Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zygen

18 users have voted

1. 1. Which Opening Theme for MLP Do You Prefer?

• English Opening
    • Japanese Opening
    • Italian Opening

I know that FIM has only had 1 theme, (unless there is a super secret hidden one somewhere... ;p.) but I have learned about the opening themes for MLP in two other languages, and the whole opening music and everything is entirely different in both compared to the English one. 

Anyways, rambling aside, after listening to some of these other themes, I oddly enough found them pretty good. And so I wanted to see what everyone else's favorite opening themes were, and why. 

I have personally quite liked the Italian version, I don't know why really, I guess I just think the singer has a really awesome singing voice, even if I can't understand the majority of what is said. (And honestly when literally translated it isn't quite as cool anyways in my opinion).

The Japanese one is pretty cool too, but idk, I just personally am not a huge fan of it.

The English version is cool too,(The extended version is better than just the part normally played.) but the fact i've heard it so much, plus just I think liking the Italian version better makes it not come off as anything amazing.

But now that i've given my lengthy opinionated explanations, I want to get to the purpose of this thread, and figure out which theme you like the most!

I'm only going to include the 3 I am aware of, since i don't know of any others, if there are other themes, then feel free to inform me, and I'll add them(assuming they aren't just translations to whatever language from English.)

Oh and I'll post the 3 theme's, so people can more easily compare.

Italian

Japanese

English

Looking forward to hearing what y'all have to say!

• Brohoof 1

My personal favorite is the English one. The shortened version of it is great, and I love the extended version; the lyrics in particular. There's nothing wrong with the others though; I really like the Japanese one as well, and the Italian one is alright. But the original is just really catchy and fits the mood of the show well in my opinion, so yeah.

And you gotta love those wonderful puns in the extended version. :P

• Brohoof 2

Italian > Japanese >>>>> English (I still like it. It's just not nearly as awesome as those too, but it has a certain charm to it that keeps me from hating it)

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

That japanese version.

THAT WAS GOOD.

The Japanese version is cool, and I can see why it would be liked, but honestly I personally don't like it a whole ton for some reason, but that's really just taste I think.

My personal favorite is the English one. The shortened version of it is great, and I love the extended version; the lyrics in particular. There's nothing wrong with the others though; I really like the Japanese one as well, and the Italian one is alright. But the original is just really catchy and fits the mood of the show well in my opinion, so yeah.

And you gotta love those wonderful puns in the extended version. :P

Honestly I like the extended version a lot better than the short version that I hear a million times.

The lyrics are really nice though I agree, (especially since they are the only ones i can understand without subtitles ;p.)

And it does fit well in the show, and I do think the vocals are still nice, and the childish happy feel to it is very nice mood that feels unique and has a charm to it.

I actually use to like it a lot more, but I have listened to it quite a lot, so some of my excitement for it died down, but it's still good for sure in my opinion.

I think the original's lyrics fits the best to the show, and portrays the shows meaning the best.

I like all of them, but I think the English one is best.

They all have their own unique charms, and alot of it is really up to taste I think, so yeah :).

Italian > Japanese >>>>> English (I still like it. It's just not nearly as awesome as those too, but it has a certain charm to it that keeps me from hating it)

Yeah, I can understand what you mean. I don't dislike it or anything either, but I just really like the Italian version right now ;p.

I'm sorry, but I must say that this is my favorite.

Well, while this doesn't technically constitute as a FIM Opening Theme, It was still entertaining ;p.

• Brohoof 1

Damn hearing the Italian theme makes me want to add it to my iPod now

Imagine someone going through my iPod list :lol:

"...Method Man, MJ, Mos Def, My Little Pony...My Little Pony! WTF is this shit!?"

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Damn hearing the Italian theme makes me want to add it to my iPod now

Imagine someone going through my iPod list :lol:

"...Method Man, MJ, Mos Def, My Little Pony...My Little Pony! WTF is this shit!?"

Yeah, if I had this on my Ipod and someone saw it, it would be confusing to them, considering my main genre is Rock.

Although, most of my music I have on my computer on spotify right now ;p.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, if I had this on my Ipod and someone saw it, it would be confusing to them, considering my main genre is Rock.

