Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Those Who Saw EQG2 In Theaters: How Many Bronies Were There Compared To Kids?

Denim&Venöm

For those of you who saw EQG2 in theaters, how many kids and their parents did you see compared to Bronies in the audience? I'm curious because I just saw EQG2 for the second time. The first time had two dozen or so children and less than a handful of us. But tonight's showing was a complete reversal. Twenty or so Bronies and only one or two kids. I'm just wondering what it was like on your guys ends. 

• Brohoof 2

Almost entirely families with kids. Some were boys, but that's not really any consolation. There were a couple grannies too. Aside from my friend and I, there was one group of four(two guys, two girls) around our age sitting in the front row, but that's about it for Bronies.

for EQG 1 it was about 18 or so bronies, and half as many kids. For EQG 2 I went to a kinda backwoods theater, and it was me and 2 dozen little girls with their parents. I've gotta say, while it was cool to see brownies in the wild, it was so much fun to watch EQG 2 with the kids, and me being the only adult fan in the theater. They LOVE Derpy, she consistently got the biggest pop every time she was on screen.

• Brohoof 1

i watched it with my little sister and there were more children there, well  i think all the adults there had children accompanying them although i dont know whether any of those adults were a brony like me  

When I saw it the theater wasn't really all that crowded. There was a group of about half a dozen high-schoolish kids who were clearly bronies. Then there were a handful of families with kids. I didn't really scrutinize the audience all that much beyond that. I admit I was  a tad bit self-conscious so I wasn't really looking around too much.

When I went to see the movie yesterday, besides me, there was about... uh... around 5-7 bronies (One of them being a female.) And I remember about 3 kids.

However, when I went yesterday, even during the movie the majority of the seats were empty. When I first entered the theater 30 minutes before the movie started, the only person in there was one brony, who I talked to, and he gave me a small Twilycane pin clip (That you put on a shirt.) He said that he manufactures them for a living.

post-27192-0-26930100-1412249709_thumb.jpg

post-27192-0-26930100-1412249709_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 4

I was the only one in the theater other than a couple about my age who was sitting in front of me. I was kinda disappointed. Part of the reason why I saw this movie was to maybe see some fellow bronies in my area.

The BYU Bronies negotiated a deal with the theatre, So more Bronies than kids. there were like 3:1 Bronies to children. Which is OK, I paid four bucks to see it. It was much better than the first one.They certainly made this one with the Bronies in mind. No spoiler but it makes me kinda like Sunset Shimmer.

It was pretty evened out for me. Alot of the parents who were at my theatre were impressed that I wanted to see the movie. There were plenty of bronies around so it was pretty cool. Out of curiosity any south carolina bronies here??? Lol

• Brohoof 1

The theater I went to was ( surprisingly ) pretty packed. From what I saw, I'd say it was 70% families and 30% bronies. ( Although, it was kind of hard to tell with families. There were a lot of boys with their parents that looked age 10-14, so if all of them were bronies, the brony percentage I gave would go up. )

However, when I went yesterday, even during the movie the majority of the seats were empty. When I first entered the theater 30 minutes before the movie started, the only person in there was one brony, who I talked to, and he gave me a small Twilycane pin clip (That you put on a shirt.) He said that he manufactures them for a living.

attachicon.gif10007322_10152722396384089_6272110890776830401_o.jpg

Manufacturing Twilycane pins for a living? That's a high class job he's got there... must be filthy rich. :comeatus:

But in all seriousness, that's a pretty cool pin.

The BYU Bronies negotiated a deal with the theatre
There's a BYU brony group? :wacko: Never knew that.

Sounds like something I'll join... if it's still around in 3 or so years. :please:

When I went it was about 80% Bronies. But then there wasn't that many people there. Maybe about 2 dozen. I only saw about 4 little girls with families/parents.

I think the small showing was due to a lack of advertising. If I hadn't gotten the show time off of Equestria Daily I would have never known it was playing. It was not on the marquee. There were no signs or posters for it. It was just a one-night one-hour showing.

Wait what? There's a 2 out  :o ?!?? Wow, I havenT even heard about it. Gaa I'm always on the outer circle. Sucks I can't even go see it. I may be 18 but my parents won't let me out of their sight unless they approve. Let's jus say they don't necessarily know about me being a brony. Thy already worry I'm gay because I am more interested in completing college andjoiniNg the USAF tha getting a girl friend. The lasting i want them to know is that I'm a brony. I'd never hear the end of itit

Wait what? There's a 2 out  :o ?!?? Wow, I havenT even heard about it. Gaa I'm always on the outer circle. Sucks I can't even go see it. I may be 18 but my parents won't let me out of their sight unless they approve. Let's jus say they don't necessarily know about me being a brony. Thy already worry I'm gay because I am more interested in completing college andjoiniNg the USAF tha getting a girl friend. The lasting i want them to know is that I'm a brony. I'd never hear the end of itit

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls/dp/B00LOCLANY

Maybe this will help you. :D

When I went last Saturday, it was about 85% full.

40% was bronies, 45% was families.

But those aren't great numbers, since there was kind of a mix, too.

Talked to one guy who was there with his wife and daughter, and he was the one who got them into the show, not the other way around, so he fit into both categories.

That sort of thing.

But it was a pretty even split to anyone just looking into the theater, for sure.

• Brohoof 1

A music themed movie. Sounds neat. I let this will feature Vinyl Scratch (DJ Pon-3) in it. That would be awesome. I've always thought that the show never gave her enough cam time. Guess its off to u tube to find out what this movie is about

A music themed movie. Sounds neat. I let this will feature Vinyl Scratch (DJ Pon-3) in it. That would be awesome. I've always thought that the show never gave her enough cam time. Guess its off to u tube to find out what this movie is about

What like this?

If you haven't seen them already, then you really ought to watch the Rainbow Rocks shorts. There are eight of them including the one I just posted.

For those of you who saw EQG2 in theaters, how many kids and their parents did you see compared to Bronies in the audience? I'm curious because I just saw EQG2 for the second time. The first time had two dozen or so children and less than a handful of us. But tonight's showing was a complete reversal. Twenty or so Bronies and only one or two kids. I'm just wondering what it was like on your guys ends. 

Word of mouth is getting around that it doesn't suck. :derp:

It was actually 50/50 in my theater last Saturday. There were a few meet ups that helped push it to that level though. 

Ya....you need to get the hell out of that situation. Join the USAF, get stationed at a PRP base in the middle of nowhere, so you never have to deploy, and actually assert some independence.