Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Opinion on Rainbow Rocks' Music?

Cheez-It the Pegasus

I thought it was really good. Much better than the generic pop of the first movie. My favorite is probably Shake Your Tail, and I felt Awesome as I wanna be Could have been left out.

The music was pretty good. There are several songs that stood out.

"Rainbow Rocks" was okay. I kinda liked the bass in it.

"Shake your Tail" was catchy. I see a LOT of remix potential for this song for like an electro party song (Hint, hint brony musicians)

The Rainbooms' part of "Welcome to the Show" was good. However, I cringe at Sunset's intro, I'm sorry.

I really liked "Shine Like Rainbows" It had good lyrics and can Applejack sing! Her intro to this song was really good. This song and the anime style artwork was made for a great ending credits sequence.

And I loved Snips and Snails rap, lol.

Edited by whitetiger187

The music in rainbow rocks is okay but I have to say I enjoyed the music from equestria girls more. The songs were more catchy and most of the songs in rainbow rocks were concert competition songs and that kind of song doesn't have much of a purpose. This is just my opinion, though. I'm not trying to come on to this thread and trash the music.

The music this time around

was well much to my shock: good!

Last EQ's music had like one good

song that I liked but the music this

time around,  I liked it all from

the Dazzling's to the Rainbooms

was good!  I think this time

around the  work team

had a better idea of

what they were doing!

My "opinion?"

Let me put it this way, I own the Sound Track.

At my Job (food service) we are allowed to plug our phones into a stereo to pump our jams.

I have spent the last 10 days playing this Sound Track over the kitchen.

Thats right, thats 80 hours of Rainbow Rocks.

(my crewbies know I am a Brony, and do not judge considering i could snap each of them in half a dozen times)

That being said, each of them, (10 human beings in total) have since come up to me in the past few weeks and asked "Where can i download these songs" or "whats this music from" or "...dude...you know, I ahm..I kinda am into MLP too.."

Friendship is Magic..but Magic is MUSIC!

• Brohoof 2

I just bought 2 of the songs today, 'Under our Spell' and 'Welcome to the Show' (Sunset vocals :D )

I might have to get 'Battle of the Bands' soon. Adagio's voice is very sensual.

"welcome to the show"

That song changed my Bronyhood.

I have mentioned this in another post, but the Moment Sunset takes the Mic, i crumble as a man. And I am a 30 year old, 6'2, military trained/ready, guy who works in a kitchen.

"Your never going to bring me down, your never going to break this part of me"

That single LINE, changed EVERYTHING..i HAVE LOVED, MLP since 1989, at age 6, I have loved the idea of talking ponies who do good to just do..well, good! But now as a full grown, mature and stable human male...I can not love it anymore thent his moment in this film.

I pump the shit out of this song, its perfect, its seductive, sensual and pure in all forms of the art of lyrics and strings. But that line girl...that line...:trembles: If i could live my life to one single mention of a few words and thoughts strung together, its those.

Well done DHX, you have just secured this fans LIFE, to your product. Toys? TV series? Movies? Postures from Red bubble? you  name it, you got my meager non-Obama leeched income from, its all yours, because..you get it. You get with such a plot driven lyric in a 12 year old "i don't know who i am yet" driven lyric song for girls..you capture the single most feral part of me, the part that will NOT ever do wrong, that won't ever hide from a challenge, and that will ALWAYS, stand up for who he is, for his friends, his life, his pack and family..."eeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyup" you got me..well done..well fucking done..

Thank you!

At first I was skeptical that I would enjoy the music. After watching it though I really liked the incorporation of the more intense rock songs. and before anyone says "well its called 'Rainbow Rocks' for a reason." I was under the impression that they wouldn't incorporate the heaver beats as they did in an attempt to keep it more toward the targeted demographic. This notion of mine was especially broken after the sirens part of Welcome to the Show.  

"welcome to the show"

That song changed my Bronyhood.

I have mentioned this in another post, but the Moment Sunset takes the Mic, i crumble as a man. And I am a 30 year old, 6'2, military trained/ready, guy who works in a kitchen.

"Your never going to bring me down, your never going to break this part of me"

That single LINE, changed EVERYTHING..i HAVE LOVED, MLP since 1989, at age 6, I have loved the idea of talking ponies who do good to just do..well, good! But now as a full grown, mature and stable human male...I can not love it anymore thent his moment in this film.

I pump the shit out of this song, its perfect, its seductive, sensual and pure in all forms of the art of lyrics and strings. But that line girl...that line...:trembles: If i could live my life to one single mention of a few words and thoughts strung together, its those.

Well done DHX, you have just secured this fans LIFE, to your product. Toys? TV series? Movies? Postures from Red bubble? you  name it, you got my meager non-Obama leeched income from, its all yours, because..you get it. You get with such a plot driven lyric in a 12 year old "i don't know who i am yet" driven lyric song for girls..you capture the single most feral part of me, the part that will NOT ever do wrong, that won't ever hide from a challenge, and that will ALWAYS, stand up for who he is, for his friends, his life, his pack and family..."eeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyup" you got me..well done..well fucking done..

Thank you!

I was buzzing when the microphone fell to her, my reaction to her singing was akin to 2:20 of this video ;)

Shimmering...(I am so calling you Shimey! ^.^)..you get it...

Honestly, and from the core of reality that is Male-Soldier-Protector based breeding, life and understading of our task on this world (to die and to fight, and to bleed and win for our home) you get it. I respect that. I respect that your so open to the fact that a man/women who can be so hard as to kill, can be so broken, to cracked and opened at there very heart to the single moment that is TRUE nature, if its Frozen, if its Zira calling out for understanding to her Cubs in the Lion king 2, or if its Sunset standing up for her friends, you see it.

Thank you.

You get it.

Didn't have any stand out anthems like the Cafeteria song, but overall was far more solid than EQG1. Gonna get the album, or maybe wait and see if there will be bonus tracks in the coming months, like the Snips & Snails rap, Twi's first attempt at a musical counter spell anda full version of Welcome to the Show.