Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you use profanities?

RainbowMau

I never swear. Profane words make me feel uncomfortable for a number of reasons. There are many substitutes for common cuss words. I can understand people swearing when they're very angry or hurt but I think it's silly how people throw swear words around every time they speak.

• Brohoof 1

Outside of home and school, I do swear quite a bit, but not all the time. Whenever I'm having a conversation with a friend (or my Dad), we'd swear every few sentences, even when we're talking about a serious topic XD. But even I have my limits. I refuse to say any racial or homophobic slurs. Oh, and I rarely ever use the "c" word (only when I'm describing someone that I find unbearably loathsome)

It's merican' right to curse mofos!!! So suck it!!! :umad: lol jk

But seriously, I do curse on an average of 10 times a day at most. It just depends on my mood too. I'm not one who will keep it clean for everyone but I do control myself when need be. Whether we like it or not, cursing is part of the flow of most languages. You cannot say that it's bad if it's used so often. No one really cares of someone is butt hurt due to bad language. Really, who frickin' cares? I mean really? Nothing anyone could say or do could block out what we can and cannot say. We have freedom of speech no mater how much we get stopped or blocked. People that do have a problem with it need to get over it and move on.  :comeatus:

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

I used to never swear. Like, at all. Then I got a job in retail. And now I swear pretty much all the time. I use the f-word in casual conversation and don't think twice about it. However, I do try and be more careful when I'm in public, especially around kids. But, when my friends and I are together, especially when I'm with my BFF, the filter just shuts off.

But, I've been better about it lately. I promise!

Not often. It's a filthy habit with no point of purpose other than enforcing or enhancing whatever the topic is about. It may be a habit brought from similar group ages or people that also do it which creates the habit in itself. I see it on here a lot though.

*cough*staff members*cough* (wipe your keyboard off) :)

• Brohoof 1

I say fuck and various adaptations on the word in almost every sentence, just for emphasis. Fuck-a-doodle-doo is a personal favourite catchphrase stolen from Shaun Of The Dead.

On the Internet I try to keep it at a minimum as I do not want to upset kids/parents.

I remember a scene in "The Mummy". After he tells a fantastic story from behind bars, Rachel Weiss asks Brendan Fraser, "Do you swear?"

He replies with "Every damn day."

That's me.

All the ding dang doodly time!

I swear often. Perhaps it's just that Australian charm, but swearing in general language is pretty normal here. It's much easier too, to have fallback words and swears to use, instead of having to think of specific phrases.

Usually the only person to hear me swear is myself, so I'm not sure it really counts. I DID let one slip on accident in front of my mom, but in that instance she thought it was hilarious. My reaction when I realized what I'd said probably helped, as I immediately went, "Oops" with these big ol' little kid eyes, and slapped my hand over my mouth. I did get bopped on the back of the head for it, but mostly we just laughed. XDD

But for the most part, I try to avoid it.

I was always raised that swearing is for unintelligent people that aren't articulate enough to express their feelings in any other way.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

My mother was a constant thrower of "Fuck!" and my Dad wasn't all that different either, though not as much as my Mom. As such, I end up cursing like a goddamn fucking sailor every damn day. It's certainly a bad habit, but it's ingrained into my personality. Without, I feel I would lose any impact I have.

I do rein it in during church though, so that's good

I probably swear more than how much is considered to be acceptable by the good majority of society.  :please:

I honestly couldn't care less about how much I swear.

I do manage to control it when I know I'd get in trouble (ie. in front of parents), and am pretty good at it.

Edited by Wyzecat

It's..quite pitiful, actually. xD

I sometimes mouth or breathe the words when I'm alone, but that's pretty much all I'll do. My mom and my fourteen year old sister both swear pretty casually from time to time, so you'd think it'd be fine if I do it as well - especially since I turned 18 in December - but not too long ago my sister thought I swore, and both she and my mom flipped out on me. I hate conflict, so I just don't do it, because I don't want them getting in my face about it, even if it is unfair and hypocritical of them. At this point I don't even know if I'll swear once I move out.

I can't say that I have much, there are never really times when it is appropriate. That and thinking about what you are actually saying when you say it is a bit funny to think about when literally translated by someone else.