Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Your Never gonna bring me down..."

Gustyvelvet

Ok, I have to post this, and frankly i am sure its been discussed to death but...its too emotional for me not to want to draw attention to this.

"Your never going to bring me down, your never going to break this part of me!"

This single sung line, towards the end of the film "Rainbow Rocks" hissed between the lips of none other then Sunset Shimmer...made me tremble. And I do NOT mean the "emotional feels" of the modern internet generation, i mean to my fucking CORE.

I have lived my life by these words, since like age 15, and at the adult years of 30 winters I still live by this ideal, that nothing can push me down save for myself, that NOTHING can touch me if i don't let it. And too hear this, to hear this screamed in defiance, in a sing manner, but still, to foes from the voice and beat of this films atmosphere, well...i cryed.

Thats right!!!  I broke into tears...judge all you want haters, its fine. Go ahead...

The point of this thread is thus.

This moment in the film, sold it for me. It changed EVERYTHING in my minds eye i thought about Sunset, it changed my entire view on what the current gen of MLP was, and it made me feel a warmth to every cell of my body. I have known since i was a Filly that music has a deep touching on the human soul, that its the speaking of our minds, our arts, and our bodies all bound to one voice, that is music. But untill this line was spoken to my ears, sung with such defiance, such passion..i broke. I have not shed a tear since my Grandmothers death nearly 10 years ago, and this let the flood gates loose.

This film is amazing, ive payed to see it 5 times, and watched it online 10 more times, i suppourt it, i offer it to anyone who isnt a Brony, who "lol pony fucking faggots" or whatever the jerks of this world wish to call us, WATCH THIS FILM.

Sunset has changed in my very visage, from a bad girl gone to darkness, to rebirth, to ackward teen, to..well..shes replaced Twilight for me in the mane6..give us a third film, give it now, and let Shimmer..shine...thank you Hasbro, thank you DHX, thank you ANYONE who has worked on this film. At this for this male human being, some random number int his world of billions, you have touched me. And given me, the view on life, in mirror image i have always born...thank you.

Sunset, while your not my Waifu, I would KILL to RP a character such as you at my weekly D&d ring.....in fact...:begins scribbling notes:

WATCH THIS MOVIE! LISTEN TO THIS SONG, FEEL THE HEAT OF PASSION IN YOU! FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!

• Brohoof 6

Ok, I have to post this, and frankly i am sure its been discussed to death but...its too emotional for me not to want to draw attention to this.

"Your never going to bring me down, your never going to break this part of me!"

This single sung line, towards the end of the film "Rainbow Rocks" hissed between the lips of none other then Sunset Shimmer...made me tremble. And I do NOT mean the "emotional feels" of the modern internet generation, i mean to my fucking CORE.

I have lived my life by these words, since like age 15, and at the adult years of 30 winters I still live by this ideal, that nothing can push me down save for myself, that NOTHING can touch me if i don't let it. And too hear this, to hear this screamed in defiance, in a sing manner, but still, to foes from the voice and beat of this films atmosphere, well...i cryed.

Thats right!!!  I broke into tears...judge all you want haters, its fine. Go ahead...

The point of this thread is thus.

This moment in the film, sold it for me. It changed EVERYTHING in my minds eye i thought about Sunset, it changed my entire view on what the current gen of MLP was, and it made me feel a warmth to every cell of my body. I have known since i was a Filly that music has a deep touching on the human soul, that its the speaking of our minds, our arts, and our bodies all bound to one voice, that is music. But untill this line was spoken to my ears, sung with such defiance, such passion..i broke. I have not shed a tear since my Grandmothers death nearly 10 years ago, and this let the flood gates loose.

This film is amazing, ive payed to see it 5 times, and watched it online 10 more times, i suppourt it, i offer it to anyone who isnt a Brony, who "lol pony fucking faggots" or whatever the jerks of this world wish to call us, WATCH THIS FILM.

Sunset has changed in my very visage, from a bad girl gone to darkness, to rebirth, to ackward teen, to..well..shes replaced Twilight for me in the mane6..give us a third film, give it now, and let Shimmer..shine...thank you Hasbro, thank you DHX, thank you ANYONE who has worked on this film. At this for this male human being, some random number int his world of billions, you have touched me. And given me, the view on life, in mirror image i have always born...thank you.

Sunset, while your not my Waifu, I would KILL to RP a character such as you at my weekly D&d ring.....in fact...:begins scribbling notes:

WATCH THIS MOVIE! LISTEN TO THIS SONG, FEEL THE HEAT OF PASSION IN YOU! FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!

I agree. Normally, I regret watching spoilers for movies I want to watch, but I'm so glad I saw this scene. It gives me almost as strong feels as Terra's "I will protect everyone!" line in Dissidia, or Sailor Moon begging her silver crystal to give her the strength to protect everyone.

I do agree, Sunset Shimmer's heel-face turn was one of the highlights of the film and one of the reasons this movie is preferred to the original.

In a way, I also love Sunset's role in this film as compared to the remainder of the Mane 6, especially Twilight. She's not the frontwoman of the band nor does she try to be, in fact, she doesn't actually perform with the band. She supports the band behind the scenes, keeping them together and aiding in the planning and execution of their defeat of the Dazzlings. Fittingly, the Dazzlings saw Sunset's position and attempted to incite jealousy in her by using this fact to manipulate her.

While people loved Spike's supporting role in the original movie, Sunset was in this place for this one, and had the huge advantages of a strong, relatable backstory and a fleshed-out character arc. Sorry, Spike. :(

The combination of her overcoming of her past demons (no pun intended) and the uniqueness of her supporting role really pushed the right buttons and made one of the saving graces of this movie.

The end songs as a whole was very well written, and the last minute and a quarter even felt like a love ballad. "Welcome to the Show" is definitely one of Daniel Ingram's best.

• Brohoof 1

I completely agree with you.

I'd say more, but you stole the words from my mouth.

The end songs as a whole was very well written, and the last minute and a quarter even felt like a love ballad. "Welcome to the Show" is definitely one of Daniel Ingram's best.

In my opinion, it's not even ONE of the best. It IS the best. :comeatus:

I love the transitions between the Dazzlings and the Rainbooms. Sunset's solo was just the icing on the cake.

The only thing I hated about that part was Twilight's "Sunset Shimmer, we need YOOOOOOOOUUUUU!", completely killing the suspense. But otherwise I loved the finale, and Sunset Shimmer. The thought of an "Equestria Academy" spin off series doesn't sound so bad anymore. Might even be more interesting in it than a fifth season of My Little Pony, we'll see

Edited by Jaref

When I heard that line on the soundtrack a few weeks before I saw the film, I had a similar reaction. Chills, excitement, actual shock when I realized that my hopes for a fully fleshed out redemption arc might just happen.

Then I saw the film and that moment was a touchstone for me. There are several memorable moments for me in the series. When I realized that Rarity was my favorite character, Scootaloo and RD parts 1 & 2, BBBFF, This Day Aria, and when I realized the symbolic nature about the stars in Apple Family Reunion. Those scenes moved me in profound ways. This from a guy that eats Shakespeare for breakfast.

Sunset Shimmer in that film, with that moment as a grand crescendo, just earned a spot on my list of emotional moments ... and there were others in that film too. The night talk with Twilight, her hand being reluctantly taken. All good stuff.

So yeah ... I get it. :D