Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Rainbow Really does ROCK! (Favourite Songs?)

Cavalry Rush

My favorite was Shine Like Rainbows.  Its so sad that it was cut from the TV version, the version most people have seen. I understand that they needed to fill in a time slot but why couldn't they have just cut out all the Brad bits, that would have left time.

My favorite was Shine Like Rainbows.  Its so sad that it was cut from the TV version, the version most people have seen. I understand that they needed to fill in a time slot but why couldn't they have just cut out all the Brad bits, that would have left time.[/size]

Ik I wish Discovery didn't do that. Shine Like Rainbows is my favorite Rainbow Rocks song too!

Under Our Spell

Battle of the Bands

Welcome to the Show

Tricks Up My Sleeves

As weird as I know it will probably sound, I actually didn't care for any of the Rainboom's songs-they just weren't catchy enough for me-at least, compared to the villain songs from the film.

Seconding "all of the Dazzlings' songs" - Adagio's voice is gorgeous, and I feel like they just have...something more to them that the Rainbooms' don't? Idk how to describe it exactly, they just feel more like "real" songs to me, something about the harmonies, the basslines, the hooks - they're just better, I guess :P (IMO, though I do like the Rainbooms songs as well, especially Shine Like Rainbows) I also like Tricks Up My Sleeve a lot - it's catchy, a bit different and the lyrics are just so Trixie. I'm a six course meal and you're just burnt toast~ :P

If I had to pick one...probably Let's Have a Battle, I love how it sets up their characters and the conflict, and the chanting is super catchy ^^

• Brohoof 1

Seconding "all of the Dazzlings' songs" - Adagio's voice is gorgeous, and I feel like they just have...something more to them that the Rainbooms' don't? Idk how to describe it exactly, they just feel more like "real" songs to me, something about the harmonies, the basslines, the hooks - they're just better, I guess :P (IMO, though I do like the Rainbooms songs as well, especially Shine Like Rainbows) I also like Tricks Up My Sleeve a lot - it's catchy, a bit different and the lyrics are just so Trixie. I'm a six course meal and you're just burnt toast~ :P

If I had to pick one...probably Let's Have a Battle, I love how it sets up their characters and the conflict, and the chanting is super catchy ^^

I have to say I agree that the Dazzlings have something that the Rainbooms just dont their harmony is just a cut above but at the same time the Rainbooms have much more heart IMO (if you know what I mean) and I mean when Rainbow does Awesome as I want to be that just gets my heart pumping :wub:  which is something that the Dazzlings cant do for me 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I find myself listening a lot to the dazzling songs they are harmonized quite well, with that said here is my top 5:

1. Battle of the bands

2. Welcome to the show

3. Better than ever

4. Under our spell

5. Shake your tail (album version not movie)

Honorable mentions to Shine like rainbows, also a really good song.

• Brohoof 2

I shall rank them!

1. "Under Our Spell"/"Shine Like Rainbows" (tied)
  2. "Rainbow Rocks"
  3. "Better then Ever"
  4. "Welcome to the Show"
  5. "Tricks Up My Sleeve"
  6. "Battle of the Bands"
  7. "Shake Your Tail"
  8. "Rainbooms Battle"
  9. "Awesome as I Wanna Be"
  10. "Bad Counter Spell"

Yep. There were a lot of great songs!

The full version of both 'Awesome As I Wanna Be' and 'Tricks Up My Sleeve' are both amazing, but the Dazzlings' songs were just so much better!! Under Our Spell has to be my favourite complete song (including the visuals for it. I mean... woah.) and Welcome To The Show was good until the Rainbooms came and ruined it >:(

Seriously though, the breakdown in Welcome to the Show was so cool. I'd never thought I'd hear that genre coming out of legit MLP stuff.

I loved all of the soundtracks, I have them all on iTunes. But my favorite was Better Than Ever, that was beautiful.

I honestly don't think there is a bad song in the entire Generation 5. I would never thought it possible, but whoever the persons responsible for this are, they are simply genius, in my opinion.

There are some bad songs, some that Daniel and other song writers went lazy on, but the majority are decent. And don't you mean Generation 4?

My favorite song from Rainbow Rocks was Welcome to the Show. The Dazzlings' part did sound better, but they were hacking with those necklace things, however the Rainbooms weren't hacking and put effort into their singing, so their part was better. Sorry to confuse you :derp:

• 2 weeks later...

I loved all of the soundtracks, I have them all on iTunes. But my favorite was Better Than Ever, that was beautiful.

There are some bad songs, some that Daniel and other song writers went lazy on, but the majority are decent...?

Meh, I personally really don't think they went lazy on anything, but I respect your opinion. :)

...And don't you mean Generation 4?

I honestly have no idea.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

My favourite song was shine like rainbows ( I love that song so much,the music,the art,the lyrics, the harmonies, the guitar intro,the bridge,everything.)Eh-hum so after that geek out, I think that shine like rainbows was better than any song in RR (in my opinion) also in EG (although I did kinda (kinda) like a friend for life). I think that the songs from the Dazzlings where pretty good to, but shine like rainbows though... 

(only from RR)

1) shine like rainbows

2)Rainbow rocks 

4) Lets battle

5) under our spell

6)Welcome to the show

7)awesome as I wanna' be 

Edited by girlbrony

• 2 weeks later...

If found all songs amazing, but favorite?

I'll make a Top 5..

(worst to best, actually there is no ''worst'' but okay..).

5. Under Our Spell - Catchy and amazing voices!

4. Shine Like Rainbows - Catchy and beautiful, fitting with the ending too!

3. Let's have a Battle (Of the Bands) - Catchy!

2. Welcome to the Show - Loved every bit of it, especially Sunset Shimmer's part!

1. Tricks up My Sleeve - Personally, Trixie should've won, but that's not happening, sadly (plus, ironic that she's not wearing sleeves).

But I still listen to every song, they're so amazing!  :pinkie:  :pinkie: 

tumblr_static_12125235kc1hrzzx.gif