Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Those Who Saw EQG2 In Theaters: How Many Bronies Were There Compared To Kids?

Denim&Venöm

My dad doesn't like the idea of a 14 year old male openly liking MLP. Not in the "STOPIT" way, more of the "I don't believe you." way.

Funny, because I somewhat had this problem when I told my Mom I wanted her to drop me off at the theater to see Rainbow Rocks. She didn't believe that I actually wanted to see it, despite me watching MLP all the time. I don't get it... :unsure:

Somehow she changed her mind.

• Brohoof 1

None because:

My mom doesn't have much money.

My dad doesn't like the idea of a 14 year old male openly liking MLP. Not in the "STOPIT" way, more of the "I don't believe you." way.

I'm so glad I was an adult and long out of school by the time pony came around. Hell, I was glad to be 19 when World of Warcraft launched in 2004. There's no way I would have gotten away with that if I was still in school.

• Brohoof 1

Other than me, there was two girls, two guys and 1 guy sitting with me, it's interesting the theater I went to, they actually separated the kids from us so we saw the movie without having to hear children making noises. Kind of nice actually, not fun seeing a kids movie and hearing children act up.

Other than me, there was two girls, two guys and 1 guy sitting with me, it's interesting the theater I went to, they actually separated the kids from us so we saw the movie without having to hear children making noises. Kind of nice actually, not fun seeing a kids movie and hearing children act up.

HA! I would have thought it would be the other way around. Separate the kids so the kids don't have to hear the adults act up whenever a background pony was on screen or someone said or did something suggestive.

• Brohoof 1

I got almost as lucky as you, the kids were in the same theater as us when I went to see it, but the kids we got barely talked throughout the movie, they only talked before, and after the movie,

Infact, if I were to say, the person who spoke the most during the movie was me, lol

I finally saw it yesterday. Bought my tickets online just to be safe. Theaters near me I think literally sold out every show (I know it was sold out today AND last Sunday when we tried the first time).

When I went yesterday it was mostly bronies with a few moms/kids. It was fun.

It's just annoying because I don't think that these theaters realize that there are tons of fans who are willing to go out of their way to go see this movie. A lot of us drove 30-40 minutes just to get there.

Dang, I was gonna go see it for my birthday on the 27th, and then I chickened out... :unsure:  Ended up seeing it later though.

Just wondering, but are there any Sacramento bronies who went to that meet up at Tower Theater? :derp:

There were a few kids here and there, but the majority were bronies. I saw two people cosplaying at Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. :D I even took my Rarity plushie to watch it. (I just now came back from watching it actually.)

Awesome, what did you think of it?

Just saw it and I'd have to say the kids still outnumbered the older fans, but only just. Including me, there were maybe around twelve to fifteen older fans give or take (which is still way more than I expected), including a group of five, three of which were cosplaying as Applejack, Rainbow and Fluttershy respectively and one...very enthusiastic dude who made his opinion known several times throughout the film. Especially at the end when the stinger popped up and he cheered at the top of his lungs, prompting just about everyone to turn and look at him.  

Edited by PoisonClaw

HA! I would have thought it would be the other way around. Separate the kids so the kids don't have to hear the adults act up whenever a background pony was on screen or someone said or did something suggestive.

You stole the words from me. XD

Yeah, from what I've heard, usually it's the bronies making all the noise and being annoying.

• Brohoof 1

Im real tempted to see it now! Seems like it was just as good as the 1st. I seen the rainbow rock previews and it looks really cool. I hope it gets uploaded to utube soon. Theres no way id be able to live down asking then to rake me to the movies to see, what they call, a "girl" show.

I've noticed a few minors in this thread, such as the post above, who are too afraid to ask their parents to take them to RR, or their parents just don't understand. The only way to handle this is like an adult, and calmly, and articulately explain to them the appeal the show has on you on a personal level, as well as to the millions of adult fans at large. Presenting facts is the only way you'll get what you want here.

The viewing I went to wasn't the first one for it in the theater I went to, so I'm sure it was more populated previously. When I went, the theater wasn't too full, but of those that were there, I'd say it was about 50/50 between kids and adults. It was actually rather refreshing to see; I prefer seeing a mix of the fandom with the kids personally. I can't say anything about the mix of boys vs girls there though. Honestly I didn't even think about that; everyone there is just a fan of the show to me :)

Edited by Solles

I think I got pretty lucky at the theater I went to.  Before the previews started, about two kids were there and that was it.  After a few minutes, a bunch of bronies and pegasisters (10 or so) came in.  I didn't talk to any of them, but it was cool to watch the movie with people who could catch all the fan service!  :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

95% of the people at the theater were bronies. Only a few children were there.

I think I got pretty lucky at the theater I went to. Before the previews started, about two kids were there and that was it. After a few minutes, a bunch of bronies and pegasisters (10 or so) came in. I didn't talk to any of them, but it was cool to watch the movie with people who could catch all the fan service! :lol:

Did you happen to see the movie at Balboa theater when it first came out? Because my experience is exactly like yours.

It was amazing. :D I'm going to watch it again when it comes out to DVD.

I preordered a BLU RAY, DVD, and DIGITAL DOWNLOAD pack of the movie for 15 dollars, what a steal!

Edited by Shadowking58