Welcome to the Show' and 'Shine like Rainbows'. Trixie's song has just recently grown on me too...

I won't say that awesome as I wanna be was horrible; but seeing as it's was Dashies first solos song; I was expecting much more from it...

i know i was really dissapointed but the main reason i didnt like it is cause it almost ruined the story

• Brohoof 1

You sick monster. You have no right to call yourself a brony.

No. It doesn't mean I can't call myself a fan of the frandom.

I just didn't like the music. 

If I'm gonna tell the truth I though the Rainbooms' songs weren't that great. Most were alright at best, since they felt just really close to the bland pop music you'll find in every children's movie. The Dazzelings stole the show (literally) with their awesome songs, but Trixie's song was really catchy. I mean, plot-wise, it would've put her in 1st place if the Dazzlings hadn't interfered.

Overall, Rainbow Rocks gets a 8.5/10 in my book 

• Brohoof 1

No. It doesn't mean I can't call myself a fan of the frandom.

I just didn't like the music. 

You're a fan of the fandom?

Funny. Most people are fans of the show. :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

What can I say? Welcome to the Show, how do I describe it? That song rocked harder than any power ballad, and I had an urge to wave a hand in the air. Also, that giant unicorn (or was it an alicorn, I forgot) was just epic, and I kinda wish now I could see it fight against Atomsk from FLCL xD

• Brohoof 2

Only listened to one by the dazzlings and trixie's and so far trixie's is my favorite. There might be better ones but trixie's song got me really hyped to see the movie and I almost want to go see it in theaters! I guess I'll wait til someone uploads it to youtube like I did with the first equestria girls.

• Brohoof 2