Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo Will Lock Your Wii U if You Don’t Agree to the New License Agreement

Shanks

That is most likely what they did, these companies know that most people don't read these agreements but with how long winded and legalistic they are can you really blame people for not doing that? But of course since people technically "agreed" legally speaking companies can do some really messed up stuff, Apple for example is notorious for bricking peoples Iphones for whatever reason they damn well feel like and they get away with it because of said "agreements" and I have to say it really baffles me how consumers aren't raising more hell about that.

It's sneaky, but if that's the case, no one would have a case against Nintendo. After cooling off a little, I can see Discordian's side of things too. I really don't think Ninty is the type to abuse their power, but I do see this sort of thing as a bug that should be crushed before it becomes a 50 storey cockroach, or in layman's terms, the standard business protocol for consumer goods going forward, and if it reaches that point, there will be nothing we can do about it.

Nintendo doesn't strike me as malicious though. They're the company that discovers standard networking tools after the other members of the Big 3. When they first discovered dlc, they went way overboard. I mean, there are games that have more dlc, but the early Nintendo average(or arithmetic mean in technical terms) was above the standard on other systems. They probably just discovered the bricking tool, and figured they'd use it to crush piracy. They seem pretty out of touch with what consumers think, so they probably didn't take that into consideration at all, but I don't think they were being inherently selfish.

I don't see why people are upset over this. Just accept the terms of service (like you would've anyway). I feel like the only reason people are complaining is because they're being forced to or else they can't play, when, like I said, they would've just accepted it anyway.