Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who stays up past 3 am?

Discordly Cutiepie

Most of the time, I go to bed between 10 and 11 pm.  The first time I went to college, I frequently stayed up beyond reasonable hours; in fact, on one occasion, I didn't see the sun for three days because I stayed up all night, went to bed before dawn, and woke up after dusk.  That gave me some bad jet lag.

Last month, I pulled an all-nighter working on a project for my Art History class, in which I had to design my own church/temple.  After seeing everyone else's projects, I recognize that I spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time working on it.  But, it combined too many of my favorite things: drafting, math, geometry, art, theology...  So I stayed in front of my desk for eighteen hours working on it (it turned out beautiful, by the way).  I finished working on it a half hour before I normally get up, so there wasn't much point in going to bed.  And I wasn't able to go to bed until 10 pm that night due to responsibilities.  In total, I was awake for 34 hours before I got to sleep.

Well, technically, I did fall asleep for about 10 minutes in my sociology class.  While holding onto my cup of coffee.  I think the professor didn't wake me because she understood that I was trying my best to stay awake.

I used to do this all the time when I was a little younger. I got used to the 6 AM to 3 PM work schedule I was on though, and now even though I'm not on that kind of schedule anymore, I often fall asleep around 11 :(

When there is no school the day after, I always tend to sleep way after 3am, sometimes even 5am

So, I really like to do random stuff at night and I'm not that kind of guy that like to force himself to go to sleep

Because I'm mostly a night-shifter at work I'm always going to sleep at around 2 am. 3 am is the latest I've stayed awake, and I've ended up waking up at around 9 or 10 am, 11 am at the latest. It really throws me off in terms of natural sleep schedule, but I can't help it when my manager keeps scheduling me night shifts ;;