Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever get jealous by looking at somebody else's art?

Slice0Pie

Do you get jealous?  

79 users have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

I used to; especially when it was close (internet) friends who could draw REALLY well. However, I kinda grew out of that and am more than happy to have people draw for me. Really, their talents are worth the price they request, and it's an honor to see my characters in their style. :)

Certainly. I'm a passable artist myself, however it's a fairly natural emotion to admire somebody else's work with the hope that you could make something on the same level.

So far I've yet to meet anyone, aspiring artist or not, who saw an incredible painting and said "damn, I'm so happy I'm not good enough to draw that." 

Generally speaking: No.  I'm more an admirer of others' art than a jealousy jealous pants.  It also isn't often that I feel as though my "art" is better (largely subjective anyhow) than someone else's. x )  So if I were the type that gets jealous, I'd be jealous pretty much constantly lol.

Most of the time I do get jealous of other people's art work, "Why can't I draw like that?!"  It can be pretty frustrating when trying to practice your own art skill.  I often quit working on my own skill because I get that worked up about it.  It takes time and practice to get to that desired level of work that I want to get to, unfortunately, I keep forgetting that bit when trying to practice. -_- 

• Brohoof 1

Of course. I see great art done in, oh, two hours, by my friend (who will not be named), who I know is a few years older than me. My art takes forever and I'm terrible at shading and proportions and the circles and ellipses never work for me. I often get jealous, not just because my friend's better or has more faves or whatever, but because I would REALLY LIKE ONE OF THOSE DRAWING TABLETS. UGGGHHH.

Buuuuut then I see my other friend's (who will also not be named) artwork, who is just a year or two older than me. And I feel fine.

Kind of depends on how good I am at something. In regards to drawing pones, yes, I'm quite jealous of folks like Dennybutt who have a distinctive, amazingly adorable style that is loved by many. Sure, my stuff is respectably show accurate, but aside from that, there's really nothing special about my pony art that distinguishes it from any other artist who goes for show accuracy.

Now as far as other musicians are concerned, I very rarely get jealous. When someone one-ups me composition wise, I tend to take it as a personal challenge. I'll analyze the weaknesses in their music (poor mixing, lack of dynamics, predictable time signatures/chord progressions/melodies etc.) and strive to do better. Perhaps that sounds a little arrogant, but...well, a competitive mentality is often a great catalyst for thinking outside the box.

Of course! Everyone has the desire to improve on their talents, such as art. When I scroll through the Drawfriends on ED, I see many wonderful masterpieces. As a drawer myself, I strive to improve on the talent I was given, and to do this I look at people's art for inspiration.

I sometimes get jealous, but less than I used to do. I feel bad when I feel jealous because I shouldn't be jealous. 

I used to draw a bit so yeah I could get jealous of others' art, but not anymore. :)

I know that I'll never be a good drawer so I'm not jealous at all.

All the bucking time dude, you wouldn't believe it. like art is something i've always wanted to get into but i'll never be good at it because i dont hold pens and paintbrushes and stuff right, it's a long story -_-