Although, most of my music I have on my computer on spotify right now ;p.

My Top 25 most played list would confuse so many people. The first few songs are songs by Radiohead, The Offspring, and Kanye West, then it runs into a wall of MLP songs :lol: Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

despite the movie being rather meh, I do like its opening theme.

Yeah, I do think the opening theme is pretty cool.

I was kinda thinking more along the lines of the main shows intro, so idk if i'll include it in the poll, but regardless i agree that it's a cool opening.

My Top 25 most played list would confuse so many people. The first few songs are songs by Radiohead, The Offspring, and Kanye West, then it runs into a wall of MLP songs :lol:

Haha, yeah, that would confuse many people I imagine xD.

I don't have any MLP songs on my Phone though, because I am still a closet brony, and don't want to take such a risk ;p.

My favourite's the Japanese version. It sounds happy and fast-paced.

I've heard the English version too many times and I never understood what's so great about the Italian version.

• Brohoof 2

Haha, yeah, that would confuse many people I imagine xD.

I don't have any MLP songs on my Phone though, because I am still a closet brony, and don't want to take such a risk ;p.

I feel ya. Whenever I'm done with music (especially in public) and I'm listening to my MLP songs, I make sure to switch to some rock or rap or something before I close it. I've got a reputation to keep ya know ;)

• Brohoof 1

My favourite's the Japanese version. It sounds happy and fast-paced.

I've heard the English version too many times and I never understood what's so great about the Italian version.

Yeah, the Japanese version is very fast, and joyous, and I do like it in some regards, but it just isn't my favorite honestly.

The English version I have heard quite a bit, although I still think it's good, and as far as what's so great about the italian version, idk, but for some reason I like it ;p.

I think it's the vocals, the vocals are just very beautiful. 

Idk though, i'm not entirely sure specifically what I like about it, but I do like it ;p, but I can understand if you don't.

I feel ya. Whenever I'm done with music (especially in public) and I'm listening to my MLP songs, I make sure to switch to some rock or rap or something before I close it. I've got a reputation to keep ya know ;)

Yeah haha, I just avoid any issues with that by not having MLP music on in public ever.

• Brohoof 1

All three of the openings you posted have tons of spoilers, compared to the short original English opening. :okiedokielokie:

Out of the three you posted, I like the extended English one the best.

It would make a nice opening for Season 5, or could be a nice bonus feature they could put on the last disk of the DVD Box Set of season 4. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

All three of the openings you posted have tons of spoilers, compared to the short original English opening. :okiedokielokie:

Out of the three you posted, I like the extended English one the best.

It would make a nice opening for Season 5, or could be a nice bonus feature they could put on the last disk of the DVD Box Set of season 4. :)

Eh, maybe minor spoilers, but I don't consider them that big of spoilers honestly. Nothing to important is shown really, and there's no dialogue. 

Plus, many opening sequences have minor spoilers like that. So honestly I don't mind it personally, but that's just me.

The Alex S remix durrrrr

;p, i've never heard the remix to be honest, but regardless I don't think i'm going to include remixes like that in this.

I love the Japanese theme, and the Italian theme isn't too bad either. The English theme is cool but wouldn't mind a new version soon.

Yeah, I definitely agree that we could possibly use some kind of atleast slightly new theme, It does get a bit old after a while.

The English one would have to be my fav.

I'm not sure what it is, but I like to be able to understand the lyrics.

I'm hoping they'll remix the S5 intro on the next premiere! 

I guess that's true, I was kinda that way first hearing them, but I started to really like the Italian version for some reason.

And yeah, I agree, some edited theme for S5 would be nice.

I thought you were gonna talk about the extremely vague differences in the opening theme between seasons. It seems they re-do it every once in a while; the only time I really noticed was in season 2, when I was binging it.

Nah, that has only changed very minor, to the point that there isn't much to talk about regarding that really ;p.

Where as the different themes in different languages have different opening sequences as well as music obviously.

• 1 month later...

Just want to point out that Japanese version have 4 opening themes so far (they have yet to air season3)...

The most epic one :Magical Dai Dai Daibouken! (Yuri Anime FTW!)

Edited by Osiria