Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Rainbow Really does ROCK! (Favourite Songs?)

Cavalry Rush

Least favorite: Awesome as I wanna be (Sounds too centered on Rainbow Dash for my liking. Maybe my feeling towards this song is the same feeling that the characters were having towards Rainbow Dash when they were preforming it in the Battle of the Bands, huh?)

Favorite: Rainbow Rocks (That one opening song with the amazing visuals.), Welcome to the Show, and Shine Like Rainbows.

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 2

Favorite: Rainbow Rocks (That one opening song with the amazing visuals.), Welcome to the Show, and Shine Like Rainbows.

Funny you should say that because my initial reaction to both the opening and closing songs was, 'It's ok'. When I saw the film, the visuals featured during both actually heightened my enjoyment of them. I've developed an affinity to the Shine Like Rainbows due in large part to enjoying the sketches and credit shots of the other students interacting with Sunset.

• Brohoof 1

Favorites (all tied for first):

Tricks Up My Sleeve - I love the bouncy jazzy sound this song has along with the wobble bass it has at some points. Just a really fun and catchy song!

Under Our Spell - Kazumi Evans' vocals sound fantastic in this song, and they, along with the instrumentals, make for a really cool song.

Shake Your Tail - I didn't really like this song when I first heard it, but it eventually grew on me. My favorite part is definitely the chorus.

Welcome to the Show - If I could only choose one out of my top favorites, this would definitely be that song. This song combines what I liked about Under Our Spell with the amazing vocals of the Rainbooms, and Sunset's part later in the song just completes the whole thing. The drums around the 1:30 mark sound really cool as well, and the guitar at the end sounds great. Made for an epic final battle.

Shine Your Rainbows - A shame this song was reserved for the credits, but it's still a nice song. I really like the vocals (especially in the chorus) in this one as well, and we get to hear Sunset sing again (which is a plus).

Least Favorites:

Awesome as I Want to Be - Eh, I don't really like pop punk too much, and this song along with its lyrics kinda annoys me (though, I think that was the point, judging from the expressions the rest of the Mane 6 were given). Reminds me a little of season one Rainbow Dash, which I didn't like too much.

Music to my Ears - I have nothing against dubstep; I actually really like a lot of that genre; but, this song just sounds generic and I don't like the drop. It's cool that they tried a new genre though.

Favorite song: Awesome as I want to be; I really liked that they took a chance and went with the pop punk style of music. It made for a real toe-tapper

Least favorite: Tricks up my sleeve; I'm sorry guys but Trixie's singing voice just gets on my nerves and honestly, I was really surprised that so many people liked it...

Favs: Rainbow Rocks, Battle of the Bands, Shake Your Tail, Under Our Spell, Welcome to the Show

Least favorite: Probably just Better Than Ever

I was really, REALLY surprised at how much I enjoyed the music!

Favourite: Battle of the Bands. I like the shift of tone, considering that most of the songs in EQG are too pop-like for my tastes. The singing in this song is also great too.

Least favourite: Tricks up my Sleeve. While I have nothing against Trixie, her singing and the entire song sounds too generic. I wanted to like this song as I absolutely love jazz-like songs, but there's something about this song that doesn't feel right.

• Brohoof 1

Favorites: Welcome to the Show, Shake Your Tail, Under Our Spell and Shine Like Rainbows. Truth be told, the soundtrack was the big reason I saw the film at all. These songs were already my favorites, especially Welcome to the Show, but they proved to be even better with the accompanying visuals behind them.

Least Favorites: Awesome as I Want to be and Tricks up my Sleeve. I find it kind of funny that most of Trixie's song was cut from the movie, because the parts they cut were the reason it was one my least favorites. And Awesome as I Want to Be wasn't as bad, but what the two have in common is that both songs are basically just one big ego boost towards their respective singer.

Favourites: The Dazzlings dazzled me :maud: So... 'Welcome to the Show' (Humane 6 + Sunset + Dazzlings = heaven :D, i just wish they had kept in Pinkie's drumming and the scream battle in the iTunes version ), 'Under Our Spell' and 'Battle of the Bands'.

Least Favourites: 'Awesome As I Want To Be' & 'Tricks Up My Sleeve'.

Edited by Guest

I'll rewatch the movie and tell you guys. How about that? Then I'll share it with all of you.

watched it? its been 4 hours now :P

My fav song was welcome to the show and no least fav. :D

The only one I actually liked was Tricks up my Sleeve and I honestly don't even like Trixie. It was well, a pleasant surprise.

Favorite song: "Shine Like Rainbows", a beautiful song, great melody, and nice lyrics, a perfect way to end the movie. I also loved "Welcome To The Show" and "Under Our Spell".

Shine Like Rainbows is such a beautiful song! I 100% agree with everything you said and it was an absolutely perfect way to end the movie. The song has so much emotion and the lyrics has such great meaning. I just cant express how much i love this song. 

The movie had a ton of great songs from the very start to the very end and i absolutely love them all! But if i did have to choose my least favourite it would be Tricks Up My Sleeve which is pretty much the only song i disliked.

Daniel Ingram went all out and i mean ALL OUT writing these songs so a big shout out to him!  :) 

Edited by FadedSkies

Favourites: Welcome to the Show (Or the Rainboom parts of it anyway. While the shrieking makes sense in the plot of the film, it's a little unpleasant if you just want to listen to some music.), Under Our Spell, and Shake Your Tail.

Least favourite: Awesome As I Wanna Be and Bad Counter Spell.

My favorite song is one people seem to dislike:

Awesome as I want to be. Seriously, I love that song. As well as the opening theme song (Rainbow Rocks).

My least favorites are Welcome to the Show and Music to My Ears (Bonus Track) that one makes my ears BLEED. I don't think it qualify s as music even... Okay, maybe that's too far.