Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Sunset the new Element of Magic?

SailorMedamonGirl1

• 7 months later...

I hope that she's not. It'd be interesting to see more elements than the initial 6.

Off the top of my head...

- Wisdom

- Forgiveness

- Courage

- Tolerance (or Understanding)

- Honor

- Diligence

- Prudence (or Control or Restraint)

- Patience (This could arguable be merged with Prudence)

- Hope

- Justice

- Fortitude

One idea that springs to mind is if, in the main series(FiM, which I don't even watch) they add a secondary group of Element bearers.

I'll get this out of the way now before anyone starts saying the things I mentioned are "not elements of harmony"(which has happened before), what makes the current elements of harmony worthy of their station? Saying Magic is an element of harmony is like saying Electricity, Energy or Television is an element of harmony, and implying it is needed by people is tantamount to a drug addiction. Laughter is also arguably not necessary for people to attain harmony.

Half half chance~ xD :DD <3 <3 => We did see her transformation thing in Rainbow Rocks right?  :wub:  :love: But I don't think it practically means there's a new element~ xD  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:

What we did see, though, is a seventh colour added to the Rainbow of Friendship in addition to Twilight's.

Edited by Evil_Emperor

She is kind of an element of harmony, which is pretty lame considering there should be only 6 (or maybe she is from the EQGverse?)

I dunno, maybe it's a bit naive to think it should or would be set in stone that there can only ever be 6.

I dunno, maybe it's a bit naive to think it should or would be set in stone that there can only ever be 6.

It's just too random to say "actually, there is a seventh element, get rekt m8" like in the movie, sme clarifications would be good :/

It's just too random to say "actually, there is a seventh element, get rekt m8" like in the movie, sme clarifications would be good :/

It looks like you're deliberately demonizing the concept and trying to put it into as unflattering terms as possible. What if we discovered a new element to the periodic table of elements? Would it undermine the entire table and the related scientific fields? Or if we discovered we could improve a formulae by adding new elements? The 6 elements they use now could simply be what was needed up until now, when the time comes they may need more than what they have. Like I said in an earlier post, some elements they're using are arguably not necessary for "Harmony", particularly magic, which is supposed to be the most powerful.

It's also never really stated what Sunset Shimmer contributed besides her friendship power, so we're just guessing at the moment and I'm sure they will explain it later, so your analogy and why you are bothered is moot.

Edited by Evil_Emperor

It looks like you're deliberately demonizing the concept and trying to put it into as unflattering terms as possible. What if we discovered a new element to the periodic table of elements? Would it undermine the entire table and the related scientific fields? Or if we discovered we could improve a formulae by adding new elements? The 6 elements they use now could simply be what was needed up until now, when the time comes they may need more than what they have. Like I said in an earlier post, some elements they're using are arguably not necessary for "Harmony", particularly magic, which is supposed to be the most powerful.

It's also never really stated what Sunset Shimmer contributed besides her friendship power, so we're just guessing at the moment, so your analogy and why you are bothered is moot.

I'm not trying to demonize anything :o I'm also not against some new elements, I just demand that they give us an explanation to what she is supposed to represent. It could be true that up until now, 6 are only what they needed, it also could be that The Elements of Harmony are not related to Harmony at all  :lol:

Indeed, Sunset could just have added raw power, that's my actual thinking, but the subject is about her being an element or not, I should have added "maybe" in my original post?  

Hasn't anypony else read the book titled "Sunset Shimmer's Time to Shine" besides me? If not,I would recommend doing so

because I think it answers this question about what Sunset's element of Harmony might be. And the end of Rainbow Rocks may

support it, like when Sunset is trying to get Angel down from whatever it was that he was sitting on and Bulk Biceps came up

behind her and helpfully boosted her up on his shoulder so she better reach Angel better than her jumping up and down did.

No. I think Sunset Shimmer is going to have or be her own element, and Alternate Twilight will be the element of Magic depending on the outcome of Friendship Games.

Edited by UnknownFry

Hasn't anypony else read the book titled "Sunset Shimmer's Time to Shine" besides me? If not,I would recommend doing so

because I think it answers this question about what Sunset's element of Harmony might be. And the end of Rainbow Rocks may

support it, like when Sunset is trying to get Angel down from whatever it was that he was sitting on and Bulk Biceps came up

behind her and helpfully boosted her up on his shoulder so she better reach Angel better than her jumping up and down did.

I'd like to ask what element of harmony this is, but I would think it'd be considered a spoiler.

I don't really think so.

With the elements of harmony put back into the tree of harmony I don't really think they will be connecting with anyone anytime soon.

Plus the EQG world still has a Twilight and if the mane 5's human counterparts are somehow still attached to the elements, then I don't see why SciTwi wouldn't be connected to the element of magic.

I sorta think she acts as the element of Magic in the absence of Twilight. I agree though that she shouldn't simply be a copy of Twilight, and I'm glad she has her own struggles and development.

That's what I think too, she's sort of the replacement for Twilight in the human world.