Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you use profanities?

RainbowMau

Do you say things like "fuck", "shit", "son of a bitch" very often? Or do you prefer to keep your mouth "clean"? :P

Everytime I can I say things from my language like "jueputa" or "mierda", specially when I'm angry enough :angry:

• Brohoof 1

In my mind or either the first two letters than say some jubly-boo. I never appreciated the use of swear words, I couldn't and cant handle it.

I made it to grade 10 without using them, I hope to keep it that way.

(I usually quote PewDiePie when I get mad at something and say something that he said that I assumed was a swear word, but no one would know, not even me.)

• Brohoof 1

When something or someome REALLY pisses me off, that's when I go out and swear my butt off.

Not sure why I became a potty mouth, but I try not to say bad words at inappropriate times.

It's a habit for me. I swear quite a bit. I mean, I'm not a sailor-mouth, but still. My most used is probably fuck.

A bit, especially if I'm mad. On here or in online games, I tend to keep it clean. My brother cusses like a sailor in front of my little cousin, so my little cousin wants me to swear, but I refuse to adulterate his youthful mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if i was the most vulgar person on the forums, I like to keep it off the boards but irl, holy shit I swear like a whole crew of sailors 

• Brohoof 1

Parental advisory: strong language :V

A whole lot, especially the italian version of "fuck" (only because, like its english variant, you can add it to any fucking sentence and it will still make some fucking sense, fuck.)

However I don't use them as an insult most of the times. Of course I can easily keep my mouth clean in formal conversations, it's not like I have tourette's. But here, especially among friends, swearing is VERY common and not considered offensive a lot.

Hell, sometimes adding them to a joke can make it funny (because, let's face it, we still have that inner sixth grader that still laughs at profanities and sex jokes :V)

• Brohoof 3

I swear a lot and it's kind of a bad habit. Sometimes they just slip out, or sometimes I say them way too loud. I swear a lot less on here because it's the mlp forums and I expect there to be children to be present on this site, albeit that's probably unlikely considering parents wouldn't want their child talking to some dudes on the internet who like a little girl's show, but then again a lot of parents don't monitor what their kid is doing, and end up wondering why their kid is asking them what rule 34 is or something they shouldn't know about, and blame it on someone else rather than their irresponsibility, but i digress.

• Brohoof 1

I started to decrease the amount of swear words I used a year ago because it was really beginning to bother me.  I think I started to use them more often when I joined a steel company and had to coordinate my work with all of the guys in the shop - pretty much anything goes out there.

I've been much better lately, and I like it a lot better this way.  Partly because when I finally do use a swear, it has more of an effect.

On a related note, I no longer flip off bad drivers when I'm driving.  The last time I did that the guy chased me and I had to lose him on side streets.  Luckily, I drive a white Toyota Camry, so it's not like he'll ever recognize my car if he sees me again.

Yeah, I swear quite a bit.

However, I do keep my mouth clean on the Internet unless it's necessary. Otherwise I don't see much point in saying profanity all the time.

Yeah, every now and then I'll drop an f-bomb or some other curse word. I do it when I'm mad or annoyed, but I'll only swear to someone I feel comfortable enough around, not to a stranger or a professional of some sort (teacher, business person, etc.).

It's not something I like to talk about but back in about 2009 or so I used to go on online chats and swear, I didn't swear a ton but I was a young kid so I thought it was funny.  Eventually my parents caught me and that day I have been scarred for life so ever since that day I have stopped swearing XD

• Brohoof 1

I typically don't.  It lost its charm a long time ago (if you can even call it 'charm').  I have to get really worked up to use profanities, which is really how it should be if you ask me.

There was a Mythbusters episode where they showed that uttering profanities while in pain seems to reduce the overall intensity of the pain felt by the person, but only if the person believes the word to be a profanity.  It's an interesting little psychological thing.  If this is true, then my thought is, using profanities in casual conversation could potentially get you "used" to them, and they won't be as effective at steeling yourself against pain (since your mind sees it as a casual word instead of an actual profanity).  All the more reason not to use them unless needed.

• Brohoof 1

I do, yes.  Usually in order to: 1. add a certain emphasis, 2. make someone chuckle, 3. better express my anger (particularly if I've just banged my elbow on something).  I'm not going to swear nonstop in the face of a teary-eyed eight-year-old or anything like that.  But, unless it's being used to deliberately hurt / attack someone, uttering profanity shouldn't necessarily be this shocked gasp-inducing, unthinkable practice.  It's also entirely possible to be both eloquent AND effectively utilize profanity.  See: George Carlin.

• Brohoof 2

Usually I don't get any worse than SOB, but I might drop an f-bomb if I get really, REALLY pissed to the point of seeing red(but it takes a lot to push me that far)

I'm much more restrained online.